Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:23 pm I couldn't resist. $317 with the AUD trick. I have a problem.
You're welcome. :mrgreen:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

kinglee wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:09 am A couple of better pics than I posted in the WRUW thread.

I’m glad I got the 40mm version. I find 40mm divers to small because the bezel takes up so much area. 43mm version of this would be too big for my 7” wrist. No regrets, it’s a beautiful watch. I want to wear it all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that actually lume instead of tritium tubes??? I am very intrigued now...
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:17 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:23 pm I couldn't resist. $317 with the AUD trick. I have a problem.
You're welcome. :mrgreen:
For those not on discord... [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] is an enabler!
kinglee
MoT Member

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by kinglee »

cortman wrote:
kinglee wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:09 am A couple of better pics than I posted in the WRUW thread.

I’m glad I got the 40mm version. I find 40mm divers to small because the bezel takes up so much area. 43mm version of this would be too big for my 7” wrist. No regrets, it’s a beautiful watch. I want to wear it all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that actually lume instead of tritium tubes??? I am very intrigued now...
Tritium.
Check YouTube for reviews. Marvelight engineer M model. M is the new model with in house movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is easier to forgive than to dispose of a body!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I can't stop buying Timex watches. And now handwinding Marlins just keep getting cheaper directly from Timex and I really don't need one (and yet I'm having trouble resisting). So I'm trying to focus on what I already have. And in this particular case, on what I've already bought and haven't even seen yet. I bought this Todd Snyder Military a week or two ago and just realized I never posted it here. I found a coupon code for My Gift Stop so I got it a bit cheaper than I had been seeing it recently. I love the use of color on this thing to bring a different vibe to a field/military watch. Not my photo. I'm hoping to catch up with this one next week.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am I can't stop buying Timex watches. And now handwinding Marlins just keep getting cheaper directly from Timex and I really don't need one (and yet I'm having trouble resisting). So I'm trying to focus on what I already have. And in this particular case, on what I've already bought and haven't even seen yet. I bought this Todd Snyder Military a week or two ago and just realized I never posted it here. I found a coupon code for My Gift Stop so I got it a bit cheaper than I had been seeing it recently. I love the use of color on this thing to bring a different vibe to a field/military watch. Not my photo. I'm hoping to catch up with this one next week.

I'm right there with you. I bought the CW Malvern yesterday when I had no intention of purchasing a watch yesterday or even anytime soon! Now Timex has the Marlin for as little as $99! I need to stay away from this place for awhile...
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pgcity wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 am first time posting on this thread... hopefully arrives in a week or so.
Watch arrived just now.

short review-The stitching somehow looks yellow in my photos whereas it's dark orange/gold which matches the dial and handset well as shown in my first posting above. I can't figure out what metal bracelet matches the watch.The leather strap is nice but it's either too tight or two loose for me.
I thought it was fitted wrong way round as the keeper is to the 6 unlike other watches I own. Suggestions welcome.

The 12 and 6 portion of the case profile is polished while the 2 other sides are brushed. Watch has heft which is reassuring. Wears like a 40 i think though size is 36mm. The non screw down crown is the smoothest one to turn in any watch i've owned so far. Like butter. The square angular cut sapphire crystal protrudes well out of the case by 2-3mm and is a sight as well. Everything on dial is very balanced. Happy with the watch and here are some pictures. Sorry my pictures aren't great. It is as gorgeous as press shots you can find online for Eterna 1938.
IMG_20200724_162652 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_161235 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_161009 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_160931 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_160841 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_160829 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_160814 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_160805 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200724_160755 - Copy.jpg
Last edited by pgcity on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Few suggestions for bracelets from Watch Band Center for that Eterna [mention]pgcity[/mention]

https://www.watch-band-center.com/watch ... m-sta.html

26.95 EUR

27.45 EUR

And my personal favorite:

https://www.watch-band-center.com/watch ... tina-.html

29.95 EUR

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

A couple more vintage watches on the way...
8DEC63BD-BBB4-46F9-84CE-4D0A55716286.png
E3173BDD-2FB4-4E9B-87A0-7172AA8F185B.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:15 am Few suggestions for bracelets from Watch Band Center for that Eterna @pgcity

26.95 EUR

27.45 EUR

And my personal favorite:

https://www.watch-band-center.com/watch ... tina-.html

29.95 EUR

Thank you sir. Yes your personal favourite does look good. Appreciate the suggestion.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

pgcity wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 am
pgcity wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 am first time posting on this thread... hopefully arrives in a week or so.
Watch arrived just now.

short review-The stitching somehow looks yellow in my photos whereas it's dark orange/gold which matches the dial and handset well as shown in my first posting above. I can't figure out what metal bracelet matches the watch.The leather strap is nice but it's either too tight or two loose for me.
I thought it was fitted wrong way round as the keeper is to the 6 unlike other watches I own. Suggestions welcome.

The 12 and 6 portion of the case profile is polished while the 2 other sides are brushed. Watch has heft which is reassuring. Wears like a 40 i think though size is 36mm. The non screw down crown is the smoothest one to turn in any watch i've owned so far. Like butter. The square angular cut sapphire crystal protrudes well out of the case by 2-3mm and is a sight as well. Everything on dial is very balanced. Happy with the watch and here are some pictures. Sorry my pictures aren't great. It is as gorgeous as press shots you can find online for Eterna 1938.
Beautiful watch. That short lug to lug helps it not wear to chunky I imagine.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Watch arrived just now.

IMG_20200724_162652 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_161235 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_161009 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_160931 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_160841 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_160829 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_160814 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_160805 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200724_160755 - Copy.jpg
With this type of clasp some companies have the strap in this position, some contries all straps are attached in this orientation.

Great looking watch has a nice art deco feel, has the same vibe as my Hamilton Piping Rock.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

cortman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:06 am
Watch arrived just now.

Beautiful watch. That short lug to lug helps it not wear to chunky I imagine.
Yes feels fine.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

So, I was looking over some deals from Riveredge with Matt and John, and my wife insisted I buy one. Not any one, but a certain one. I tried to get Matt to buy it so I wouldn’t, but she grabbed my phone and pressured him. God I love her. This now on the way...
451A707C-15DA-4AA5-A017-98A8994F37B7.jpeg
451A707C-15DA-4AA5-A017-98A8994F37B7.jpeg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr