We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What watch are they wearing?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
peskydonut
MoT Member

What watch are they wearing?

Post by peskydonut »

Saw someone wearing a watch that caught your eye, but don't know what it is? Or maybe you know exactly what it is and just want to torture your fellow watch enthusiasts... Post it here!
Last edited by peskydonut on Sat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living a comeback montage.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: What watch are they wearing?

Post by peskydonut »

I'll start things off...

I'm watching a review of these these hipster shoes and all I can see is the watch. Does anyone know what watch he's wearing? Looks like a field watch. Here's what I could make out...

- 3 hander
- yellow/orange seconds
- looks like a 24-hour inner track
- white dial
- matte finish

EDIT: Damn it! Just figured it out.

Still posting this in case someone wants to take a shot. (I'll post if nobody gets it in the next 24hrs)
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I have thought of like 5 things but they're all wrong so I'm stumped. But I'm really bad at this game. White, field watch, sword (maybe syringe) hands, red second hand, Arabic numerals for the hour on the outside and minutes on the inner part of the dial...
I wish that watch were 38mm?
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I'll give a hint: it's not very expensive. Under $100.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Timex Scout with aftermarket bracelet?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Timex Allied TW2R46700. I was just looking at this watch the other day as part of my quest to find the perfect white dial Timex with Indiglo to use as my glove box beater.

21249529035eb31ff5914de.jpg
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

[mention]ManOnTime[/mention] Very close, [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] has it with the Timex Allied.

I only realized it after the fact, but the back end of that yellow seconds hand is a dead giveaway that it's a Timex.

At first glance I though maybe Archimede Outdoor Protect, but that one has the 12hr track on the inside, crown guards, and the hands are all wrong.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:38 am @ManOnTime Very close, @yinzburgher has it with the Timex Allied.

I only realized it after the fact, but the back end of that yellow seconds hand is a dead giveaway that it's a Timex.

At first glance I though maybe Archimede Outdoor Protect, but that one has the 12hr track on the inside, crown guards, and the hands are all wrong.
Maybe I'm stereotyping, but as soon as I read "hipster" my mind immediately jumped to Timex.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Does anyone know what watch the climber Joe Brown is wearing in this photo, 1955, photo taken from an article about top climbers smoking on mountain summits. (Smoking is bad kids)

[attachment=0]6FE741A8-4110-422E-9EED-22F627D2306E.png[/attachment

It’s good size for the era, just don’t be a Rolex....!?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

WPybus wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 am Does anyone know what watch the climber Joe Brown is wearing in this photo, 1955, photo taken from an article about top climbers smoking on mountain summits. (Smoking is bad kids)

[attachment=0]6FE741A8-4110-422E-9EED-22F627D2306E.png[/attachment

It’s good size for the era, just don’t be a Rolex....!?
I'd love to tell you it's a Smiths or even a Tudor.......but my money is on a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer Ref 6350. Apparently most had mercedes hands but there were also a fair number that had pencil hands. Most with pencil hands had a second hands like you see in the first photo, but you can also find a few photos like the second one, which has the pencil hands combined with the lollipop second hand. That's my best guess anyway.

WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

[mention]yinzburgher[/mention] thanks so much for your reply- that was my first thought when looking at it.... looks like I won’t be getting that for my $35 field watch challenge! Beautiful watch though and for the era a great size!!
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

WPybus wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:39 am @yinzburgher thanks so much for your reply- that was my first thought when looking at it.... looks like I won’t be getting that for my $35 field watch challenge! Beautiful watch though and for the era a great size!!
Next time we do the $35,000 field watch challenge you have your entry. And even then it may be close. :lol:
I wish that watch were 38mm?
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Mmm I don’t think I will be joining you for that challenge [mention]Boourns[/mention] !!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

WPybus wrote:[mention]yinzburgher[/mention] thanks so much for your reply- that was my first thought when looking at it.... looks like I won’t be getting that for my $35 field watch challenge! Beautiful watch though and for the era a great size!!
While it is a type of ‘field watch, wit it doesn’t qualify according to the standards I have imposed on the challenge. It lacks most of the numerals. However, this topic has been discussed on Discord and anyone that finds a $35 Explorer can submit it as their challenge entry and will automatically win. Everyone else will fight for second place.
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Typical Rolex not being bothered to put enough numerals on a field watch... it won’t sell!!