Versatile, Casual, Under $7k

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
atdegs
MoT Member

Re: Versatile, Casual, Under $7k

Post by atdegs »

And just to clarify my current situation, I'm looking at selling/trading my JLC Sector Dial to partially fund this, just in case anybody is looking for one :) Looking at you @Boourns.

[img][/img]
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Hey now, this thread is about feeding YOUR addiction. Leave mine out of it. :lol:
I wish that watch were 38mm?
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

Just saying, anything above dealer trade-in price will be considered. Doesn't hurt to throw a number out and see what sticks :)
Boourns wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:02 pm Hey now, this thread is about feeding YOUR addiction. Leave mine out of it. :lol:
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

atdegs wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 am As to your other comments, thanks for your opinions. I think Bremont would be further up my list if not for the two-tone triptik case. I actually owned an S301 briefly, and just didn't love it.

[img]https://www.watchreport.com/wp-content/ ... ne-hev.jpg[/img]

I strongly agree about the Blancpain case sizes. Not sure why they can't make a 40mm diver.
yinzburgher wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:11 am Obviously we're talking about your favorites here @atdegs, but my favorites of the bunch are the JLC, the IWC, and both of the Bremonts. It's a shame most Blancpains are so big. They also made a Limited to 30 pieces 38mm Bathyscaphe with Revolution Magazine that doesn't have the flashy indices that might be even more up your alley. Reference BLA0853.

Good news! All three of the Blancpains linked above are under 40mm. The vintage one is 35mm, the other two 38mm. :twisted:
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

For any blancpain FF,try them first,they fit big...the 37mm fits like 40-42mm

The 43mm bathys fits bigger than 44mm panerai

The 45mm FF fits (much) bigger than 47mm panerai
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

Good to know. I think it's just the proportions of the scaled down version I'm not quite sure about.
synequano wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:29 pm For any blancpain FF,try them first,they fit big...the 37mm fits like 40-42mm

The 43mm bathys fits bigger than 44mm panerai

The 45mm FF fits (much) bigger than 47mm panerai
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Another IWC option might be a 39mm Spitfire UTC. I don't think they're currently in regular production anymore but pre-owned models are readily available on ebay and chrono24. I just read that 2003 and newer models use a ETA 2893. I know that would be disappointing to some but I would definitely chalk it up as a positive.

[img]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0809/1 ... 1435082631[/img]
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Here's one I've been eyeing. Not very expensive but it certainly might tickle your fancy!

Davosa Trailmaster in grey:
wahlaoeh
MoT Member

Post by wahlaoeh »

I'll go for the omega globemaster grey dial

Lovely and understated

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

wahlaoeh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 pm I'll go for the omega globemaster grey dial

Lovely and understated
Great taste, I agree.

Just to update everyone, my collection took a very different turn. I ended up selling off everything, and building a much cheaper collection. I just looked down at my wrist one day and realized I had way too much money sunk into watches, that I would get more enjoyment out of spending on other things. Instead of doubling down like I planned, I went from about $10k invested to about $4k all told. So far I'm very happy with it. I'll get a photo of my collection posted after the holiday.