We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What Watch Are You Lusting For?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Re: What Watch Are You Lusting For?

Post by DogOnTime »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 pm Have you seen the fifty four watches homage? Its true to the 37mm original but has an NH35. These look the business if you ask me.
https://www.54watch.com/product-page/sl ... F%E6%9C%AC

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
It's a nice homage and one of the earliest for the 62mas, but honest opinion from me is that the build quality just isn't there. Over a period of time, I relinquished the idea of filling the "void" with temporary alternatives. Even if I got that or any other 62mas homage from Chinese brands like Armida or Helson, I know I'd regret it eventually. I even picked up the SPB053 to realise that 43mm was just too large and ended up selling it.

Also 37mm is a tad small for my preference of dive watches.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

Nsjong wrote:
Boourns wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 pm To me, a watch lusted over is different than a grail -- shorter term and may burn out after time. So my lusts change frequently.
Very valid point, although I think my lusts amalgamate well with grails or long-term consideration of purchases as a watch doesn't occupy my mind unless it's something I have to acquire.

Recently, this one has been occupying my thoughts... I will end up getting it, but I guess because it's not available I still lust for a proper modern rendition of the 62mas.

I've been lusting for this too but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the premium.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

gormless wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:24 am

I predict that there will be multiple future releases so unless you're set on the particular colour, I'd pass on the limited edition blue variant. I don't expect to pay close to full retail on it to be honest.

They're only releasing 3 versions to begin with, none being a black dial... Seiko never omits a standard black dial on the first release unless it's slated for future release.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

There's a constant conversation in my head on about 3-4 watches but since it's launch, I've been admiring the MING 27.01 the most.

Luckily all 125 pieces made for this year sold out in the 9 minutes that I was staring between the watch and my ever depleting bank balance.

Pics of the MING 27.01. Info here https://ming.watch/products/ming-27-01
ImageImage
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Sussa wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm I'm lusting after a $20 watch. I know I won't wear it, but like many children of the '80s, I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. And what fun is adulthood if you can't fulfill childhood wants?

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5.08.31 PM.png

This lust was made worse by watching the latest season of Dead to Me on Netflix. A prominent character wears the black Data Bank and it looked good on him.
Cool watch. Yes I remember only the rich kids had them back when I was in school. It wasn't cheap where I grew up or even available since the nearest town was an hour away and going to town was a once in a month event. I got the DBC-611 last year and very happy being able to enjoy it finally.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Also have had a crush on Sinn’s for awhile. This one posted by [mention]whoagorgeous[/mention] is definitely brining a rise...
D6CA07F4-8751-4887-BF76-83981F4C1285.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

It took some thinking, but I always somehow come back to the Sinn 556 A on bracelet. I will never get one as I can’t imagine spending that amount of money on a watch. However, I do get a little weak in the knees each time I see one. I like the idea of this with no date, but I am not certain the. Date would bother me. If I could have just 1 watch, this would be a candidate.
90F4CE1D-A6AB-4139-B6F3-220F6500CE73.jpeg
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

Nsjong wrote:
gormless wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:24 am

I predict that there will be multiple future releases so unless you're set on the particular colour, I'd pass on the limited edition blue variant. I don't expect to pay close to full retail on it to be honest.

They're only releasing 3 versions to begin with, none being a black dial... Seiko never omits a standard black dial on the first release unless it's slated for future release.
Yeah i know but this colourway looks the best to me at the moment. But yeah you're right. I'll be waiting on the second hand market.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

This is one I've lusted after since it came out, but will be ever unobtainable.
Pricing was prohibitive when it came out and they only made 82 pieces to begin with.
Have only seen it show up on the secondary market twice and those were still too pricey.

The limited edition Zodiac Olympos Mystery Dial.

Swoon.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 pm The limited edition Zodiac Olympos Mystery Dial.

Swoon.
Swoon indeed. I lusted after the cream dial when the reissues came out. There are some decent prices for the vintage models on eBay if you're open to that. I've found that searching for the misspelling "Olympus" yields the best bargains.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 pm
ManOnTime wrote:
Sussa wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm I'm lusting after a $20 watch. I know I won't wear it, but like many children of the '80s, I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. And what fun is adulthood if you can't fulfill childhood wants?

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5.08.31 PM.png

This lust was made worse by watching the latest season of Dead to Me on Netflix. A prominent character wears the black Data Bank and it looked good on him.

I want it in black, and a matching black 1985 Toyota SR5 4x4 to match.
I had the pleasure of driving a friends 4runner turbo years ago. Still slow but awesome. When googling to make sure it was an SR5, I came across this ad. Now this is how you sell a transmission [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
What transmission.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

This one ticks a lot of boxes for me. Omegas were one of the first brands on my radar due to growing up with Brosnan's Bond. This one's cousin has been in a couple of the recent films. I love boating. The colors correspond with one of my favorite sports teams. Its versatility would work well for me.

Only problem is it would require a significant re-ordering of my collection. Have to get it at the right price *and* be able to part with a few of the current central pieces of my collection.
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

cheddar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:27 pm Image

This one ticks a lot of boxes for me. Omegas were one of the first brands on my radar due to growing up with Brosnan's Bond. This one's cousin has been in a couple of the recent films. I love boating. The colors correspond with one of my favorite sports teams. Its versatility would work well for me.

Only problem is it would require a significant re-ordering of my collection. Have to get it at the right price *and* be able to part with a few of the current central pieces of my collection.
The new green is a semi-lust as I'm not a fan of the chapter ring design:
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

This Omega Seamaster is well beyond what I've ever spent on a watch, but this thread asked for models lusted after so...

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Gotta say, the more I see it, the more this is moving up the list.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find