We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Well I bought another grand seiko... This time the sbgs003 which is the first watch grand seiko came out with when they started up again in 1988. It has a quartz movement similar to the 9F62 where it is thermo compensated and achieves +/-10s per year. Didn't intend on buying it but I saw the listing show up and had to. My favorite part is the bracelet because it's the AP style. It only has a bit of damage on the corner of a bracelet link but I can live with that.
So yeah, didn't think I'd ever own a Grand seiko let alone buy 2 in a month.

Pics from Google:

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Got this white-dial Bertucci A-2S Ventara incoming after finding it in the bargain bin on the Bertucci site. Wasn't planning to buy anything, but for $60 I couldn't help myself. And I really need one to go with the black-dial version I already have...right? Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I ordered a few watches in the run-up to BF/CM and I had to work long hours on both of those days. Note to self - don't work those days next year. So I didn't order all that much. But I do have a few things coming......mostly straps. I ordered some Crazy Horse leather straps from Strap Mill Canada. Thanks to [mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] for recommending them earlier in the year and to [mention]pgcity[/mention] for posting the discount. AisA's photo below of one of the straps I ordered.

And of course I had to order a whole mess of straps from CNS. What I'm most excited about is the elastic single pass straps.

And then on Wednesday while wearing my Vostok (good luck?) I got an email from Meranon that an Amphibia SE that I wanted was back in stock. So I have this little orange chunker, reference 150B04 incoming.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

yinzburgher wrote:I ordered a few watches in the run-up to BF/CM and I had to work long hours on both of those days. Note to self - don't work those days next year. So I didn't order all that much. But I do have a few things coming......mostly straps. I ordered some Crazy Horse leather straps from Strap Mill Canada. Thanks to [mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] for recommending them earlier in the year and to [mention]pgcity[/mention] for posting the discount. AisA's photo below of one of the straps I ordered.

And of course I had to order a whole mess of straps from CNS. What I'm most excited about is the elastic single pass straps.

And then on Wednesday while wearing my Vostok (good luck?) I got an email from Meranon that an Amphibia SE that I wanted was back in stock. So I have this little orange chunker, reference 150B04 incoming.

That vostok looks great. I bought another crazy horse from smc but this time I'm going to try the red one out on my sarb033.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:27 am
yinzburgher wrote:I ordered a few watches in the run-up to BF/CM and I had to work long hours on both of those days. Note to self - don't work those days next year. So I didn't order all that much. But I do have a few things coming......mostly straps. I ordered some Crazy Horse leather straps from Strap Mill Canada. Thanks to @AndroidIsAwesome for recommending them earlier in the year and to @pgcity for posting the discount. AisA's photo below of one of the straps I ordered.

That vostok looks great. I bought another crazy horse from smc but this time I'm going to try the red one out on my sarb033.
Yea, I'm excited for the Vostok. I had totally forgotten that I ever signed up to be notified for it. So it was a pretty cool surprise after being a little bummed out that I missed the Rado deal and the Airman that I really want wasn't in stock or on sale. I had the red and blue CH straps in my cart too but ultimately decided to only go for the caramel and the grey.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Mine says hi
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Completely forgot I ordered this on Cyber Monday. Random post I saw on Instagram from this strap company. Decided to check their site and they had good looking straps and we're running a sale. Purchased one and it arrived today.
The packaging was a nice touch I had to show it off.
20mm Rally Graphite Black leather strap
Can't wait to the it in something!

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Total impulse buy. No one else bid on it. Sold as unused in box. We'll see.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Pretty excited for my Jet.com order to arrive. Its getting here on Monday.
garbage.jpg
Living a comeback montage.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

peskydonut wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 pm Pretty excited for my Jet.com order to arrive. Its getting here on Monday.

garbage.jpg
Good one! Good one! :lol:
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 pm Total impulse buy. No one else bid on it. Sold as unused in box. We'll see.

I can't wait to see your pics of this. What a cool find, with box and all.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

ManOnTime wrote:Total impulse buy. No one else bid on it. Sold as unused in box. We'll see.

Great catch, extra hard to find with a box. I have a collection of electric and electronic Timex and will tell you they are wonderful watches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by PetWatch on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:26 pm
ManOnTime wrote:Total impulse buy. No one else bid on it. Sold as unused in box. We'll see.

Great catch, extra hard to fine with a box. I have a collection of electric and electronic Timex and will tell you they are wonderful watches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've had a few myself, and still have an all stainless quartz controlled one. I've also had electrc/electronics from a few other makes as well. (ESA, Lip, Mathey-Tissot, etc.) I love how unique they are.

This will be the second back-set I've had.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

After being obsessed with this watch for over a month, I now officially have this JDM Citizen Promaster PMD56-2952 inbound from Japan. Full titanium, radio-controlled & Eco-Drive. It only syncs with the Japan towers, but there are free JJY emulator apps that you can apparently use to sync it. We’ll see!

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Vintage dual-crown pillow-cased compressor. Guessing crowns and GMT bezel not original.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr