We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Outgoing! What have you just parted ways with?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
recapt
MoT Member

Outgoing! What have you just parted ways with?

Post by recapt »

Starting this thread at the recommendation of [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] as a place to say a few words about your recently departed watch. Make sure to include a pic!
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Outgoing! What have you just parted ways with?

Post by MoT »

recapt wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 pm Starting this thread at the recommendation of @TheJohnP as a place to say a few words about your recently departed watch. Make sure to include a pic!
Great idea!

Sold this one this week, and I have a few more (included some listed in Bazaar) that I'd like to see go to new homes.

It's a great watch (square G-Shock, of course it's great) and putting the kit on it was fun and I love how it turned out.

I just never, ever wore it and that's a shame.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I just sold the most interesting watch I had in my collection: a 1968 Seiko World Time 6117-6010 with the "Error Bezel" (more on that below). It was love at first sight but after owning it for a couple of years it just wasn't getting any wrist time. It was time to let it go in order to fund the next purchase (still TBD).
IMG_3283.jpg

Why is it called an "Error Bezel"?

Take a look at the interior world time bezel. Notice how London is grouped with Paris & Rome as opposed to being the same as GMT? Although this looks like an error, it was completely intentional due to a 3-year time zone change experiment that the UK ran starting in October 1968. The serial number on this watch identifies it as being manufactured in August 1968, in preparation for the experiment that would begin just 2 months later. I love that this watch is evidence of a very unique slice of world history.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

This. Bummer, because I waited a long time to have it in hand.

Its bezel was misaligned and I was uncomfortable trying to figure out whether I could reposition the insert.

At my expense (per his T&Cs) I shipped it back to Germany for a refund.

He offered to replace it, but if he couldn't get his QC right the first time, I figured, "Why should I roll the dice a second time?"

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I just sold this piece last night. It’s a Citizen PMD56-2952, a full titanium JDM-only model I bought new in late 2019. I really liked it when I wore it (including for the watch fast challenge last year) but it became expendable after I recently picked up a Sinn 856 UTC. Yes, those are completely different watches, but they share a common aesthetic to my eye. So... on it goes!

And here’s the Sinn I picked up...

CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

recapt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:17 am I just sold this piece last night. It’s a Citizen PMD56-2952, a full titanium JDM-only model I bought new in late 2019. I really liked it when I wore it (including for the watch fast challenge last year) but it became expendable after I recently picked up a Sinn 856 UTC. Yes, those are completely different watches, but they share a common aesthetic to my eye. So... on it goes!

I see the common aesthetic as well, . . . . and, if only keeping one, I'd vote for the Sinn as well.
jls36
MoT Member

Post by jls36 »

recapt wrote:I just sold this piece last night. It’s a Citizen PMD56-2952, a full titanium JDM-only model I bought new in late 2019. I really liked it when I wore it (including for the watch fast challenge last year) but it became expendable after I recently picked up a Sinn 856 UTC. Yes, those are completely different watches, but they share a common aesthetic to my eye. So... on it goes!

Lobe em both

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The construction, the fit and especially the lume were all very, very well done. I didn't really care for the wall of text, so I think that's why I didn't really wear it much.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

whoagorgeous,

Looks like you're on the road to a one Rolex collection. Curious to see how things develop long term.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I have the vintage Ball Trainmaster incoming, so it seemed as good a time as any to clear house.

Sold all the accumulated Casios (will definitely be replacing the World Time at some point though)
PXL_20210322_225705052.jpg
And the Timex Q I received in the giveaway here. I felt conflicted about this for some time, as I was really excited and happy to get a chance to wear one and see what it's like in the metal. It just didn't really fit with my wearing habits though, so I decided to move it on. I decided to pass on a little bit of the good deal, and gave some of the profits to this forum in the form of Inner Circle membership renewal, so I think my conscience is at peace. :)
PXL_20210322_232257275.jpg
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

The saga of a great deal that didn’t quite work out has come to an end. I bought this brand new Zodiac GMT from an AD on Reddit WatchExchange for a smoking price, but I just wasn’t comfortable with how it wore on my wrist. As disappointed as I was, I was even more surprised that it took me as long as it did to resell. I did at least wind up breaking even in the end. And now I can focus my attention to other watches, which hasn’t been a problem [emoji6]

This one is currently in transit to its new home in Canada. And the guy is genuinely giddy about it so that feels extra good.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:10 pm
And the guy is genuinely giddy about it so that feels extra good.
That always make me happy. I want my wrist children to go to their new home with lots of TLC.

Recently a guy bought a watch from me for his own birthday and we timed it so that it'd arrive just before the big day (so he could wear it on the day), and it did.