We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: 2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by yinzburgher »

synequano wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:41 am Wow,this thread is surprisingly silent

Noone is posting the recent plati-speedy with brass colored movement and slice of moon on the subdial??
Anyone is welcome to. All it takes is a picture, a link or two, and a few other little details or specs. :D
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 am Serica, a new company based in France, is producing a watch that takes its inspiration from the "Dirty Dozen" military watches of the 1940s. It will be called the W.W.W., after "Wrist Watch Waterproof" a specification for all military watches issued by the British Ministry of Defence at that time. The first 500 watches, referred to as the WMB Edition, will come with the hand-winding ETA 2801-2 movement. They are available for $540 and delivery is planned for September of this year.

SERICA WATCHES WEBSITE

SERICA WATCHES INSTAGRAM

Model: SERICA W.W.W.
Edition: William Brown
Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and hacking mechanism
Material: Stainless Steel 316L
Size: 37.7mm (without the crown), 46.5mm lug to lug
Lug Width: 20mm
Case thickness: 10.85mm
Domed hardened mineral crystal
Crown: Screw-in crown
Case Back: Screw-in stainless steel case back
Dial: Lacquered, Black or White with painted numerals
Markers: Superluminova
Hands: Alpha or Broad Arrow (hours) and Dauphine (minutes)
Caliber: ETA 2801-2 or Sellita SW210-1 manual-winding mechanical movement
Power Reserve: Approximately 42hrs
Water-resistance: 100m / 330ft
Straps: Smooth calfskin US Military type leather strap (Made in France) & Nylon NATO G10
Country of manufacture: Switzerland

GEAR PATROL

BEST WATCH BRANDS HQ

Hodinkee now has a hands-on review along with some great pictures of this on their site.

Hodinkee - Hands-On: The Serica W.W.W. William Brown Edition

synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

yinzburgher wrote:
synequano wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:41 am Wow,this thread is surprisingly silent

Noone is posting the recent plati-speedy with brass colored movement and slice of moon on the subdial??
Anyone is welcome to. All it takes is a picture, a link or two, and a few other little details or specs. :D
https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... liber-321/

Platinum cased though....
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I don't follow the brand closely enough to know if they are going back to this full time, but Stowa has a limited edition Partitio with the old logo:

https://www.stowa.de/en/Partitio+grey+limited.htm?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

synequano wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... liber-321/

Platinum cased though....
Here are some pics, not mine of course.ImageImageImageImage
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

The latest model from Raven, the Solitude is currently in production.
Their goal with this project is to create an outstanding 40mm tool watch at a lower price point than previous Raven models.

Learn more here - https://ravenwatches.com/pages/solitude

solitude3_1180x@2x.jpg
newwatch40_1180x@2x.jpg

SPECS
- 40mm at the bezel.
- 40mm from 12 to 6.
- 42mm from 2 to 8.
- 12mm height.
- 47mm lug to lug.
- 28mm dial.
- 20mm bracelet tapers to 18mm.
- 2.5mm thick double domed sapphire.
- AR coated on the inside.
- 3 rubber gaskets in the crown.
- Screw down crown and case back.
- 300 meter water resistant.
- Superluminova on the dial, hands, and bezel.
- Lumed bezels.
- 4 dial colors, 2 bezel options.
- 8 different configurations.
- Polished raised indices.
- Polished and brushed case and bracelet.
- Polished hands.
- NH35A automatic movement.
- Priced under $500.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm a bit less enthusiastic about microbrands in general lately but I could still imagine picking up a Raven at some point. I've always liked their divers.
Surprised to see them going more affordable with the NH35. I think most if not all of their previous watches have been ETA 2824.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:50 pm I'm a bit less enthusiastic about microbrands in general lately but I could still imagine picking up a Raven at some point. I've always liked their divers.
Surprised to see them going more affordable with the NH35. I think most if not all of their previous watches have been ETA 2824.

I keep reading that Swatch is going to make it harder to get ETA movements, so might be why they're sourcing something more accessible.
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:00 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:50 pm I'm a bit less enthusiastic about microbrands in general lately but I could still imagine picking up a Raven at some point. I've always liked their divers.

I keep reading that Swatch is going to make it harder to get ETA movements, so might be why they're sourcing something more accessible.
Yea, that could have something to do with it. I'm pretty sure that is already a big part of the reason why we're seeing more and more Sellita movements, not just in microbrands but other larger manufacturers too. I think it's an opportunity for other companies like STP and Soprod too but so far Sellita seems to be the only one filling the void when it come to Swiss movements. And I kept hearing that Ronda was working on its first automatic movement but I haven't seen anything about it in a while.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Yea, that could have something to do with it. I'm pretty sure that is already a big part of the reason why we're seeing more and more Sellita movements, not just in microbrands but other larger manufacturers too. I think it's an opportunity for other companies like STP and Soprod too but so far Sellita seems to be the only one filling the void when it come to Swiss movements. And I kept hearing that Ronda was working on its first automatic movement but I haven't seen anything about it in a while.
Long Island is carrying an Aristo using that automatic Ronda

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Aristo_ ... /7h123.htm

Here's an article about it from Aristo (use Google translate) - https://www.aristo-uhren.de/angebote-ra ... duhren.php
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Long Island is carrying an Aristo using that automatic Ronda

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Aristo_ ... /7h123.htm

Here's an article about it from Aristo (use Google translate) - https://www.aristo-uhren.de/angebote-ra ... duhren.php
Well I completely missed that. I guess it's been out for a little while but has not been used very much. While we're here in the new(ish) release thread......some more info. In addition to the Aristo, the Ronda mecano R150 automatic movement has been used in the Ukrainian brand Kleynod, a new Tom Ford, the Shinola Lake Monster, the French microbrand Fugue, and a number of Invictas. Below there are links to all the details of the new caliber on Ronda's site as well as a article with detailed analysis from a watchmaker. It is apparently not a 1:1 clone of the ETA 2824.

Ronda mecano R150 specifications

R150 "Under the Loupe" watchmaker review

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Citizen has released 6 brand new variations of their Promaster automatic diver, a watch best known for its use by the Italian navy. Similar to the previous "Fugu" NY008x limited editions of 2018, these NY009x models are being released to the Asian market and will add a bit more color to the line-up. One notable difference this time is that 5 of the 6 will come on a bracelet. The green S.E.A. model is limited to 1,989 pieces while the other colorways are limited to 2000 pieces. They are available now.

MORE INFORMATION FROM CITIZEN HERE

WRITE-UP ON CROWN WATCH BLOG HERE

Details and Specifications
Case: Brushed stainless steel
Diameter: 42mm
Lug width: 20mm
Lug to lug: 47.5mm
Thickness: 12.5mm
Water resistance: 200m with screw-down crown
Movement: Automatic self-winding
Caliber: Miyota 8203
Power reserve: 40 hours
Crystal: Mineral
Features: Day, date, rotating bezel, luminous hands and indices

⬆ NY0099-81X - $663.40
⬆ NY0090-86E - $599.20
⬆ NY0091-83E - $599.20
⬆ NY0098-84E - $599.20
⬆ NY0096-12L - $497.55
⬆ NY0094-85E - $642.00
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

My own thoughts about the above Promasters. The list price is expensive but it doesn't really matter bc most won't sell for that. Although I think you'll have to pay much more for the green and I doubt it will come down as much in price. Secondly, I really like them and I'm always in favor of more watches, especially Citizen automatic divers. But I feel like they just asked "What would Tudor do?" And then they Black Bayed all of the Promasters. "Let's add a little gilt here. Promaster BB Red, Promaster BB Blue, BB Black of course, Oh we need a green Harrod's edition, maybe a Promaster BB S & G for the two-tone lovers." Nothing wrong with the Black Bay, they are great looking watches. But I think Citizen could have come up with their own thing. I also think something with an upgraded bracelet would have been a welcome addition. But then of course the price would go up as well. If I get a chance to pick up one of these or the new European models that were posted previously in this thread at a good price, I definitely will. But I'm fairly certain I would eventually flip it and just keep my NY0040.

Edit: Also I'm not certain if the above prices are USD or in Singapore's Dollar. However as I mentioned, the MSRP/RRP doesn't matter very much as retailers will sell them for market prices (whatever people are willing to pay).
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote:My own thoughts about the above Promasters. The list price is expensive but it doesn't really matter bc most won't sell for that. Although I think you'll have to pay much more for the green and I doubt it will come down as much in price. Secondly, I really like them and I'm always in favor of more watches, especially Citizen automatic divers. But I feel like they just asked "What would Tudor do?" And then they Black Bayed all of the Promasters. "Let's add a little gilt here. Promaster BB Red, Promaster BB Blue, BB Black of course, Oh we need a green Harrod's edition, maybe a Promaster BB S & G for the two-tone lovers." Nothing wrong with the Black Bay, they are great looking watches. But I think Citizen could have come up with their own thing. I also think something with an upgraded bracelet would have been a welcome addition. But then of course the price would go up as well. If I get a chance to pick up one of these or the new European models that were posted previously in this thread at a good price, I definitely will. But I'm fairly certain I would eventually flip it and just keep my NY0040.

Edit: Also I'm not certain if the above prices are USD or in Singapore's Dollar. However as I mentioned, the MSRP/RRP doesn't matter very much as retailers will sell them for market prices (whatever people are willing to pay).
Agreed, I'm a big Citizen fan but I don't see anything there to excite me. Seems like they are just cashing in on the limited edition band wagon, much easier to give an existing model a paint job, with other minor modifications then to come out with something new, more profitable too.

Some of these Japanese companies have taken note of the Swiss profit margins and starting to test the waters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

yinzburgher wrote:

I’ll take literally anything over a Sellita. A non-hacking Miyota, or even Seiko. Anything.