2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: 2019 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Boourns »

Off Topic
For those interested, you can get a nice vintage Big Zero for around $100. Here is a good guide on things to look for to get an authentic one (there are a lot of franken watches out there): https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/so-you-w ... -big-zero/

If you are patient, you can even find good deals. I got a complete set from some lady on ebay for like $27. The watch had been her dad's. I sold it a few months ago and kind of regret it.

Something useful I found is to search ebay for "Paketa" and then don't let it redirect you to Raketa. I found this is better for finding listings from the average joe, who (1) might not know what they have and (2) is less likely to have modded the watch with random parts to flip it for a profit.

Here was mine:

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
I wish that watch were 38mm?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Nodus released the Retrospect diver in 2018. They just recently followed it up with the Retrospect II, which included some minor changes and new colors. The pre-order starting on 2/15/19 sold out in fairly short order and are being shipped out this month. But according to their website, they will be restocking all color variations this July. Pricing is $400 USD.

LINK TO THE NODUS WEBSITE

NODUS WATCHES ON INSTAGRAM

This second iteration of the Retrospect features a fully-lumed brushed ceramic bezel insert, updated dial design for improved orientation, thinner construction, stronger lume, a premium steel bracelet, and a Barton Bands® Elite Silicone strap.

The Retrospect is designed and assembled in Los Angeles, California.

Case: 316L surgical-grade stainless steel
Dimensions: 40.5mm case width | 12.5mm thickness (13.5mm including crystal) | 49mm lug-to-lug | 22mm lug width | 7mm crown diameter
Crown: Screw-down
Movement: Seiko (SII) NH35A automatic movement | Regulated in four positions
Crystal: Double-dome sapphire crystal | Yellow anti-reflective coating on underside
Bezel: Brushed ceramic insert (fully lumed) | Inward-sloping
Luminescence: Swiss Super-LumiNova® C3
Water Resistance: 200 meters / 660 feet
Bracelet: 22mm-18mm taper | Flip-lock button release clasp with six micro-adjustments
Strap: Barton Bands® Elite Silicone Black (included with both bracelet and leather options)
Weight: 79g (watch head) | 189g (with full bracelet)
Dial: Sunburst finish | Two-layer sandwich construction
Hands: Polished silver hour and minute hands | Brushed IP gold seconds hand
Other: Lumed logo | Drilled-through lugs
Warranty: 24 months
Full Kit: Nodus watch roll | Microfiber cleaning cloth | Warranty and regulation cards

***The reviews below are for the first generation Nodus Retrospect.***

THE TIME BUM

MICROBRAND WATCH WORLD

Last edited by yinzburgher on Sat May 25, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Just got an email from Undone (known for customizable quartz chronos). Their new release looks really nice. It's a tool watch called the Basecamp:

[img]https://www.undone.com/media/preview/21 ... _nato1.png[/img]

$295 gets you:
NH35 movement
Polycarbonate domed crystal
50M water resistant
40mm width
48mm lug-to-lug
And of course customizable case, bezel, etc. A nice touch is that you can get a matching or contrasting date disc.

https://www.undone.com/en/basecamp
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Fossil and Crosley turntables collaboration watches and a turntable.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Watches and turntable are available now. Either link works.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/boutiques/crosley.html
https://www.fossil.com/us/en/boutiques/ ... ition.html

$155 for the men's watch
PRODUCT DETAILS
Collection: Crosley
Movement Type: Quartz
Case Size: 42mm
Strap Material: Leather
Water Resistant: 3 ATM

[img][/img]

Woman's watch is also $155
PRODUCT DETAILS
Collection: Crosley
Movement Type: Quartz
Case Size: 36mm
Strap Material: Leather
Water Resistant: 3 ATM

[img][/img]

Turntable is $90
PRODUCT DETAILS
Measurements: 11.5" D x 14.25" W x 5.75" H
Material: Vinyl
Details: Three-Speed Turntable

