As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Split-Time »

recapt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:18 pm Had to fill the GMT-sized hole I was left with after selling my Lorier Hyperion. Let’s see if this Farer Charlton is up to the task.

Whoa! Nice! Way to jump back in there :o! It will be interesting to see how you compare and contrast the two.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Split-Time wrote:
recapt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:18 pm Had to fill the GMT-sized hole I was left with after selling my Lorier Hyperion. Let’s see if this Farer Charlton is up to the task.

Whoa! Nice! Way to jump back in there :o! It will be interesting to see how you compare and contrast the two.
Yeah, thanks! Someone on Reddit was letting it go for a good price (which I was able to negotiate down [emoji6]) so I jumped on it. I’ll share some thoughts and pics once it arrives next week.
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

Such a fun watch. I really like Farer's use of colour and their overall design language. I just haven't figured out when I'd wear one - sadly, my day-to-day is pretty conservative - but, as soon as I do, I think I'll pick one up. Yours looks great and looking forward to seeing more pics!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

recapt
MoT Member

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by recapt »

baldrick wrote:Such a fun watch. I really like Farer's use of colour and their overall design language. I just haven't figured out when I'd wear one - sadly, my day-to-day is pretty conservative - but, as soon as I do, I think I'll pick one up. Yours looks great and looking forward to seeing more pics!

Thanks! This will be my first experience with the brand. Aside from the colors and overall aesthetic, I’m also excited about the compact lug-to-lug of only 44mm. That should wear well on my small wrists.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:33 pm Lost my Seiko Crown auction on ebay. So I was going to make my way here to post my incoming Seiko Presage open heart and some cheap Ritche straps that I never posted from yesterday morning. Then I see Duty Free Island updated their site with all of the new Citizen C7s! I've been holding out for a while waiting for DFI to list them. I had planned all along to buy the NH8393-05A gold on leather, but when I saw the great prices I had to go for the NH8390-71L blue dial on bracelet as well. Guess who's freakin' excited?!!

Those are so cool. I really like the blue and red ones. Congrats to all who jumped in
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:30 am
baldrick wrote:Such a fun watch. I really like Farer's use of colour and their overall design language. I just haven't figured out when I'd wear one - sadly, my day-to-day is pretty conservative - but, as soon as I do, I think I'll pick one up. Yours looks great and looking forward to seeing more pics!

Thanks! This will be my first experience with the brand. Aside from the colors and overall aesthetic, I’m also excited about the compact lug-to-lug of only 44mm. That should wear well on my small wrists.
I concur - I appreciate Farer's tendency to have shorter L2L relative to other brands.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Reinstalled the eBay app again. Casually checked auctions a couple of times and found a digital lot that I snagged for $21.50.

A Timex, Casio and a Junghans. The Junghans is the prize. A vintage stainless steel digital with screw down caseback for $21.50 isn’t too shabby. It will need cleaning up, but Should make a nice addition. The bracelet is incomplete, but so am sure I have something that will work.
EE0FF125-FECE-4255-B149-7BCDD6E5269F.png
15AC990A-879B-4DE0-A191-EA1D8CF73FE3.jpeg
15AC990A-879B-4DE0-A191-EA1D8CF73FE3.jpeg (90.41 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
7601B81A-4229-4599-A7DA-09A2547695C4.png
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:49 pm Image

If it has what I think it has, historic movement in that one.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Look familiar [mention]Stretch44[/mention]? :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

That's a great looking watch, watch buddy.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:49 pm Image

If it has what I think it has, historic movement in that one.
Yep, should be a 1377...though not sure which revision. Seller claims it functions fully. Looking forward to seeing what is inside and polishing that crystal.

http://www.crazywatches.pl/ronda-32768h ... uartz-1973
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

Made a lowballish offer that was surprisingly accepted. I have dug the vintage Nivada Antarctics for a bit. As I got into them, I found the early ones like this are increasingly more expensive, and a LOT harder to find in SS vs gold-filled. Seemingly moreso since the reboot\reissue of the Nivada Grenchen brand.
KIMG0457.jpg
KIMG0457.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
I have owned this exact watch in gold-filled(same case, hands, dial, etc.). But I sold it in a charity auction because as a gold watch it was not getting worn.
Screenshot_20210425-152231.jpg
Screenshot_20210425-152231.jpg (39.78 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
I have not seen this case nor this dial\marker set without the Antarctic branding. Except for the gold one I mentioned I sold. At the time, THAT was the only non-Antarctic variant I had seen.

Now I've seen 2.

I don't want to call this a "grail" piece, but... I've been chasing this case\case material\dial combo for a minute...

Edit:tapatalk switched photo order. I had the gold. And will be getting the stainless.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

A combination of the Accutron talk in Discord and thinking of the Fortis Spacematic Classic lead this this heading my way.
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.52.11 AM.png