We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The 2020 Watch Mod of the Year Competition

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Re: The 2020 Watch Mod of the Year Competition

Post by Rabirnie »

skylinegtr_34 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:18 pm Not sure when I completed this one but here it is my latest.

Invicta 8926, debranded case, removed crown guards, gave the crown a more Tudor look, BSHT blue dial, flat sapphire, and matching hands.

20190225_212230.jpg
So did you buy a new crown or how did you shape that crown yourself?
skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

Rabirnie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:38 pm
skylinegtr_34 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:18 pm Not sure when I completed this one but here it is my latest.

Invicta 8926, debranded case, removed crown guards, gave the crown a more Tudor look, BSHT blue dial, flat sapphire, and matching hands.

20190225_212230.jpg
So did you buy a new crown or how did you shape that crown yourself?
I put the crown on the chuck of a drill and carefully sanded it down with a precision file to the desired shape. I suggest you to cover the stem with a couple of layers of tape to protect it. Slow speed, just right amount pressure, patience and steady hands are required. Things can escalate quickly and you can find yourself looking for a replacement crown :)
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Great entries everyone! Shows the modding community is an enterprising creative lot who cleverly improve the work of the pro's.

On to the results, but first, Congratulations to all entrants for your creative, skillful and inspirational mods. Thank you for voting.

Out of twelve entries the one garnering the most votes for The 2020 Watch Mod of the Year with 22 votes is.........

The Casio “hydro mod” by Sporkboy. Congratulations!.. amazing mod. (post #15)

In 2nd place with 17 votes is Boctok's “bezel mod” by ManOnTime. Congratulations!... well done. (post # 10)

And in 3rd place with 14 votes is “the build it mod” The Jester by HWA. Congratulations!... a truly great build. (post # 2)

(Sorry, can't insert image, invalid file type. See post #2)
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

PetWatch wrote:Great entries everyone! Shows the modding community is an enterprising creative lot who cleverly improve the work of the pro's.

On to the results, but first, Congratulations to all entrants for your creative, skillful and inspirational mods. Thank you for voting.

Out of twelve entries the one garnering the most votes for The 2020 Watch Mod of the Year with 22 votes is.........

In 2nd place with 17 votes is Boctok's “bezel mod” by ManOnTime. Congratulations!... well done. (post # 10)

And in 3rd place with 14 votes is “the build it mod” The Jester by HWA. Congratulations!... a truly great build. (post # 2)

Awesome! Congrats @Sporkboy !!! Such a great mod.(it's nice knowing my vote counted And also nice when your candidate wins!) And congrats to everyone who participated. It is always fun seeing everybody's own take on their watches. I'm gonna have to step my game up and get back to modding this year!

Also, thanks @PetWatch for hosting this and thanks to @ManOnTime and the crew for making this place so awesome.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Congratulations [mention]Sporkboy[/mention]! A well-deserved win for a labor of brotherly love.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Thank you [mention]PetWatch[/mention] and everyone that voted. It is an honor to have created this year’s MoT mod of the year and I am looking forward to defending the title next year.

I would especially like to thank everyone for sharing your mods. The abilities of members of this forum to visualize how hands, dials and bezels will come together amazes me. While I can do technical things, I can’t for the life of me pick a good handset for some watches.

I would also like to give a shout out to my watch pals on #watch-mods on the MoT Discord server. They are always ready and willing to provide honest feedback and ideas when questions are asked. You guys are the best!

Once again I thank you all and look forward to another year of watch modding.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetWatch wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:28 am Great entries everyone! Shows the modding community is an enterprising creative lot who cleverly improve the work of the pro's.

Congratulations [mention]Sporkboy[/mention]!

A $50 Esslinger gift card will be on the way to you shortly! Hopefully you can put it towards tools or supplies for your future modding activities.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 am
Congratulations @Sporkboy!

A $50 Esslinger gift card will be on the way to you shortly! Hopefully you can put it towards tools or supplies for your future modding activities.
Thank you Matt, I can definitely put that towards something as I seem to always be needing something from Esslinger. Maybe I will finally get the right handset for my MoT 8926 mod this time.

Thank you.
tinpusher
MoT Member

Post by tinpusher »

Congrats [mention]Sporkboy[/mention]
LapYoda

Post by LapYoda »

Congratulations [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] on the great mod!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Congrats, [mention]Sporkboy[/mention]. Hell of a mod!