[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
sistem_32
MoT Member

Post by sistem_32 »

Boourns wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 am Just got an email from Undone (known for customizable quartz chronos). Their new release looks really nice. It's a tool watch called the Basecamp:

$295 gets you:
NH35 movement
50M water resistant
40mm width
48mm lug-to-lug
And of course customizable case, bezel, etc. A nice touch is that you can get a matching or contrasting date disc.
I'm disappointed in Undone. I think the personalization angle has potential--we all like admiring our names--but their designs are just utterly lacking. In this case, the handset is nearly an exact replica of Rolex's reference 1655 and the bezel is straight from a Fifty Fathoms. As far as I can see, about the only piece of original styling is the champfer helpfully pointed out on their website. In addition to that they almost seem to be using the "vintage inspired" idea as a cost cutting technique, re the plastic, bi-directional, non-ratcheting bezel and plastic crystal. Then the fact that it's an "adventurous tool watch" with only 50 meters of water resistance. It's really a shame, especially when compared to other microbrands in the same price range, like Lorier.

And don't get me started on their brutalized H. Moser chrono.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

sistem_32 wrote:
Boourns wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 am Just got an email from Undone (known for customizable quartz chronos). Their new release looks really nice. It's a tool watch called the Basecamp:

$295 gets you:
NH35 movement
50M water resistant
40mm width
48mm lug-to-lug
I'm disappointed in Undone. I think the personalization angle has potential--we all like admiring our names--but their designs are just utterly lacking. In this case, the handset is nearly an exact replica of Rolex's reference 1655 and the bezel is straight from a Fifty Fathoms. As far as I can see, about the only piece of original styling is the champfer helpfully pointed out on their website. In addition to that they almost seem to be using the "vintage inspired" idea as a cost cutting technique, re the plastic, bi-directional, non-ratcheting bezel and plastic crystal. Then the fact that it's an "adventurous tool watch" with only 50 meters of water resistance. It's really a shame, especially when compared to other microbrands in the same price range, like Lorier.

And don't get me started on their brutalized H. Moser chrono.
Real question:

What are you expecting in a $300 costomizable (main selling point for them) watch?

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I agree that plastic and 50m is a bit weak sauce. But it doesn't much bother me that a $300 watch uses the same hands as a 1970s Rolex. Frankly, if you aren't going to wear derivative designs you're going to have a box full of 1960s and 70s Rolexes.
sistem_32
MoT Member

Post by sistem_32 »

mplsabdullah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:20 pm Real question:

What are you expecting in a $300 customizable (main selling point for them) watch?
Let's break down Undone's customizability. If you want your watch actually customized with initials or a picture they add $20 to the price, which seems quite fair to me. It means, though, that for $300 you don't get that. What you do get is an unusually wide range of case colors and straps to choose from. But does that really equate to customizability? It's certainly not uncommon for big brands to offer multiple colorways and straps with watches; just consider the Submariner. It's available in eight different color schemes. The Fortis Spacematic is available with a black or silver case, either with the choice of a black or white dial. In a more comparable price range, the Seiko SKX is available in five different styles even disregarding the choice between strap and bracelet. Ignoring, for the moment, the choice of straps, the Basecamp is available in eight different skews; the "customizability" they offer is really just a choice between them. Let's say offering those different straps adds a value of $50 to the watch--probably a high estimate. For $250, then, you get your choice of eight color schemes. Well, for $100 less you have your choice between five SKX models with original styling--not a hint of Rolex to be found--plus mineral crystals, aluminum (I think) bezels, and 200 meter water resistance. You might say it's unfair to compare a small brand like Undone to Seiko, and you might be right. But do you think that with that extra $100 of budget Undone really couldn't do any better? They couldn't, for instance, buy a $7 mineral crystal instead of a plastic one? They couldn't spare just a little extra budget to pay a designer to at least attempt to make a somewhat original handset? I think they could.

So to answer your question, I expect at least passable materials--a plastic (non-ratcheting!) bezel won't do--at least 100 meters of water resistance, and at least an attempt at originality.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Longines has come out with an all-black, fully ceramic version of the Hydroconquest dive watch.

LINK TO THE WATCH ON THE LONGINES WEBSITE (Click on the DISCOVER icon)

Reference: L3.784.4.56.9
Case: 43mm diameter - black ceramic (Zirconium Dioxide) case, polished and brushed - sapphire crystal with Anti-reflective coating - unidirectional rotating bezel in ceramic
Water Resistance: 300 meters with screw-down crown
Dial: matte black dial with raised numerals and markers - all indexes and hands filled with Super-LumiNova
Movement: Automatic Caliber L888.3 (ETA A31.L01) - 25,200 vibrations per hour - power reserve 64 hours - 21 jewels - hours, minutes, seconds and date
Strap: textured rubber strap - ceramic security double folding clasp
Price: CHF 3,500
Available July 2019

MONOCHROME

MONOCHROME

WRIST REVIEW

Looks great in my opinion but at 43mm with those super long lugs it won't fit very well for most people.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Sat May 25, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Is this already old news?

I love the tunas.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2019/04/seiko- ... tions.html

@robotazky
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:54 pm Is this already old news?

I love the tunas.

@robotazky
I think so, but no one will object to seeing it again. That red tuna and especially the Gundam spring drive are pure fire emoji.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Deutsche Uhrenfabrik (DuFa) has released a new model, the Weimar Möller edition in honor of one of the early Bauhaus pioneers who was a designer for the company in the 1930’s.

“The Möller edition of the Weimar collection pays tribute to Heinrich Johannes Möller. (1905-1983) As a trained joiner and carpenter, Möller joined the DUFA company as chief designer and developer at their factory in Mühlhausen, Thuringia. When the Kienzle company took over the DUFA factories and business in the 1930’s, Möller focused himself on producing timepieces of good quality, solid workmanship and of course great design. Influenced heavily by the Bauhaus, he received numerous awards for his work which emphasized clear forms, narrow silhouettes, glass dials characterized by objectivity. For Möller clocks were no longer a piece of furniture or time telling instrument, they were in fact small works of art. His work came to influence the entire pre and post war erat of German watch and clock design Today the timeless designs of Heinrich Möller are still sought after and achieve remarkable prices at auction This timepiece from DUFA, the first place of Möller’s career takes inspiration from the clean, art-deco and Bauhaus inspiration of his work.”

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/04/15/Vcbj7d.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/04/15/Vcb7p2.jpg[/img]

https://www.deutsche-uhrenfabrik.de/col ... ition-9026
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:54 pm Is this already old news?

I love the tunas.

@robotazky
They're all new to me. Pretty cool. There were some similar Spring Drive GMTs at Baselworld but I don't think they were limited. It's weird to me seeing Spring Drives that are branded Seiko rather than Grand Seiko.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

At Baselworld, Bulova introduced a whole new line of heritage-inspired automatic watches called the Joseph Bulova Swiss Made Collection. I can't find a great deal of info about them but I've found a few pics and the Hodinkee article has some details and more renders.

BASELWORLD RELEASES ON THE BULOVA WEBSITE

HODINKEE: Introducing The Bulova Joseph Bulova Swiss Made Automatic Collection

The best I can tell there will be 3 case shapes (round, rectangular, tonneau) in the series and a total of 16 different watches. Each will be a limited edition, with only 350 pieces. They will all be 3-handers with a date complication and powered by a Sellita SW200. Hodinkee reports that the round models will come in two sizes, 34mm and 38mm. The watches are expected to be available this fall. The price range is $995 to $1,495.

Last edited by yinzburgher on Sat May 25, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

A very nice new Gruppo Gamma diver.

@robotazky