As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Watches with sex appeal

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Watches with sex appeal

Post by BostonCharlie »

If this isn't the elephant in the room, maybe it should be. ;-)

A friend reported having a friend who, over time, had owned and driven various exotic and luxury cars. He was single, and he was surprised that among these cars his Jaguar was the car that evoked the most positive response from women.

Is there a men's watch brand or model with exceptional sway over women?
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Watches with sex appeal

Post by Boourns »

My guess is no. The only "nice" watch brand most people have heard of is Rolex. I suppose if someone were just interested in another person's money, a Rolex might impress them. Though honestly I bet the average person would underestimate the cost of a rolex, especially when you get into Daytona territory.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

I'd also think no.

I think women want to see that a man looks well put together.

They'll recognize the Rolex name, but, as with most non-WIS, wouldn't really know any other brands or even iconic models, and therefore, beyond Rolex, wouldn't ascribe much meaning to any brand or model in particular. Even then, Rolex might come across as douchey or unimaginative.

So, I would think there'd be some sex appeal in looking sharp with with a watch, but probably not much beyond that rather basic level of attraction.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Good points about Rolex. For some reason I also think of a Cartier tank as having easily recognized cachet. Maybe less douchey ;-)

Your points recall this dating advice from Humphrey Bogart (as Rick) to Woody Allen:
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

In the movie Priceless (French title: Hors de prix), poor, young Jean receives this watch from his wealthy 'companion' Madeline. A token of affection or of ownership? Later, the story turns on this watch. Anyhow, it might represent what an older, fashion-conscious French woman would choose for her boyfriend.
priceless_watch.jpg
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

That watch looks like JLC,though I’m not 100% sure which model

Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

synequano wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:01 pm That watch looks like JLC,though I’m not 100% sure which model
JLC Master Compressor Alarm. Only $20K used at Joma.
https://www.jomashop.com/preowned-1-jae ... 2sQAvD_BwE
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

If there is a good-back rub-watch, send me a link, please.

Wifey prefers pilot and field watch designs. Mine and hers, interestingly enough. So I guess they cancel each other out.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

tommy_boy wrote:If there is a good-back rub-watch, send me a link, please.

Wifey prefers pilot and field watch designs. Mine and hers, interestingly enough. So I guess they cancel each other out.
This pains me to do as a lifelong fan, but here goes.
Back rub watch you say? It seems the Hublot MDM in 18k gold is the choice of those with "experience"
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... a131c1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 6a79d1.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Dub Rubb wrote:

Back rub watch you say? It seems the Hublot MDM in 18k gold is the choice of those with "experience"
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... a131c1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 6a79d1.jpg[/IMG]
Given your expertise, I'd be interested in hearing whether you think there's a good "Back Rubb" watch. ;)
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Kraft is certainly used to many happy endings, so there's that. :P
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I'd honestly expect something more expensive (and less ugly) from Kraft.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Kraft’s watch clashes gruesomely with those cuff links from hell. No dress sense whatsoever.

@robotazky
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

With the revelations that have come to light about Kraft, his choice in accessories is exactly what I expected.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Hate to say it, but this watch is one that women like

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... UY445_.jpg [/img]