We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Since we were so close, I had to pop over the border in to 'sconnie and grab a case of the best beer to come out of the State. New Glarus Spotted Cow. Scooted back over with the contraband in the trunk of my car. I sort of felt like a prohibition era whiskey runner. ;)

(New Glarus Brewing's products are prohibited from sale in Minnesota.)
MVIMG_20190617_171720.jpg
You're such a rebel MoT!!! Any idea why it isn't allowed in Minnesota? Also great choice of watch and beer for the river cruise. Both fit right in that environment.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Another day, another IPA. And this NTH is really stealing the wrist time from my Seiko divers.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:Since we were so close, I had to pop over the border in to 'sconnie and grab a case of the best beer to come out of the State. New Glarus Spotted Cow. Scooted back over with the contraband in the trunk of my car. I sort of felt like a prohibition era whiskey runner. ;)

(New Glarus Brewing's products are prohibited from sale in Minnesota.)
MVIMG_20190617_171720.jpg
You're such a rebel MoT!!! Any idea why it isn't allowed in Minnesota? Also great choice of watch and beer for the river cruise. Both fit right in that environment.

You can have it here, it just can't be sold here.

As for the why, this article has good coverage. https://www.minnpost.com/business/2016/ ... minnesota/

Note: That article is 4 years old. Minnesota now has Sunday liquor sales.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Cracking open a new bottle of rum. This Appleton Estate Reserve Blend was on sale. I'd probably aim one shelf higher if you want something for sipping but it goes just fine with some Barritt's, a splash of lime juice and one of your favorite dive watches.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The Citizen Grand Touring NB0070 with a cheap red wine and an even cheaper rubber strap.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

No beverage pics for me today as my internet, cable and cell phone were all out of commission. Effing comcast!!! However, when my cell phone service came back on I recieved this picture from my mother in law.

It warmed my heart a little that she took the time out to take a wrist shot of my father in law wearing the 8926 mod I gave him for father's day. And with a beer in the background!! For non WIS, they nailed it!

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

92C46CB6-D53A-49FC-8C5B-EB2D13227B75.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 am No beverage pics for me today as my internet, cable and cell phone were all out of commission. Effing comcast!!! However, when my cell phone service came back on I recieved this picture from my mother in law.

It warmed my heart a little that she took the time out to take a wrist shot of my father in law wearing the 8926 mod I gave him for father's day. And with a beer in the background!! For non WIS, they nailed it!

That is my favorite of your three great mods. You certainly seem to be starting off on the right foot with the in-laws!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 am No beverage pics for me today as my internet, cable and cell phone were all out of commission. Effing comcast!!! However, when my cell phone service came back on I recieved this picture from my mother in law.

That is my favorite of your three great mods. You certainly seem to be starting off on the right foot with the in-laws!
I will agree. It is my favorite of my 8926 mods. I might need the wife to start making the dial, handset, bezel choices for me, because she nailed that one!

I still think that my very first "movement out" mod will remain my favorite for quite some time. The SKX007 that still needs to be opened up to get some of the dust out. Assembling a watch on a coffee table wearing gas station cheater glasses wasn't a great idea, but it worked!
ImageImageImage

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

My favorite turtle (scored as my first deal here at MoT) and a tasty orange IPA from a trusted brewer.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:07 am 92C46CB6-D53A-49FC-8C5B-EB2D13227B75.jpeg
Hitting the like button isn't enough for this one. I have no idea what watch you're even wearing (an obscure brand from the 70's I'm guessing) but I absolutely love the photo. Just a lot of good stuff going on!
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

I will agree. It is my favorite of my 8926 mods. I might need the wife to start making the dial, handset, bezel choices for me, because she nailed that one!

I still think that my very first "movement out" mod will remain my favorite for quite some time. The SKX007 that still needs to be opened up to get some of the dust out. Assembling a watch on a coffee table wearing gas station cheater glasses wasn't a great idea, but it worked!
ImageImageImage

Which bezel is that? I love the knurling look (especially since I'm into powerlifting). I want it in black though for my skx mod

This skx mod to be exact. Enjoying a glass of Rose with my girlfriend's fam

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

ImageImageImage

Which bezel is that? I love the knurling look (especially since I'm into powerlifting). I want it in black though for my skx mod

This skx mod to be exact. Enjoying a glass of Rose with my girlfriend's fam

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The bezel is from Dagaz, but unfortunately he doesn't make it in black. There are some other great bezel manufacturers that do make black, but none of then have that knurled look. Here are a few places to look for black bezels though.
https://www.dlwwatches.com/collections/bezels/SKX007
https://www.namokimods.com/collections/ ... tch-bezels
https://one-second-closer.com/shop/cate ... 20-bezels/
https://watchandstyle.net/collections/bezel
https://usa.crystaltimes.net/product-category/bezels/
One second closer has a crazy variety of bezels, and they are top notch to deal with. However, I have also purchased from CT and DLW without issue and recieved top notch products. Good luck on the search bud!

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:07 am 92C46CB6-D53A-49FC-8C5B-EB2D13227B75.jpeg
Hitting the like button isn't enough for this one. I have no idea what watch you're even wearing (an obscure brand from the 70's I'm guessing) but I absolutely love the photo. Just a lot of good stuff going on!
Thanks! Its the Gruen Golday that arrived last week.
56BF9D95-486E-499B-B230-3A874B80CE9D.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Getting LIT with the BB36.