We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by AndyS »

I suspect those adapters are like the ones I posted in this post, or another set I ordered that are here for $5. Some of Barton stuff looks just like Ali Express stuff. Not all, but some.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I had missed that G-Shock is rolling out a custom watch site in Japan. Looks like the Nike or other shoe companies customization sites.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Looking for deals on Walmart.com I was surprised to see this Casio solar pop up at a local location for $40. Maybe you too? I searched for "casio solar". The listing doesn't show me a model number.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-So ... /455367717

OTOH, they are still selling the black Casio Duro for $39:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-s- ... V/21672924
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 pm Looking for deals on Walmart.com I was surprised to see this Casio solar pop up at a local location for $40. Maybe you too? I searched for "casio solar". The listing doesn't show me a model number.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-So ... /455367717

OTOH, they are still selling the black Casio Duro for $39:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-s- ... V/21672924
FYI, @AndyS posted a similar model back in June, including a model # which should be close:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1705&start=300#p96256

Reminds me of an MRW-200H, but solar-powered. Darn it...they have one available at a WM near me, and I swore I wouldn't buy any more watches this year. ;)
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I bought a cheap Casio around Black Friday when I got a price tracker notice from CCC. Not quite Tennessee Orange, but might still be my ballgame watch.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I bit on the GW-B5600MG-1DR that I've wanted for awhile as a positive display solar bluetooth square. Worked for a day, now it won't power up. Initially thought it was just in power save mode, then I thought maybe it had a dead cell. Left it in the sun then under a directed LED light for hours and it still won't wake up.

May have my first dead G-Shock. With Citizens, leaving them in light for an hour or so will start them up. This thing is dead-dead right now.

I emailed the seller yesterday. Hope for a response soon. I really want this model, because positive display GWB5600's are few and far between.

I did get a warranty card, but not sure how that works with an out of country purchase.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

After several days sitting in the window during our overcast/snowy/rainy weather, it's woken up?

Vincent Watch finally responded. Claimed my email went into Junk, but I also tried to message them on both FB and Wechat (serves as their "chat" on their website) with no response. They just told me to leave it in the light, which I was already doing.

I'll give it a couple more days in the sun and wear it to keep an eye on it. It was weird that even under direct LED light that I didn't see any kind of charge indicator. It just took several days.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

AndyS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm It was weird that even under direct LED light that I didn't see any kind of charge indicator. It just took several days.
It's been my understanding that a lot of LEDs don't give off the proper light frequencies that some solar watches need, especially if they are in a deeply depleted state of charge.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:36 pm
AndyS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm It was weird that even under direct LED light that I didn't see any kind of charge indicator. It just took several days.
It's been my understanding that a lot of LEDs don't give off the proper light frequencies that some solar watches need, especially if they are in a deeply depleted state of charge.
I've definitely charged up other Gshocks and Citizens under this work light from a low state, but you're right, it might not have given it what it needed in the few hours I tried it before just throwing it in the window.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

20220119_083331_remastered.jpg
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm After several days sitting in the window during our overcast/snowy/rainy weather, it's woken up?

Vincent Watch finally responded. Claimed my email went into Junk, but I also tried to message them on both FB and Wechat (serves as their "chat" on their website) with no response. They just told me to leave it in the light, which I was already doing.

I'll give it a couple more days in the sun and wear it to keep an eye on it. It was weird that even under direct LED light that I didn't see any kind of charge indicator. It just took several days.
And...it's dead again. Had a few days of it working. Left it in the window any time I wasn't wearing it. Somethings wrong.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

AndyS wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm
AndyS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm After several days sitting in the window during our overcast/snowy/rainy weather, it's woken up?

And...it's dead again. Had a few days of it working. Left it in the window any time I wasn't wearing it. Somethings wrong.
Sorry to hear that -- so frustrating.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Seems like GA-2100 chapter ring, indices, and face mods are coming out of China now.

I want a lume index ring. Just think prices are still a touch high.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Picked up the basic Walmart DW5600 from a deal posted here. Stuck it in a Ali Express sub $10 bezel and band. Only thing I don't like about the combo is the blue Illuminator text.

Might paint in the bezel text in black. Think that would look good.

Found myself wearing more OD Green than typical lately.
20220128_083319.jpg