We're Moving!

Click for more info.

BSH "Dora" Watch?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
tinpusher
MoT Member

BSH "Dora" Watch?

Post by tinpusher »

This is a question for @Dub Rubb and any other members that have experience with BSH watches. I have the opportunity to get a 36mm "Dora" Explorer that is apparently made by San Martin. Are these good watches? I can't seem to find a ton of info on it or the group. Can anyone clue me in on how the group operates and if there are issues with QC often?

Thanks.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: BSH "Dora" Watch?

Post by Dub Rubb »

tinpusher wrote:This is a question for [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] and any other members that have experience with BSH watches. I have the opportunity to get a 36mm "Dora" Explorer that is apparently made by San Martin. Are these good watches? I can't seem to find a ton of info on it or the group. Can anyone clue me in on how the group operates and if there are issues with QC often?

Thanks.
Wow. Sorry I am so late to the party pal. The Dora is FANTASTIC. Uses the PT5000 movement which I have found to be very accurate and trouble free. The rehaut is barely visible, the domed crystal is great, the case finishing is easily on par with $1K watches. SM customer service is amazing. Literally have nothing bad to say. But. . .

It wears and is bigger than a 36mm explorer. Wears closer to a slimmer SARB. These are positives in my book. It's honestly a crazy good watch!

What color are you looking at? What's the price?(I know what they sold for).

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

ImageImage
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

And if you do have any QC issues, lemme know. We have somewhat of an inside line with SM. This is probably the 5th or 6th SM run we've done. Zero problems, and even minute WIS details were resolved quickly

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!

tinpusher
MoT Member

Post by tinpusher »

@Dub Rubb thanks for the heads up. It's a black dial and looks to be in decent shape with some desk diving marks on the bracelet. I didn't know they made a white dial, that's pretty awesome. As for price, the guy mentioned around $270 but we never really firmed up anything official. Is that an okay price or can they be had cheaper? Also is there a website for this brotherhood?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

tinpusher wrote:[mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] thanks for the heads up. It's a black dial and looks to be in decent shape with some desk diving marks on the bracelet. I didn't know they made a white dial, that's pretty awesome. As for price, the guy mentioned around $270 but we never really firmed up anything official. Is that an okay price or can they be had cheaper? Also is there a website for this brotherhood?
They made black and Tiffany blue 39s. And black, white, pink, and Tiffany blue 36s. Only the 36s came with signed crown, clasp and caseback. I paid $293 for mine, but I was in early. It's well worth the $270. Hell, it's worth $470 IMO.

Also, who's selling it? We like to keep BSH watches in the hood(which you are an honorary member)

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Also. Cmon. Dora the explorah?!? So good.

sogeha
MoT Member

Post by sogeha »

I was leader on this Brotherhood project. I have several San Martin watches and think they offer excellent value for money
BSH watches are full of meaning and symbolise something far more than watches to those of us in the Brotherhood
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

sogeha wrote:I was leader on this Brotherhood project. I have several San Martin watches and think they offer excellent value for money
BSH watches are full of meaning and symbolise something far more than watches to those of us in the Brotherhood
Truth. As the caseback says.