We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Split-Time »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:05 pm Amazon Warehouse had a Casio Duro "Marlin" MDV106 for just $19, so I have that on the way. I've actually never owned one before. Also incoming is a new battery for my Ironman Endure Shock....wore it the other day and the Indiglo wasn't working......next day.....DED. And for the moment I'm abstaining from that Skagen Fisk with the black case and blue strap. Gonna sleep on it and maybe everybody here will buy them before I get around to it. How much better is it to be addicted to buying cheap watches versus expensive ones? Or compared to other products that you just don't really need?

I don't know how I don't have one of those yet. $19? No brainer! As for being addicted to buying watches, I really shouldn't be talking right now but I take as much (sometimes more) pleasure in inexpensive watches. My family really doesn't have any other consumer vices. We like our tech but we hold on to it for longer than normal. We would rather spend money on travel and making memories...and I haven't really thought about it, but maybe that lack of travel has been feeding my watch habit.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Jomashop has shipped my Milus Snow Star Heritage HKIT001 limited edition that is on sale this week for $700. Apparently, it is this version of the watch with a wood case and cufflinks

https://www.jomashop.com/milus-snow-sta ... it001.html

There is another version (newer?) that has a printed logo at the top, and snow star and automatic printed in the bottom half of the dial.

I like the HKIT001 better with the cleaner looking dial, without the red lettering on the dial, and the black lettering on the date wheel. I hope this doesn't turn into a Jomashop screw up and I get the other version. :fingers crossed:
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

cel4145 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:20 pm Jomashop has shipped my Milus Snow Star Heritage HKIT001 that is on sale this week for $700. Apparently, it is this version of the watch with a wood case and cufflinks

There is another version (newer?) that has a printed logo at the top, and snow star and automatic printed in the bottom half of the dial.

I like the HKIT001 better with the cleaner looking dial, without the red lettering on the dial, and the black lettering on the date wheel. I hope this doesn't turn into a Jomashop screw up and I get the other version. :fingers crossed:
We are in the same boat. I placed my order after watching a couple of videos and looking at a couple of reviews and had the exact same though, "I hope they aren't sending the thing with the red text on the dial!" Oddly, I'm not a fan of cyclopes but for some reason prefer it on the model that you and I hope we are getting. Maybe it is because that is what I have been looking at.

Good luck!
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:25 pm
cel4145 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:20 pm Jomashop has shipped my Milus Snow Star Heritage HKIT001 that is on sale this week for $700. Apparently, it is this version of the watch with a wood case and cufflinks

We are in the same boat. I placed my order after watching a couple of videos and looking at a couple of reviews and had the exact same though, "I hope they aren't sending the thing with the red text on the dial!" Oddly, I'm not a fan of cyclopes but for some reason prefer it on the model that you and I hope we are getting. Maybe it is because that is what I have been looking at.

Good luck!
Yeah. Not a fan of a cyclops myself. Those are supposedly easy enough to take off. Probably won't last long on my wrist :lol:
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

WatchRecon has been killing me lately. Had to jump on another one that suddenly popped up at a great price. This time it’s the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 blue dial. I must admit that some of the pics from [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] put me over the top on this one.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:48 pm WatchRecon has been killing me lately. Had to jump on another one that suddenly popped up at a great price. This time it’s the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 blue dial. I must admit that some of the pics from @yinzburgher put me over the top on this one.

Nice! [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] is terrible that way! ;)
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pdsf wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:30 pm
recapt wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:48 pm WatchRecon has been killing me lately. Had to jump on another one that suddenly popped up at a great price. This time it’s the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 blue dial. I must admit that some of the pics from @yinzburgher put me over the top on this one.

Nice! @yinzburgher is terrible that way! ;)
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:30 am Seiko Prospex SRPC93 Save the Ocean Samurai from Greentoe. The price is on the low side so I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Any updates on this STO Samurai? Curious to hear if Greentoe worked out for you.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

This just arrived today from [mention]kinglee[/mention]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BostonCharlie wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:30 am Seiko Prospex SRPC93 Save the Ocean Samurai from Greentoe. The price is on the low side so I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Any updates on this STO Samurai? Curious to hear if Greentoe worked out for you.
Fingers still crossed. Greentoe is a middle man or dropshipper of sorts. It looks like the retailer this is supposed to be coming from is Electronic Express out of Nashville, TN. They don't have the best reviews. FedEx is showing that my package was picked up and arrived at their facility in MOUNT JULIET, TN on 12/9. But no update since then. The combination of Greentoe, Electronic Express, and FedEx does not sound like a recipe for top-notch customer satisfaction lol. But I'm willing to wait a while to see what happens. Payment was through PayPal. [mention]valuewatchguy[/mention] did report a successful watch purchase through Greentoe.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Fingers still crossed. Greentoe is a middle man or dropshipper of sorts. It looks like the retailer this is supposed to be coming from is Electronic Express out of Nashville, TN. They don't have the best reviews. FedEx is showing that my package was picked up and arrived at their facility in MOUNT JULIET, TN on 12/9. But no update since then. The combination of Greentoe, Electronic Express, and FedEx does not sound like a recipe for top-notch customer satisfaction lol. But I'm willing to wait a while to see what happens. Payment was through PayPal. @valuewatchguy did report a successful watch purchase through Greentoe.
The SRPC93 Samurai ordered through Greentoe arrived yesterday. Fulfilled by Electronic Express. I think the lack of updates was just a case of FedEx being FedEx. A cool dial and a nice deal at $168.

https://www.greentoe.com/product/Seiko_ ... 01q8tRqQAI

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

yinzburgher wrote:

Fingers still crossed. Greentoe is a middle man or dropshipper of sorts. It looks like the retailer this is supposed to be coming from is Electronic Express out of Nashville, TN. They don't have the best reviews. FedEx is showing that my package was picked up and arrived at their facility in MOUNT JULIET, TN on 12/9. But no update since then. The combination of Greentoe, Electronic Express, and FedEx does not sound like a recipe for top-notch customer satisfaction lol. But I'm willing to wait a while to see what happens. Payment was through PayPal. @valuewatchguy did report a successful watch purchase through Greentoe.
The SRPC93 Samurai ordered through Greentoe arrived yesterday. Fulfilled by Electronic Express. I think the lack of updates was just a case of FedEx being FedEx. A cool dial and a nice deal at $168.

That’s a smoking deal on a great watch.... Congrats!
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:11 am

Verrry interesting. I foresee a Greentoe thread where ppl can discuss accepted/rejected bids and delivery experiences. I like their selection, too. The Arnie pictured here was "back-ordered," but their pepsi colorway was not. A small sample:
greentoe.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

👀
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:32 pm Image

👀
:shock: :shock: :shock: