We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by BostonCharlie »

New G-Shock pre-order at Reeds, available end of June. Full metal square w/ MB6 & Bluetooth (per Casio, linked below). $800. Already OOS from gshock.com. GMWB5000CS-1.

Casio product page here.

G-Central writeup here: "The grid lines, as reported by Japanese media ..., are actually the stainless steel surface showing from below the black IP coating." Also: the display is STN.

https://www.reeds.com/men-s-casio-g-sho ... 92920.html

Update to add that it is also available from Topper for pre-order:
https://topperjewelers.com/products/g-s ... -1-deposit

Last edited by BostonCharlie on Wed May 13, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Stuff like that hurts my eyes.

Kind of like when people used to wear small patterned fabric sports coats on TV during the CRT TV days. Tennessee's Coach Majors used to do that on his weekly football show and it killed me. It makes it hard to focus or something.
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Reminds me of Tron. Hypebeast kids will probably scramble for them.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

BostonCharlie wrote:New G-Shock pre-order at Reeds, available end of June. Full metal square w/ MB6 & Bluetooth (per Casio, linked below). $800. Already OOS from gshock.com. GMWB5000CS-1.

Casio product page here.

G-Central writeup here: "The grid lines, as reported by Japanese media ..., are actually the stainless steel surface showing from below the black IP coating." Also: the display is STN.

https://www.reeds.com/men-s-casio-g-sho ... 92920.html

Update to add that it is also available from Topper for pre-order:
https://topperjewelers.com/products/g-s ... -1-deposit

That is so rad! Cool! Now I just have to find a matching outfit and setting where to wear it. Anything, anywhere, but I can wait for a price drop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:13 pm That is so rad! Cool! Now I just have to find a matching outfit and setting where to wear it. Anything, anywhere, but I can wait for a price drop.

+

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Nsjong wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:46 pm Reminds me of Tron. Hypebeast kids will probably scramble for them.
I almost typed the same thing regarding Tron :lol: . Even looked for a picture, then though, "nah, that's probably just me :roll: ."
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:13 pm That is so rad! Cool! Now I just have to find a matching outfit and setting where to wear it. Anything, anywhere, but I can wait for a price drop.

+

That G, those slacks, and Tron world - perfect!

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Another one of mine my wife bought me. A few years ago she got me my first G-Shock in the GD-350 (as a gift from our daughter). Then last year, she bought me the exact same watch as another gift, forgetting she'd already given me one. After some laughs, she took it back and swapped it for this GD-400-9. Really my only brown toned G-Shock. I really like the band material, but am not as sure about the bull bars. But it's a cool watch. (You can remove the bull bars if you want).
GD-400.jpg
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:Another one of mine my wife bought me. A few years ago she got me my first G-Shock in the GD-350 (as a gift from our daughter). Then last year, she bought me the exact same watch as another gift, forgetting she'd already given me one. After some laughs, she took it back and swapped it for this GD-400-9. Really my only brown toned G-Shock. I really like the band material, but am not as sure about the bull bars. But it's a cool watch. (You can remove the bull bars if you want).
GD-400.jpg
I would ditch those bull bars in a quick second. Reminds me of the big rubber guard on the Inox. Never been on. Will never be on. But, to each his own.

Good to know they are removable, since I always skip over those models when I see one.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 pm
AndyS wrote:Another one of mine my wife bought me. A few years ago she got me my first G-Shock in the GD-350 (as a gift from our daughter). Then last year, she bought me the exact same watch as another gift, forgetting she'd already given me one. After some laughs, she took it back and swapped it for this GD-400-9. Really my only brown toned G-Shock. I really like the band material, but am not as sure about the bull bars. But it's a cool watch. (You can remove the bull bars if you want).

GD-400.jpg
I would ditch those bull bars in a quick second. Reminds me of the big rubber guard on the Inox. Never been on. Will never be on. But, to each his own.

Good to know they are removable, since I always skip over those models when I see one.
I thought I had a picture with them off, but I can't find it. They definitely were made for the bars, but they look pretty good without them, too.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I just learned about the G-3000 (or G3000). Its duplex LCD display is very configurable between colored/standard/reverse modes. This video shows all the possible combinations starting at 6:00:

Other reasons to love this watch: big display, big pushers, data memory.

I discovered this while investigating this $80 listing on Poshmark, seller is 1+ years active. Note the black/blue case coloring:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Casio-GSho ... 15a0c0d637

On eBay there is an even more interesting pre-owned colorway for $35 + $20 shipping from Japan:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-CASIO-G-S ... 2986748317

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:22 pm Do any of you Casio heads know when the new G-LIDE GBX-100's are going to be on sale? I'm really wanting the green one (GBX-100-2).

I now see a listing for this model at RelojesDeModa:
https://www.relojesdemoda.com/relojes-h ... 93469.html

It has an availability date of 6/1.

Funny thing. I had signed up to be notified when the black model was available. I received their notice today at 5:19pm. When I finally opened my mail an hour later, I follow the link but it shows no stock. Instead it says available 6/1 (it used to say 5/22). So maybe their first shipment sold out that fast? Or maybe I received the message in error? Anyhow, if I were you I would visit this listing 5/31 to make sure you got one.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Liking it! Like the two color dial, functions, comfy light, large but not unmanageable, light good enough to be a keyhole flashlight. Bottom line, looks the part of a tough tool watch.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

So there I was, minding my own business while making a quick run to Walmart for some fries to go with the ribs I'm making for dinner tonight. Mask on, go in, get fries, get out, mask off, go home. No fuss, no muss. Or so I thought.

When I got home I discovered this Casio Sports W735H-8AV "somehow" made its way into my basket. Well, seeing as I already own its twin, I decided this guy needed a loving home, and I thought to myself "Self, I can't think of a better home than with one of the participants of the "Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's" thread on the forum!"

So, if you would like to be the kind, adoptive care-taker of this orphaned Casio, just do the following:

Write a post in this thread telling about your first Casio or your first memory of a Casio. Also write about a Casio you have always wanted, but for some reason have never owned.

That's it! Have your submissions in by 11:59pm CST, Friday, May 29th. I will read them over and pick the winner and send them the watch.

Good luck!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody