2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
cel4145
MoT Member

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by cel4145 »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:57 pm
cel4145 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Be proud. You were an enabler today. :lol:

I did not get the Grand Reserve. Got the Lip Watch Himalaya 40mm Automatic 671586 white dial, which appears to be the older model. I could not tell any difference between it and the Grand Reserve in anything I was reading other than the 821A movement. TimeByMe had it for $445, and a 20% discount code, bringing it down to $356 shipped.

I'm hoping it looks as good as the Grand Reserve white dial in this YouTube video, as movements don't matter to me as long as the watch keeps decent time:
That is satisfying. Not going to lie.

I think the only difference is the Grand Reserve uses the Miyota 8315, which has a longer power reserve.
After a little more research,

TimeByMe, where I bought it, has the movement listed as 821A for the Himalaya 671586
https://www.timebyme.com/us/lip-man-wat ... matic.html

Lip's website says 8315 for the 671586
https://www.lip.fr/fr/554-himalaya-40-mm-mecanique.html

Another vendor says the crystal is mineral, not sapphire (unlike the previous 2), with an 8315 movement (model number in the URL)
https://conteenium.com/product/lip-hima ... al-671586/

So who knows what I'll be getting? lol

Maybe Lip decided to create the Grande Reserve model after they had already started putting the 8315 in the 671586. So they could charge a little more for it?
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Haven't seen this one posted yet, but the Borealis Neptuno pre-order is supposed to go live sometime this week. Right now all the models say sold out, but it just hasn't gone on sale yet. 50% deposite of $145 is required when pre-ordering, and the remaining 50% when the preorder ships in July. Total $290. Lots of different colorways available. I like the frosty one.

Main Preorder Page Link:

https://www.borealiswatch.com/store/Bor ... -c72305066

Description:
The Borealis Neptuno 300m Automatic Diver Watch is a vintage inspired diver watch with a modern reinterpretation and manufactured by Borealis Watch Company .

It pays tribute and draws inspiration from Japanese Diver watches developed in the 1960s and 70s of the 20th Century.

It is powered by a Seiko NH35 automatic movement that features 24 jewels, 21'600 vibrations per hour, 3 Hz , hacking seconds and a power reserve of 40 hours. It is a very reliable, sturdy and robust movement with an accuracy of -25 ~ +35 s/ day .

The Borealis Neptuno is an affordable and innovative diver watch featuring lume manufactured by RC Tritec with the strongest mixes available in market : Super Lume BGW9 fine grade .

All watch models of the Borealis Neptuno collection are also complimented by a PVD hardened steel bezel insert, double domed sapphire glass, 316L stainless steel case and a stainless steel bracelet.
Specifications:
  • Case Size: 40.00mm x 47.20mm
    Screwed down crown
    Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
    120 clicks unidirectional bezel with BGW9 lume applied to indexes
    Seiko NH35 Automatic Movement for the Date versions and NH38 Automatic movement for the no date versions
    316L Stainless Steel Case
    Lug Width: 20.00 mm
    Water Resistance: 300 meters
    Case height: 14.10 mm
    20mm bracelet
    Swiss Made Superluminous BGW9 lume applied to dial, watch hands and bezel
    Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
    12 months warranty
Scruffy believes in this forum
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The new Seiko Prospex "MM200" models with the smaller 42mm case and 6R35 movement first posted here now have a new dial color variant coming to the lineup. Below is an image of the green dial reference SBDC133 / SPB207. This one is thought to be available in March. Limited edition of 5000 pieces.

There is also a new limited edition "Marine Master 300" with grey dial and blue bezel. 300 pieces exclusive to Thong Sia. Reference SLA045J1. 44mm with the 8L35 automatic movement.

cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 pm The new Seiko Prospex "MM200" models with the smaller 42mm case and 6R35 movement first posted here now have a new dial color variant coming to the lineup. Below is an image of the green dial reference SBDC133 / SPB207. This one is thought to be available in March. Limited edition of 5000 pieces.

There is also a new limited edition "Marine Master 300" with grey dial and blue bezel. 300 pieces exclusive to Thong Sia. Reference SLA045J1. 44mm with the 8L35 automatic movement.

I really like the new M200 models. I just wish the bezel were slightly smaller, with a slightly bigger dial in contrast.

I realize that the bigger bezel is a plus for diving. But since these watches are more often than not sold for desk diving, and people now dive with dive computers instead of completely relying on their watch, I think it would be OK for their market.
cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

flypanam wrote:Haven't seen this one posted yet, but the Borealis Neptuno pre-order is supposed to go live sometime this week. Right now all the models say sold out, but it just hasn't gone on sale yet. 50% deposite of $145 is required when pre-ordering, and the remaining 50% when the preorder ships in July. Total $290. Lots of different colorways available. I like the frosty one.

Main Preorder Page Link:

Description:
The Borealis Neptuno 300m Automatic Diver Watch is a vintage inspired diver watch with a modern reinterpretation and manufactured by Borealis Watch Company .

It pays tribute and draws inspiration from Japanese Diver watches developed in the 1960s and 70s of the 20th Century.

It is powered by a Seiko NH35 automatic movement that features 24 jewels, 21'600 vibrations per hour, 3 Hz , hacking seconds and a power reserve of 40 hours. It is a very reliable, sturdy and robust movement with an accuracy of -25 ~ +35 s/ day .

The Borealis Neptuno is an affordable and innovative diver watch featuring lume manufactured by RC Tritec with the strongest mixes available in market : Super Lume BGW9 fine grade .

All watch models of the Borealis Neptuno collection are also complimented by a PVD hardened steel bezel insert, double domed sapphire glass, 316L stainless steel case and a stainless steel bracelet.
Specifications:
    Screwed down crown
    Seiko NH35 Automatic Movement for the Date versions and NH38 Automatic movement for the no date versions
    20mm bracelet
    12 months warranty
That red fume looks great. I'm a sucker for sandwich dials too... hmmm...
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

cheesetime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:41 pm
flypanam wrote:Haven't seen this one posted yet, but the Borealis Neptuno pre-order is supposed to go live sometime this week. Right now all the models say sold out, but it just hasn't gone on sale yet. 50% deposite of $145 is required when pre-ordering, and the remaining 50% when the preorder ships in July. Total $290. Lots of different colorways available. I like the frosty one.

Main Preorder Page Link:

Description:

Specifications:
    Screwed down crown
    20mm bracelet
    12 months warranty
That red fume looks great. I'm a sucker for sandwich dials too... hmmm...
Their Facebook said pre-orders should open up this week but so far no dice.. been checking every day.

I have a bronze borealis Santa Cruz with the sandwich dial and let me tell you, borealis makes a great sandwich 🥪

The fact that it's only $145 up front and I have to worry about the other half later ALWAYS gets me with borealis watches lol.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Well, it's finally official after much rumor and tease; the Speedmaster (310.30.42.50.01.0001) has been updated. It has the new Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 3861 inside. Has a new bracelet, applied indices (only on some models), and the dot over 90 is back. They also changed the presentation box to be much smaller and appears that it longer comes with the medallion and loupe. They also raised the prices... surprise surprise. Hesalite now stars at $6,300! Was hoping for the flat link bracelet to return so I could pick one up.

Last edited by Stretch44 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

The omega speedmaster did not have applied indices until 2021?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Good call. I don't think that the logo now is. I'll look at my Speedy when I get home.
praetor

Post by praetor »

the indices still aren't "applied" (only some of the limited editions have applied indices). the sapphire version has the applied Omega logo, though (i don't understand why it's just for the sapphire? and why does the sapphire cost nearly 1000$ more)

anyway, the price hike is quite insane (though most of the changes are more than welcome), as the 7100$ (sapphire sandwich on the bracelet) is dangerously close to the "entry level" vintage 321-powered references (i.e. the watches that actually went to the moon)
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I saw that looking at more pics. So the hesalite doesn't have an applied logo? That it very odd. There was $1,000 difference with the last reference. I was happy about that as I wanted the hesalite anyway.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

Looks like LIW has finally released a field variant of the Islander. Being a discerning field watcher, I feel like this one is kind of a miss. I think the minute/hour hands may be a bit long. The vibe I get is an amalgamation of Bertucci + Seiko SNZ.

Screenshot_20210107-062555~2.png
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:31 pm I saw that looking at more pics. So the hesalite doesn't have an applied logo? That it very odd. There was $1,000 difference with the last reference. I was happy about that as I wanted the hesalite anyway.
You made the correct choice. Hesalite/acrylic is the proper material for tool watch crystals. 8-)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

flypanam wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:18 am Borealis Preorder is live!

Never had a Borealis. Is the consensus that they're worth retail?
I wish that watch were 38mm?