We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by Animal Mother »

Boys in blue gotta wear a G-Shock. And what other G-Shock than the blue faced GW-B5600-2ER!

Also fitted with the bumper bars for the inevitable rough and tumble!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Alright, I will share one. My wife and I have been sorting and organizing boxes of pictures and memorabilia from family who have passed. Yesterday my wife pulled out a newspaper article with a picture of 17 year old Split-Time. I was wearing a Casio Databank, which looked really cool :? . I remember that watch well and used it to store phone numbers, dates and even tried to use the memory function to cheat on a test one time (which didn't work out well).

Not sure if that was the first Casio I was aware of, but I do remember it well. Sometimes I wonder if I took it to college. Part of me thinks that it wouldn't have been "cool" enough, but surely I had to take at least one watch.

MoT, I am not sure that I followed all of the rules, but please don't consider me for the giveaway. That watch deserves a better home :lol: .
TimeDoc

Post by TimeDoc »

Hmm... My first ever Casio was one of those analog plastic ladies watch.
My mom gave it to me back then a while ago, probably when I was 10 or 11. She likely did not want it, but man did I think it was really nice. I was still small then, and given my small wrists now, my wrists were even smaller, so it fit me perfectly. I am unsure what happened to it, I think it ran out of battery. My dad then gave me a fossil watch, which was all metal, but it became too heavy to wear. I stopped wearing watches for a while until near the end of my high school when I bought a G-shock, which I wore for at least 6 years. I have high respect and I know of Casio's reliability based on these memories when I was younger.

I have always wanted a Casio Oceanus, though to be honest I wished they were 1-2mm smaller. And also I wished the integrated bracelet wasn't there so I can make them more customizable. One day, maybe, they will finally make one with those specs.
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

Never owned a Casio but you can change all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

TimeDoc wrote: I have always wanted a Casio Oceanus, though to be honest I wished they were 1-2mm smaller. And also I wished the integrated bracelet wasn't there so I can make them more customizable. One day, maybe, they will finally make one with those specs.
Thought there were some now without the integrated bracelets?
BamBam
MoT Member

Post by BamBam »

Some kind of Casio yacht timer I've not seen the likes of since. I lost it in my flat and spent weekends trying to hang around at 3pm when I wasn't working to listen for the alarm. It was regular and just loud enough to hear but never sounded long enough for my echo location skills to kick in so I'd run about from room to room checking odd spots like behind the oven or in a crawl space.. Eventually I left the flat and left the undiscovered watch to annoy the next tenant.
Who watches the watchmen? I do. :geek:
Slant
MoT Member

Post by Slant »

What a great gesture ManOnTime!

Being a child of the 80s I must admit I was one of the first in my class to have a Casio calculator watch. But that's not the one I loved the most.

I used to play with this one day in day out, anytime I wasn't doing homework, in the car, at the restaurants with the folks, just ANYWHERE.

Not my pic:

For the life of me, I can't remember if I had the strap version or the bracelet version (not my pic again)...

So yeah, this game watch and the calculator watch were my first memories of Casio.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Turned Rakuten points into a G-Glide Sea Snake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I have never seen that. That's pretty cool.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:I have never seen that. That's pretty cool.
Thanks, 2019 model.

I had my mind on something else when I found it doing some last minute browsing. I'm liking the two tone color display, just hope the white doesn't get dirty easily.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:16 pm ...just hope the white doesn't get dirty easily.
If it does, just call it patina ;)
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

My wife was scrolling through a clickbait article about funny Amazon reviews and read this one to me. Had to share with the rest of the class

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

I was late to the party and didn't get my first Casio digital until recently. This is the GCool GE-2000 that was designed by Pininfarina. The metal cable in the straps is purportedly a Ferrari throttle cable. The bands are notoriously hard to find but I was able to locate a seller in Japan a few years ago and got two for safe keeping. It's kinda ridiculous but I'm saving them for when I really HAVE to replace the band. At any rate....
gcool.jpg
cuica
MoT Member

Post by cuica »

I'm clearly a winner already!
This giveaway made me look for a watch I had stocked away somewhere. This was a christmas present when I was in 5th or 6th grade. The first "good" quality watch I owned and it's a Casio. When lockdown is over, I'll have my watch guy put in a fresh battery and hopefully it will run again!

I'm curious about the Lineage and Oceanus lineups, one of these days I'll have to try one out.

Thanks for the giveaway!Image
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

kl884347 wrote:I was late to the party and didn't get my first Casio digital until recently. This is the GCool GE-2000 that was designed by Pininfarina. The metal cable in the straps is purportedly a Ferrari throttle cable. The bands are notoriously hard to find but I was able to locate a seller in Japan a few years ago and got two for safe keeping. It's kinda ridiculous but I'm saving them for when I really HAVE to replace the band. At any rate....
gcool.jpg
That is G-COOL!