Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:10 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:01 am The Invicta 1953 posted in the deals thread is on the way. EMAIL15 coupon brought it down to $76.49.

I need another NH35 like I need a hole in the head, but I am liking the vintage styling, the 40mm size, the no date and as the screencap below shows, no "Invicta" branding on the side of the case. That'll make it a lot easier to mod if/when the time comes!

Are mod parts for this model pretty easy to find? I was thinking of getting an 8926 to mod but if the 8926 parts work with this model, I may just get this one.
Zero clue.

Hands/dials should work, as it's NH35. But as for bezels/inserts, your guess is as good as mine.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

A few incoming vintage pieces...

Swatch Irony Dolce Sera Automatic...because I’ve never owned a metal or automatic Swatch:
A1DB9009-F631-4D8C-A894-BB3D27B53C6E.jpeg
753B5485-70B1-4C7B-957F-90FEA3491867.jpeg

Dugena Monza automatic:
4A1DD6F8-76A5-4AFA-8FBA-0C304A5E72AF.jpeg
6423FE3A-6B7C-4039-A5CA-5C06542D389F.jpeg

Kienzle automatic:
B472DCB7-739F-4DE9-982A-7EA695E545F1.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:01 am The Invicta 1953 posted in the deals thread is on the way. EMAIL15 coupon brought it down to $76.49.

I need another NH35 like I need a hole in the head, but I am liking the vintage styling, the 40mm size, the no date and as the screencap below shows, no "Invicta" branding on the side of the case. That'll make it a lot easier to mod if/when the time comes!

Are mod parts for this model pretty easy to find? I was thinking of getting an 8926 to mod but if the 8926 parts work with this model, I may just get this one.
Hands are compatible with any Seiko mod parts.
Bezel insert is questionable, but looks to be around ~38mm outer so good chance you can source something.
Bezel itself is probably not. Crystal will probably be generic (30-32mm). Can't comment on things like caseback and gaskets.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

ManOnTime wrote:The Invicta 1953 posted in the deals thread is on the way. EMAIL15 coupon brought it down to $76.49.

I’m a little disappointed that they don’t ship international and that I can’t seem to register any forwarding US address on shopHQ.

If you happen not to like it when you receive it, please let me know. I’ll gladly take it off your hands. [emoji51]
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

ManOnTime wrote:

Zero clue.

Hands/dials should work, as it's NH35. But as for bezels/inserts, your guess is as good as mine.
Confirmed on the other site that this dial is around 33mm compared to the 8936 and most Seiko sized dials at 28.5 mm
So dial swaps won't be a thing. Sad face

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Bbrou33 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:43 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Zero clue.

Confirmed on the other site that this dial is around 33mm compared to the 8936 and most Seiko sized dials at 28.5 mm
So dial swaps won't be a thing. Sad face

There are 33mm dials out there, but they are mostly for ETA 28x or Miyota 82x movements. Would necessitate feet clipping and dial dots. Not too big of a deal for a lot of modders.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

Just picked up this SNJ025 Arnie on sale. I've been wanting to try it and the price was right.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Sporkboy »

I have a tap 11 stem extender so that I can finally put this titanium case to good use. I was able to replace the crystal without a problem (my first), but the darned stem was too short and I only had tap 10 and tap 12 extenders.

Also new crystals for a couple of watches and a handset so that I can hopefully ‘complete’ my MoT 8926 mod, at least until I decide to do some case grinding.

Edit: ...and a Ronda 715 so that I can transfer the date wheel from the original movement of a Victorinox quartz that I got on eBay for $10 shipped. Should clean up nicely, but it is short a lume pip. I may need to give it a fresh dial, but the case is nice and it has a decent bracelet with solid end links and a divers extension for some reason.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Glycine Combat Sub GL0185 on the way from Ashford. I blame [mention]cortman[/mention]! See his review of the watch linked below on the Two Broke Watch Snobs site. Well done dude! BNIB for $296 plus tax minus CB was too good to resist for me. Occasionally you see this model without drilled lugs and I'm worried that's what I'll get so I sent an email to Ashford asking for drilled lugs if possible lol. 🤞 I'm also considering writing to Glycine to see if they have any stainless steel bezel inserts like they used to have on an old model or two. Would love to switch out the insert if possible. On the topic of divers, Discount Shop has some decent prices on turtles right now. The SRP777 for $208 has sold out but you can still get a SRP775 for $227 if anyone is interested.

