We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Rocat
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by Rocat »

Stretch44 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:38 pm My first g shock on its way.

Nice! Where did you find that?
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

AndyS wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:16 pm Rocat, you're making me pull out watches I haven't worn in a bit. PRG-270. Notice the battery is still high, so not THAT long. Even more readable than the GD-350 due to the big numbers:

PRG-270.jpg
I'm telling ya. The PRG-270 wears great on that fabric strap I posted earlier. I wore it that way for a long time.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Rocat wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:08 pm

The bay. Paid retail, which was the cheapest I could find. I'll be sharing with the wife... Haha. She likes the color too much
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Stretch44 wrote:

The bay. Paid retail, which was the cheapest I could find. I'll be sharing with the wife... Haha. She likes the color too much
Looks like that's a new spring 2020 release:

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-dw-56 ... el-series/
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

AndyS wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:01 pm
Stretch44 wrote:

Looks like that's a new spring 2020 release:

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-dw-56 ... el-series/
Yeah, I saw that. I liked this color the best out of the three.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:57 am This seems like the best place to share this survey.

Vario is thinking of making a 24mm crazy horse single pass leather (2mm thick) for their G-Shock adapter set.
They want to know what customers think via the survey below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform

If they get enough people interested, they'll make some.

First of all, this photo shows that the common plastic 24mm nato adapter for Gs does not fit the CasiOak.

Re. single-pass straps for g-shocks, I've tried the stock square + adapters + 24mm zulu, and I felt the strap was too wide for a square. Maybe 24mm fits other, bigger Gs, but for me, 22mm is a better fit for squares.

It was interesting to swap the stock zulu for a nato on the above watch. The geometry of the adapters caused the square to stand off from my wrist: fail. A design that employs spring bars -- like Sporkboy's or some of the newer offerings I see at JaysAndKays here -- allows a nato to work w/o modification.
Totally agree. I had the 24mm adapters on my white 5610. In addition to being too big it was actually kind of hard to find a 24mm white NATO. None of the big name strap companies made one. I'll be getting a 22 adapter set for my black 5610.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

[mention]Rocat[/mention] I can't believe how many you've owned.....ridiculous! :lol: I like the ones below plus the GD-350 that you and [mention]AndyS[/mention] own.

I don't think I've ever seen this one below before.

I really like this non-G below. The size looks right for me too. I might look to add one.

And this white of [mention]Boourns[/mention] is one of my favorite squares, even if the legibility isn't fantastic.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I've got one of those white GW-M5610MD's I found a deal on new at a TJMaxx that I've never worn. Not really into the white band look for me. I bought it thinking I might mod it, but when I saw the ebay prices of this model, I can't make up my mind if I wouldn't be better off just selling it and buying something I like better.

Was thinking about doing a positive display conversion mod then putting it into a metal bezel, but these seem to be a bit hard to find, so for now it sits here unworn. Occasionally getting a bit of sun to keep it charged.

Probably should just see what I can get for it and let it go to a better home.

EDIT: Picture. And smudges on the crystal are bonuses! :)
GWD5610MD in box.jpg
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Another video on the interface of the new GBD-H1000.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:49 am
I don't think I've ever seen this one below before.

I really like this non-G below. The size looks right for me too. I might look to add one.
The one you've never seen is a G7510 vibration alert watch. Great shape and fit on the wrist. They are no longer made. The non G is a TRT-110H and it is a great watch that is nice and light and very well built with a dual BLUE led light that is nice, bright and uniform across the lcd for lighting. And it's cheap.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

There's a new G-Shock Frogman certified dive watch. Reference GWF-A1000. It's apparently the first all-analog Frogman. When you set it for dive time, the hour and minute hands line up at twelve and move in unison to time your dive while the second time zone indicator changes to display current time. And there's a phone app to log your dives. This one is definitely not in my future but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

LINK HERE

2020-05-07 (2).png
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Do any of you Casio heads know when the new G-LIDE GBX-100's are going to be on sale? I'm really wanting the green one (GBX-100-2).

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:22 pm Do any of you Casio heads know when the new G-LIDE GBX-100's are going to be on sale? I'm really wanting the green one (GBX-100-2).

According to this, May in Asia.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:22 pm Do any of you Casio heads know when the new G-LIDE GBX-100's are going to be on sale? I'm really wanting the green one (GBX-100-2).

I'm not an expert, but I've noticed that TicTacArea (here) and RelojesDeModa (here) have different G-Shock models/availability than other places. For example, searching RelojesDeModa for GBX (link here), they show two placeholder listings that say 'available 5/22' (but I didn't see the green):
gbx-100-1er.jpg
TicTacArea also has a couple GBX listings (link here) that say 'out of stock'-- maybe they were offering pre-orders? Or maybe it's just what any listing says when the inventory is zero? (Also not seeing green at TicTacArea.)

Visiting Reeds, I see that they offer pre-orders on upcoming G-Shock releases, but they don't list these G-LIDES, yet. So I would keep an eye on Reeds. Here is a link to Reeds G-Shocks.

Here is an example of a pre-order at Reeds:
reeds_g.jpg
Casio makes some models available for pre-order on their G-Shock site. If you change the filter to show all listings (toggle the Available Online filter), you'll see that the pre-order watch above at Reed's is marked OOS at Casio, even though the listing says available late May.

https://www.gshock.com/watches

I would keep an on all of these sellers to see what happens. I'm sure there are more.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Another seller with an interesting inventory for US buyers is RedDeer. Like this GA-2110SU-9A which is $148 on eBay. $129.

https://www.reddeerwatches.com/casio-g- ... 110su.html