We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Post by yinzburgher »

cheddar wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:01 pm Busy week at work. Unwinding with an old fashioned and a relaxing read about, uh, well, maybe not so relaxing...

Looks good! If you ever get the chance to check out the WW1 museum in Kansas City, it's definitely worth your time (plus KC has BBQ). I think I was there is 2009 so it's been a while but it was probably the best museum I've been to. And while I love learning about history, I'm not even remotely a military geek. Judging by reviews, I would say I'm not the only one who was impressed.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... souri.html
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

yinzburgher wrote:
cheddar wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:01 pm Busy week at work. Unwinding with an old fashioned and a relaxing read about, uh, well, maybe not so relaxing...

Looks good! If you ever get the chance to check out the WW1 museum in Kansas City, it's definitely worth your time (plus KC has BBQ). I think I was there is 2009 so it's been a while but it was probably the best museum I've been to. And while I love learning about history, I'm not even remotely a military geek. Judging by reviews, I would say I'm not the only one who was impressed.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... souri.html
Indeed it is! In fact, our visit a few months back inspired me to pick up The Sleepwalkers and this book to read to fill in my WWI knowledge gaps. [emoji41] Great views of KC from the top of the tower, too. Definitely join in your recommendation.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Following up a night shift with tequila and McGriddles.......and a Timex for good measure.

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Grillin’ some cheddar brats with an old fashioned and my CWard (I do own other watches, I swear!)

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:Following up a night shift with tequila and McGriddles.......and a Timex for good measure.

Tequila and McGriddles. A match made in heaven [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:17 am Following up a night shift with tequila and McGriddles.......and a Timex for good measure.

You may be the first person to ever consume this combination, especially if you consider the sausage and egg burrito that you conveniently left out of the description :lol:

I haven’t eaten one of those since downing a few of them about thirty minutes before a morning football practice. You can figure out the rest :cry: . That was a looong time again and I still can’t look at them.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 pm Tequila and McGriddles. A match made in heaven [emoji23]
Split-Time wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:10 pm You may be the first person to ever consume this combination, especially if you consider the sausage and egg burrito that you conveniently left out of the description :lol:

I haven’t eaten one of those since downing a few of them about thirty minutes before a morning football practice. You can figure out the rest :cry: . That was a looong time again and I still can’t look at them.
Sometimes my stomach just wants what it wants. And I can't help it if I have incredibly sophisticated tastes. 🤣🤣🤣 A little bit of fast food trivia......the dude that came up with the McGriddle is also responsible for the dollar menu, stuff-crust pizza and Smashburger. A national hero, I say. :lol:
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

cheddar wrote:Grillin’ some cheddar brats with an old fashioned and my CWard (I do own other watches, I swear!)

This blue [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Kicking off the weekend with a Virgin Bourbon old fashioned

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

cheddar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:33 pm Kicking off the weekend with a Virgin Bourbon old fashioned

What size is that and can we talk? :lol:

That on a bracelet could be my 90% of the time watch. I try not to look at them anymore. Part of me thinks that the 36mm would be a bit small...and part of me thinks it would be just right. I have never seen one in person and honestly don't think that would be a good idea right now (and I feel the same about the Sinn 556).
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Split-Time wrote:
cheddar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:33 pm Kicking off the weekend with a Virgin Bourbon old fashioned

What size is that and can we talk? :lol:

That on a bracelet could be my 90% of the time watch. I try not to look at them anymore. Part of me thinks that the 36mm would be a bit small...and part of me thinks it would be just right. I have never seen one in person and honestly don't think that would be a good idea right now (and I feel the same about the Sinn 556).
The old fashioned is at least a double, and the BB is a 36. [emoji846]

Definitely a watch I could wear anywhere. I heard something on a podcast today about the size of the Explorer dial being as large as many larger watches, which helps it wear larger. I’m going to measure my Tudor dial to see if it’s similar.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

cheddar wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

What size is that and can we talk? [emoji38]

The old fashioned is at least a double, and the BB is a 36. [emoji846]

Definitely a watch I could wear anywhere. I heard something on a podcast today about the size of the Explorer dial being as large as many larger watches, which helps it wear larger. I’m going to measure my Tudor dial to see if it’s similar.
I am gonna guess 26-28mm dial. Just wears bigger due to lack of bezel. I have no actual knowledge, but it looks great!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

This is pretty tastey whiskey. Tasty whisky. Whatever. Cheers! :D

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Split-Time wrote:

What size is that and can we talk? [emoji38]

My friend has this one on bracelet and wears it every day. He has a Chris ward and maybe another watch but his Tudor gets all the love. He let me wear it for about an hour and I love it too. He's considering getting a spring drive for his birthday so hoping I can steal this one more often

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33