As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Rainshadow
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Rainshadow »

Stretch44 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 pm
Split-Time wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 pm
Rainshadow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 am I've been without a yellow for too long.... Seller on the Bay accepted my offer, € 55.

Is it wrong that I want one with a black bezel now? Wearing my yellow bezel today. Such a fun watch but that black bezel is the business!
Nope, I had the same thoughts. Might look to see if I can find a black bezel somewhere.
FYI the model is Komandirskie 650855...
“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Another vintage Anker...
5CB82C2B-12B7-4295-8452-C9223BD49EF3.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

:D

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:46 pm :D

Another GS?!?!?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:47 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:46 pm :D

Another GS?!?!?
The sbgf021 I bought a week back, just shipped from Japan yesterday :)
So I shall have 3 different quartz GS models now, with 3 different GS quartz movements.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Stretch44 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 pm
Split-Time wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 pm
Rainshadow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 am I've been without a yellow for too long.... Seller on the Bay accepted my offer, € 55.

Is it wrong that I want one with a black bezel now? Wearing my yellow bezel today. Such a fun watch but that black bezel is the business!
Nope, I had the same thoughts. Might look to see if I can find a black bezel somewhere.
Think I found your black bezel.
http://chistopolcity.com/spare-watch-pa ... 11306.html
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

After the last bit of my bergeon broke, I bought these....some of the best quality watch screwdrivers I have owned.
7FF1AF30-5D1C-40AF-90C8-E0603C5EBA9E.jpeg

Put them to use today doing a transplant. Had bought a watch with a good dial and movement in a case with cracked crystal, but the seller accidentally sent me one from another listing that had a pristine crystal and dial missing the 9 o’clock index. Offered $15 to buy the other. Swapping the cases, I now have one watch in great condition + a full set of spare parts.
39921754-23E1-40C8-9404-A7DC4F7AFE83.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Alright I've just made the largest watch purchase of my entire career, by a factor of around 3x. Currently awaiting my really one and only grail watch: The 38mm Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph. Pic borrowed from someone else.
cosm.jpg
cosm.jpg (48.59 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
This is going to require a very large collection purge to finance, so stay tuned in the Bazaar!
Last edited by cortman on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

cortman wrote:Alright I've just made the largest watch purchase of my entire career, by a factor of around 3x. Currently awaiting my really one and only grail watch: The 38mm Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph.
cosm.jpg
This is going to require a very large collection purge to finance, so stay tuned in the Bazaar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am I can't stop buying Timex watches. And now handwinding Marlins just keep getting cheaper directly from Timex and I really don't need one (and yet I'm having trouble resisting).
Aaaaand........here we are again. Now the Marlin on mesh (TW2T18500ZV) is down to just 80 bones with a promo code. Pre-owned ones on ebay are selling for at least that much, so I caved as I should be able to get my money back if I choose to sell it in short order. Typically I don't buy anything under 36mm but I'm going to give this one another shot. I had one of these back when they were scarce and sold it unworn (OK, I tried it on once) for a profit. It looked small on my wrist but I imagine I could get used to the size after a few hours. Or another possibility is I gift this one to my mom. Either way another Timex incoming. :?

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

cortman wrote:Alright I've just made the largest watch purchase of my entire career, by a factor of around 3x. Currently awaiting my really one and only grail watch: The 38mm Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph. Pic borrowed from someone else.
cosm.jpg
Such a beautiful watch! I've always wanted a Fortis

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

A big h/t to the MoT forum for this one. From [mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] suggestion long ago to sell the stuff we don't want to buy the watches we do want, to the field watch challenge that taught me how much great stuff there is on eBay (and how to find it), to today's watch fast challenge where I decided my small Pulsar 7T62 chrono is really perfect for me except for bad lume.

Used 40mm Seiko alarm chrono incoming (the chrono seconds hand can be set to center with its micro-adjustment feature):
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (18.43 KiB) Viewed 4411 times
recapt
MoT Member

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by recapt »

cortman wrote:Alright I've just made the largest watch purchase of my entire career, by a factor of around 3x. Currently awaiting my really one and only grail watch: The 38mm Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph. Pic borrowed from someone else.
cosm.jpg
Oh man, congrats! I fall in love with that watch every time I see one. It will be interesting to see how long it takes until you have your next grail in mind.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

recapt wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:09 am

cosm.jpg

Oh man, congrats! I fall in love with that watch every time I see one. It will be interesting to see how long it takes until you have your next grail in mind.
Thanks! I've never owned a real pilot watch before so it's new ground for me in that regard as well.
I'm not really a grail person; I honestly never thought I'd get this one until I realized I could sell off some of the collection and actually afford it. I mean I'd love to have a Submariner, but I know for a fact that unless my socioeconomic circumstances change very drastically that will never happen; and honestly I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable with that much cash on my wrist anyway.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Trying my first modern Glycine.
F6292366-B523-4F1D-96E8-BA7BCB1EF150.jpeg
F6292366-B523-4F1D-96E8-BA7BCB1EF150.jpeg (184.6 KiB) Viewed 4374 times
Click Icon To Contact Me