2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by TheJohnP »

Raketa is taking a page out of the Werenbach playbook by releasing the Space Launcher collection, a 24 Hour watch with a bezel made from a piece of metal from a Soyuz space launcher and a strap from the fabric of a Sokol space suit.

The Raketa Space Launcher is limited to 300 pieces in either a white dial or blue aventurine dial (reminiscent of the sparkling stars in space).

Price for the Space Launcher is:
- White dial: €1,458 without VAT (roughly $1,634) - https://raketa.com/w/en/product/raketa- ... cher-0281/
- Aventurine dial: €1,542 without VAT (roughly $1,728) - https://raketa.com/w/en/product/raketa- ... cher-0282/

This watch is a tribute to the iconic Soyuz space launcher. Its bezel is made from a metal piece of the space launcher "Soyuz-2.1a" which took off on 14 October 2020 and made a record breaking 3 hour flight from the Baikonur launch pad to the ISS!

The cosmonauts Sergey Ryzhikov and Sergey Kud-Sverchkov, who were sent to space by this space launcher, actively participated in the design and production of this watch. They both insisted that the only crucial complication needed in space is a 24-hour movement to enable them to distinguish day from night in the ISS (where they have 16 sunrises and sunsets every 24 hours).

To bring you even closer to the experience of flying in the Soyuz rocket, the cosmonauts also suggested making the strap from the fabric of the famous Russian space suit “Sokol” that is worn by all cosmonauts flying in the Soyuz rocket. This space suit, made from a very robust white nylon canvas with royal blue trim, has all the features necessary to keep the cosmonaut alive at all times during the space flight in the Soyuz.

This watch is officially designed and produced in collaboration with the Russian Space Agency “Roscosmos”. Each watch is delivered with a certificate of Roscosmos certifying the true origin of the rocket metal and the space suit fabric.

The Space Launcher has the following features:
- The bezel is made from a metal piece of the actual "Soyuz-2.1a" launcher that took off on 14 October 2020 and made a record breaking 3 hour flight from the Baikonur launch pad to the ISS! The full name of the space rocket (as well as the cardinal marks) is engraved in Russian on the bezel.
- The strap (with a “quick change” system) is made from the real fabric of the famous Russian "Sokol" space suit that is worn by all cosmonauts/astronauts who fly on the Soyuz rocket.
- The second hand is represented by the Earth revolving around its axis.
- The seconds’ scale (printed on the sapphire glass) emphasises on the countdown to launch (last 10 seconds).
- The movement is beautifully decorated with constellations printed on the bridges of the movement and a special coating on the rotor.
- A few design elements discreetly pay tribute to the first manned space flight by Yuri Gagarin:
- The design of the hour & minute hands replicates the hands on the control panel of Gagarin’s spacecraft.
- On the model with a white dial, the countdown printed on the sapphire glass is followed by the word “Poyekhali!” (Let's go!) that Gagarin
pronounced as he flew off.

Specs:

- Movement: Calibre 2624A
- Case: Stainless steel
- Bezel: Rotating metal piece of the "Soyuz-2.1a" launcher
- Diameter: 43 mm
- Thickness: 13.15 mm
- Lug to lug: 47 mm
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Caseback: Mineral
- Crown: Screw down
- Water resistance: 20 ATM
- Hands: Superluminova
- Dial: Superluminova
- Strap material: Fabric from “Sokol” space suit (with a “quick change” system)
- Extra strap: Leather strap (with a “quick change” system)
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Whoa, that's pretty cool.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tinpusher
MoT Member

Post by tinpusher »

Am I crazy for liking this?

ImageImage

https://us.gear.cdprojektred.com/t-2077 ... watch.html

Looks like grade 2 titanium throughout and decently priced at $499 plus shipping. Hamilton wants obscene money for their digital quartz models so this could be an alternative
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Looks similar to the Bulova Computron but that's not a bad thing.

Click Icon To Contact Me

tinpusher
MoT Member

Post by tinpusher »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:30 pm Looks similar to the Bulova Computron but that's not a bad thing.

I thought the same thing but for whatever reason I never could get on board with the Bulova. It might have been all the polish🤷🏻‍♂️
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

On Friday, December 3rd, Yema will release a new collaboration collection with the French Air & Space Forces.

These will be available NYC 6am - London 11am - Tokyo 8pm

No pricing info yet, but they have an early bird promo code FAF10 for 10% off

The French Air & Space Forces have recently merged, which marks the launch of a new collaboration with YEMA through the release of a new collection of military pilots tool watches.

This new 2022 collection consists of two automatic GMT models proposed as a limited series of 500 exclusive timepieces each, two meca-quartz chronographs with UTC functionality, as well as the very first French Air Force military watch exclusively designed for ladies. All models are available to the French military and the general public.

Click Icon To Contact Me

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Baltic x Revolution. Check the size! :) https://revolutionwatch.com/baltic-bico ... ution.html

"The conversation naturally gravitated to a potential collaboration. Somewhere early on, Malec asked us a very pointed question. He directed the question towards Revolution & The Rake’s founder, Wei Koh, “Wei, what do you think of a chronograph at a 36.5mm case size?” To which Wei replied that he loved this size and that we had just made our collaboration with Chopard L.U.C based on their original watch from 1997, the 1860, which measured — yes, you guessed it — 36.5mm. Further, we are of the mindset that collectors are rapidly going back to classic proportions."
Attachments
1.png
1.png (422.91 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
2.png
2.png (354.52 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
3.png
3.png (35.08 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
praetor

Post by praetor »

love it, but the 250 limited batch (why? whyyy!? hate this BS in the watch community. seriously considering giving up the hobby due to all the limited bs shenanigans) sold out immediately. can't wait to see 200 of them on the secondary for 1500-2000$
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Is it me or is is it weird to have a plain caseback for a limited colab watch? Front looks good though.
Living a comeback montage.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

praetor wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:45 am love it, but the 250 limited batch (why? whyyy!? hate this BS in the watch community. seriously considering giving up the hobby due to all the limited bs shenanigans) sold out immediately. can't wait to see 200 of them on the secondary for 1500-2000$
Same.

Also, can't unsee.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
THFPureAsGold
MoT Member

Post by THFPureAsGold »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:45 am
praetor wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:45 am love it, but the 250 limited batch (why? whyyy!? hate this BS in the watch community. seriously considering giving up the hobby due to all the limited bs shenanigans) sold out immediately. can't wait to see 200 of them on the secondary for 1500-2000$
Same.

Also, can't unsee.

Was this actually "available" for purchase? Or did it become sold out after a few minutes?
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

THFPureAsGold wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:29 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:45 am
Same.

Also, can't unsee.

Was this actually "available" for purchase? Or did it become sold out after a few minutes?
I clicked the link shortly after it was posted on the site, maybe within 5mins, and it was available for sale.
Living a comeback montage.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Sorry if this has been posted and I missed it, but this was news to me. Our friends at Wolbrook have two auto field watches coming. The Douglas Outrider Professional and Outrider Automatic. MSRP for the Professional is $575 on bracelet and $517 on leather. Pre order until Dec. 9 for 10% off and a free strap, or $517 and $466, respectively.
https://wolbrook.com/collections/outrid ... ield-watch
  • Miyota 8315
  • 39.5mm diameter x 48mm lugs to lugs x 14mm thickness
  • 20mm lug width
  • Hesalite crystal with an inside “cyclops” magnifier above the date window
  • Water resistance: 15 ATM / 150m
  • Drilled lugs
  • “Roulette” black and red date disk
  • C7 (green) or BGW9 (white) lume
The Automatic is similar but offers sapphire crystal, the option of old radium lume, and more dial colors, including blue and green.
https://wolbrook.com/collections/outrid ... ield-watch

The Automatic costs $552/$609 depending on whether you want a bracelet and is available for the same 10% off with free strap until Dec. 9.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Maybe a little pricey as of now, but no denying cool factor. Specially if you remember 8 bit.
https://www.brew-watches.com/watches/re ... 4b82315e37
Attachments
Screenshot_20211208-153236.jpg
Screenshot_20211208-153249.jpg
Screenshot_20211208-153314.jpg
Screenshot_20211208-153334.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Vario have released the first of their NAVI Jump Hour watches, with the rest of the collection available early in January.

My only concern is the can of spinach appears to be a small second hand, so the positioning is rather questionable. :shock:

Vario NAVI Jumping Hour Classic Popeye, Deep Water Blue

Price is $398

https://vario.sg/collections/navi-x-pop ... sic-popeye

Launching on 12 Dec 2021 SG Midnight (less than 100 pieces)
Due to the limited quantity produced, each order has a limit of 2 unit per person.
We are currently awaiting for the packaging to arrive so the watches may be dispatched towards end December. Delivery by end Jan if demand is high.

Specifications
- Case diameter: 38mm
- Case thickness: 11mm
- Crystal: flat sapphire crystal with magnifier inner AR applied
- Lug width: 20mm
- Lug to lug: 46mm
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel with solid caseback
- Movement: Seagull Jumping Hour movement ST1721, 21.6kpbh, more than 40 hours power reserve, Accuracy +-45s/day, Non hacking.
- Water resistance: 10 atm
- Strap: Single Pass Cordura with Zulu hardware (260mm)
- Warranty: 1 year global warranty
Click Icon To Contact Me