We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by AndyS »

mplsabdullah wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:41 pm
AndyS wrote:Is it Sunrise/Sunset or Tide? I thought it had tide settings. To get that localized you go into the app and select a location on the beach.
So I have to select a beach in my area? I was trying to just select my neighborhood and it wouldn't save the location. I have zero need for tide info but sun rise & set is useful.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I just looked at it and you can only select something on a beach. If you go into the app and move the map to a beach area, you seem to have to select one of the red map location icons.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

AndyS wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:41 pm
AndyS wrote:Is it Sunrise/Sunset or Tide? I thought it had tide settings. To get that localized you go into the app and select a location on the beach.
So I have to select a beach in my area? I was trying to just select my neighborhood and it wouldn't save the location. I have zero need for tide info but sun rise & set is useful.

I just looked at it and you can only select something on a beach. If you go into the app and move the map to a beach area, you seem to have to select one of the red map location icons.
Thank you for checking. Unfortunately the closest points on the map with red icons are about 1000 miles in each direction of me. Lol.

Looks like I was finally able to pick my location and send it to the watch. [emoji1360]

Now do I HAVE to keep it connected with Bluetooth to save my settings? Can I unpair it so its not always trying to connect with my phone?

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Combi style bracelet with green and black bezel? Not sure this works. Probably put it back on the green resin band, but these bracelets are more comfortable.
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

New 40th Anniversary 'recrystallized' squares:

https://gshock.casio.com/us/40th/produc ... ed-series/

Too bad the black rubber strap one (in the middle) for $300 isn't solar.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Also new fitness focused squares. DWH5600 models. G-Central article.

TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

AndyS wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:43 pm Also new fitness focused squares. DWH5600 models. G-Central article.

These look amazing! Price and where does one get them?
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Is it me or is inventory coming way down amongst retailers? I’m new to Casio, specifically G-shocks, and primarily shopping heavily discounted model but still surprised to see how low inventories are getting. Specifically - Bodega, DaddiesBoardShop, MLTD, etc. Maybe it’s just the normal cycle with the 40th Anniversary Editions coming out?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

CVP33 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:32 am Is it me or is inventory coming way down amongst retailers? I’m new to Casio, specifically G-shocks, and primarily shopping heavily discounted model but still surprised to see how low inventories are getting. Specifically - Bodega, DaddiesBoardShop, MLTD, etc. Maybe it’s just the normal cycle with the 40th Anniversary Editions coming out?
Were you paying attention to Gshocks when the GA2100's came out? That was crazy. I feel it's better now.

There are just so many colorway sku's that are only sold for a season or so that you might see stuff just be there for awhile, then never again. I've got the positive display with green digital camo GWB5600MG that was a seasonal release, but I suspect due to COVID, never really had a lot of stock in the US. I think I paid $125 out of Singapore for one, but now even used ones seem to be $200+ on ebay. It wasn't a limited edition technically, but in reality there just weren't many in the US.

I think there are probably just a lot of models like that. If you're looking for a very specific thing, they may be scarce after a few months. If you're just looking by general model and aren't as picky for the colorway, there's generally something available.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Speaking of seasonal, for some reason I want this even though it's probably more flashy than I like. Part of a new silver series. Positive display, too.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

AndyS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:03 pm Speaking of seasonal, for some reason I want this even though it's probably more flashy than I like. Part of a new silver series. Positive display, too.

I like its name: "Forgotten Future." The look and the name remind me of Sleeper:

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

That could be an ideal dial color to put it in a stainless bezel/bracelet set.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Apologies f this was already posted.

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Just letting everyone know I had to cancel another THE LUXURY DIRECT order. Two weeks of run around with a bogus tracking number and some BS excuse that the package must have gotten wet or damaged and became undeliverable. 2nd time, so I can no longer recommend these guys.
7F42A3E4-7E27-4F52-AF33-B22BBD1E6A14.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Amazon had an ‘as new’ for $99 minus 6% bonus for using Discover Card, so net $94. Been wanting one for awhile.
893EAF18-B7D9-4CDE-A6D4-5375E935E099.jpeg
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Re: Casio MDV 106 Duro Problem

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

BEST Duro Parts come from https://urvintage.se/MDV-106 Not cheap but you gotta pay for QUALITY