We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
atdegs
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by atdegs »

Robotaz wrote:
atdegs wrote:
Robotaz wrote: @robotazky
I bought one of these because I love the design. Then I sold it because it was too big for me. Then I bought another one because I convinced myself I could pull it off. Then I sold it again. Good thing I bought them both used. Awesome watch. Awesome watch.
I bought it for cheap from discountshop and if I love it I’ll sell a couple to fund it. I need to start selling soon, but I have so many keepers I really can’t think of any to let go of.

@robotazky
I’m sure somebody here could help you offload something :)
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Thanks to a Kohl's 40% off coupon from Halaku I was able to get a GWM5610 for about $67. Not bad, I think.

It'll be my first G-Shock. Any tips on available adapters to run aftermarket straps?

[img][/img]
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
sistem_32
MoT Member

Post by sistem_32 »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 pm Thanks to a Kohl's 40% off coupon from Halaku I was able to get a GWM5610 for about $67. Not bad, I think.

It'll be my first G-Shock. Any tips on available adapters to run aftermarket straps?
I've heard that JaysAndKays adapters are good, though I can't personally vouch for them.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jaysandkays/m. ... pg=&_from=
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 pm Thanks to a Kohl's 40% off coupon from Halaku I was able to get a GWM5610 for about $67. Not bad, I think.

I had a square with stock zulu adapters for awhile but soon returned it. The adapters took a 24mm strap (IIRC) and the stock zulu with its rings just looked out of proportion to the square. I tried a traditional nato on this watch but the piece that ran behind the adapters caused the watch body to stand off my wrist when I tightened it. I could have modded the nato, but the 24mm was still bothering me so I returned it.

The typical JaysAndKays adapters are for a 24mm zulu strap. I haven't tried them because I'm afraid it would be like my experience above (and they aren't friendly about returns). They used to make similar adapters specifically for the square that were for 22mm straps and also had lug holes that could take an off the shelf two-piece strap (as well as a single piece -- brilliant!). They called these "convertibles." This video of theirs shows it off:

I contacted them via Etsy and they said they were working on getting a new batch of these square-compatible convertibles. Meanwhile they said to check this out:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/620108316/ ... r-16mm-lug

It looks versatile, but I'm reluctant to pay that price -- I'm just cheap, I guess. Maybe a deal will pop up sometime. Or maybe they'll actually get some of their convertibles back in stock.

So far this is what I've done to expand my G-Shock strap options: modding a leather strap.
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

[img][/img]
Since it is your first G-Shock, you might want to try wearing it some with the stock strap before thinking of a new one--just for the experience of it. :)
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BostonCharlie wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:01 amI'm just cheap, I guess.
Me too. :mrgreen: Ideally I'd like a solution that would allow me to use two-piece straps.
cel4145 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:35 am

[img][/img]
Since it is your first G-Shock, you might want to try wearing it some with the stock strap before thinking of a new one--just for the experience of it. :)
I have a few non-G-Shock Casio's with resin straps. They don't irritate me as much as other synthetic bands do, but it's still a concern. I wonder if gluing fabric or similar on the inside of the strap would help.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

atdegs wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:46 pm
Robotaz wrote:
atdegs wrote:
I bought one of these because I love the design. Then I sold it because it was too big for me. Then I bought another one because I convinced myself I could pull it off. Then I sold it again. Good thing I bought them both used. Awesome watch. Awesome watch.
I bought it for cheap from discountshop and if I love it I’ll sell a couple to fund it. I need to start selling soon, but I have so many keepers I really can’t think of any to let go of.

@robotazky
I think I'm going to sell my new Bulova Devil Diver. I actually really like it, but it's just not getting wrist time.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

Robotaz wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:53 pm
atdegs wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:46 pm
Robotaz wrote:

@robotazky
I think I'm going to sell my new Bulova Devil Diver. I actually really like it, but it's just not getting wrist time.
I felt the same way about my old Bulova Devil Diver. Very cool watches, but not the best fit in my small collection. I think my vintage Hamilton Pan Europ is headed the same way.

[img][/img]
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Received this in the mail yesterday and really excited about it! Been wanting a Squale 1521 for a while now
52341878_364456447725943_8023721150628495360_n.jpg
Insta me: bbrou33
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

My Tudor Ranger deal from DiscountShop fell through. It arrived and is clearly not in new condition. It also has a warranty card dated 2018 out of Norway. Scratches, minor ones, on the case. Very disappointed, but happy that my slush fund is in a lot better shape than it was.

I don't know the story on DiscountShop, but it appears they get some display models at times. The Seiko I bought there was mint.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:27 am My Tudor Ranger deal from DiscountShop fell through. It arrived and is clearly not in new condition. It also has a warranty card dated 2018 out of Norway. Scratches, minor ones, on the case. Very disappointed, but happy that my slush fund is in a lot better shape than it was.

I don't know the story on DiscountShop, but it appears they get some display models at times. The Seiko I bought there was mint.
Good background info for the future.
Haven't seen anything yet that has caught my eye, but this will likely be in the back of my mind if I see a stellar deal.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Just got this Barton blue canvas strap as part of Barton's BOGO deal to go with my Sharkey Trident
PSX_20190220_200200.jpg
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I have been eyeing this one and finally got in while the gettin’ is good.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... 9bfc77.jpg[/IMG]

@robotazky
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:42 pm I have been eyeing this one and finally got in while the gettin’ is good.

@robotazky
Really great looking watch!

I have some Blushark straps on their way inbound. I also just received my ceramic skx007 bezel insert that I will be hopefully installing this weekend
IOW_04_460x.jpg
Insta me: bbrou33
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Robotaz wrote:I have been eyeing this one and finally got in while the gettin’ is good.

@robotazky
Well since my Ranger deal didn’t work out, I went ahead and got the bronze blue dial Peacemaker. From buying the AV-16 I got $50 off the preorder price on the PN-18 bronze. Got a good deal.

Both watches I bought are sold out. They all look sold out.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... 7215fb.jpg[/IMG]

@robotazky