Glycine Combat Sub Review

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

[mention]cortman[/mention], I am going to create a watch review subsection here. I invite you to re-post that review here if you'd like.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:12 pm Glycine Combat Sub GL0185 on the way from Ashford. I blame @cortman! See his review of the watch linked below on the Two Broke Watch Snobs site. Well done dude! BNIB for $296 plus tax minus CB was too good to resist for me. Occasionally you see this model without drilled lugs and I'm worried that's what I'll get so I sent an email to Ashford asking for drilled lugs if possible lol. 🤞 I'm also considering writing to Glycine to see if they have any stainless steel bezel inserts like they used to have on an old model or two. Would love to switch out the insert if possible. On the topic of divers, Discount Shop has some decent prices on turtles right now. The SRP777 for $208 has sold out but you can still get a SRP775 for $227 if anyone is interested.

You're too kind Yinz! Super excited you got a Combat Sub- will be eager to hear your thoughts. It's still one of the best dive watches I've ever worn. Wore it today in fact. :)
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:07 pm @cortman, I am going to create a watch review subsection here. I invite you to re-post that review here if you'd like.
Awesome Matt, thank you! I thought about posting the link somewhere here but wasn't sure where would be appropriate.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

yinzburgher wrote:Glycine Combat Sub GL0185 on the way from Ashford. I blame [mention]cortman[/mention]! See his review of the watch linked below on the Two Broke Watch Snobs site. Well done dude! BNIB for $296 plus tax minus CB was too good to resist for me. Occasionally you see this model without drilled lugs and I'm worried that's what I'll get so I sent an email to Ashford asking for drilled lugs if possible lol. [emoji1696] I'm also considering writing to Glycine to see if they have any stainless steel bezel inserts like they used to have on an old model or two. Would love to switch out the insert if possible. On the topic of divers, Discount Shop has some decent prices on turtles right now. The SRP777 for $208 has sold out but you can still get a SRP775 for $227 if anyone is interested.

Because of this post I went on discount shop to buy the SRP775. Had considered this one for a while. It was in my cart and I pressed check out.... But then..... Decided while I was there to see if they had the SRPC23 since it's been #1 on my list for a while and I've been waiting to find one under 300 on the bay or somewhere else.
Wouldn't you know there was 1 on discount shop for $275! So I have an SRPC23J1 incoming [emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357]

It'll be my first turtle and I plan to wear the crap out of it!
(Pic from the Google)

Insta me: bbrou33
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Bbrou33 wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:Glycine Combat Sub GL0185 on the way from Ashford. I blame [mention]cortman[/mention]! See his review of the watch linked below on the Two Broke Watch Snobs site. Well done dude! BNIB for $296 plus tax minus CB was too good to resist for me. Occasionally you see this model without drilled lugs and I'm worried that's what I'll get so I sent an email to Ashford asking for drilled lugs if possible lol. [emoji1696] I'm also considering writing to Glycine to see if they have any stainless steel bezel inserts like they used to have on an old model or two. Would love to switch out the insert if possible. On the topic of divers, Discount Shop has some decent prices on turtles right now. The SRP777 for $208 has sold out but you can still get a SRP775 for $227 if anyone is interested.

Because of this post I went on discount shop to buy the SRP775. Had considered this one for a while. It was in my cart and I pressed check out.... But then..... Decided while I was there to see if they had the SRPC23 since it's been #1 on my list for a while and I've been waiting to find one under 300 on the bay or somewhere else.
Wouldn't you know there was 1 on discount shop for $275! So I have an SRPC23J1 incoming [emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357]

(Pic from the Google)

I’ve got the K version incoming from WatchSpree. You got the better deal, but $250ish for me was a solid deal on a Watch I’ve been lusting after for a bit. Had one in hand from Starbuy from Thanksgiving but it was pretty beat up when it arrived. Hoping this one will be a keeper!-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

Bbrou33 wrote:

(Pic from the Google)

Congrats......This is the best one of all the Turtles imo. Absolutely love mine, and I also got it from Discountshop a year ago.