MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on and accept donations to keep the lights on. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....mostly
Has liked: 799 times
Been liked: 796 times
Contact:

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#301

Post by yinzburgher » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:23 pm

Drove a few hours to go see my parents for at least a few days. Wearing my Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical. It's just so thin, light, and comfortable on this canvas strap. Luckily my folks had some Blue Moon and a few other random beers in the basement fridge. No orange to go with the beer but this brand new Orange Samurai that was waiting for me more than makes up for it. So here I sit pretty happy with things......with my Hammy and my Sammy and my beer.

ImageImage
These users liked the author yinzburgher for the post (total 6):
Bbrou33PetWatchManOnTimeDub RubbwatchpaloozaSplit-Time
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 1776 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#302

Post by Dub Rubb » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am

yinzburgher wrote:Drove a few hours to go see my parents for at least a few days. Wearing my Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical. It's just so thin, light, and comfortable on this canvas strap. Luckily my folks had some Blue Moon and a few other random beers in the basement fridge. No orange to go with the beer but this brand new Orange Samurai that was waiting for me more than makes up for it. So here I sit pretty happy with things......with my Hammy and my Sammy and my beer.

ImageImage
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".
Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 3):
Bbrou33yinzburgherSplit-Time
User avatar
Bbrou33
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:51 pm
Location: NYC
Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 718 times
Contact:

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#303

Post by Bbrou33 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:11 am

Dub Rubb wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:Drove a few hours to go see my parents for at least a few days. Wearing my Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical. It's just so thin, light, and comfortable on this canvas strap. Luckily my folks had some Blue Moon and a few other random beers in the basement fridge. No orange to go with the beer but this brand new Orange Samurai that was waiting for me more than makes up for it. So here I sit pretty happy with things......with my Hammy and my Sammy and my beer.

ImageImage
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".
Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
If you flip it for free, I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Bbrou33 for the post:
Dub Rubb
Insta me: bbrou33
User avatar
Animal Mother
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:04 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 132 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#304

Post by Animal Mother » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:15 pm

Sun, BBQ, Goose Beer and Bronze Davosa. 8-)
Image
Last edited by Animal Mother on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users liked the author Animal Mother for the post (total 4):
Bbrou33Dub RubbSplit-TimeShoreFire77
watchpalooza
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 912 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#305

Post by watchpalooza » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Workin’ on that Rolex Flip Challenge, eh? ;)
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 2):
Bbrou33Dub Rubb
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 1776 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#306

Post by Dub Rubb » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm

watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Workin’ on that Rolex Flip Challenge, eh? ;)
Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?




Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 3):
watchpaloozaBbrou33Split-Time
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 1776 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#307

Post by Dub Rubb » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Back on topic, wearing the FFF mod I purchased that got me interested in modding myself. This may be on the chopping block soon as it hasn't seen wrist time in months. Maybe wearing it today will change my mind. Here it is on a Sailcloth strap alongside some nap fuel.
Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 3):
watchpaloozayinzburgherBbrou33
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 1776 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#308

Post by Dub Rubb » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am

Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk


Last edited by Dub Rubb on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 4):
watchpaloozaBbrou33yinzburgherSplit-Time
watchpalooza
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 912 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#309

Post by watchpalooza » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:10 am

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am
Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.
Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Love the Lagunitas Squale Ale!
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 2):
Dub RubbBbrou33
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
User avatar
Split-Time
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 520 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#310

Post by Split-Time » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:18 am

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am
Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

So this runs in the family? Very cool!
These users liked the author Split-Time for the post (total 2):
Bbrou33Dub Rubb
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 1776 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#311

Post by Dub Rubb » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am
Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

So this runs in the family? Very cool!
It definitely does! My Dad is the one who got me into watches when he gave me my first Seiko a few years ago. He had no idea the monster he was creating.

He is a certified WIS though (I think anyone with more than one SKX, an Oceanus, a Squale, a Vostok and a Conquest VHP and many more is qualified!) and it is really fun to have someone to talk watches with in real life. He is always up to date on the new releases, and is stoked that now I can find him smoking deals thanks to this place! You better believe he runs every potential purchase by me first.


Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk


Last edited by Dub Rubb on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....mostly
Has liked: 799 times
Been liked: 796 times
Contact:

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#312

Post by yinzburgher » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm
watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am
Looking good! I have one of those orange sammies coming in Monday, but it may be a flip. I have some plans that I hope come to fruition.

Anyways, this NTH is still stealing a TON of wrist time, but here it is at the local brewery alongside a "float the day away IPA".
Workin’ on that Rolex Flip Challenge, eh? ;)
Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?
I may or may not have a similar "couple grand in BNIB watches" problem. I really need to do something about it. It's getting out of hand. :?
These users liked the author yinzburgher for the post:
Dub Rubb
User avatar
Dub Rubb
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 1776 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#313

Post by Dub Rubb » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:21 am

yinzburgher wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Workin’ on that Rolex Flip Challenge, eh? ;)
Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?
I may or may not have a similar "couple grand in BNIB watches" problem. I really need to do something about it. It's getting out of hand. :?
It's nice to know I am not alone in having this problem. I buy a watch, open it, realize that it is too big for me/don't love the lugs etc. and back in the box it goes. I still like it, but not enough to lower it's value by wearing it.

Back on topic, here is my SKX that I thought I lost along with a few others and then found my travel roll today.

So relieved.
ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 4):
watchpaloozayinzburgherSplit-TimeBbrou33
User avatar
Split-Time
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 520 times

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#314

Post by Split-Time » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:02 am

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm
Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:04 am
Stopped by my dad's place today and sized the bracelet on the 8926 mod I gave him, so he let me rock his Squale for the evening. I like it quite a bit, but personally wouldn't have gone with the vintage lume.

Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

So this runs in the family? Very cool!
It definitely does! My Dad is the one who got me into watches when he gave me my first Seiko a few years ago. He had no idea the monster he was creating.

He is a certified WIS though (I think anyone with more than one SKX, an Oceanus, a Squale, a Vostok and a Conquest VHP and many more is qualified!) and it is really fun to have someone to talk watches with in real life. He is always up to date on the new releases, and is stoked that now I can find him smoking deals thanks to this place! You better believe he runs every potential purchase by me first.


Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
That's awesome. My father stopped wearing a watch when he started carrying a cell phone...I did too, to be honest. We gave him a pretty sharp Citizen eco-drive for father's day last year. I can't tell if he really wears it or just puts it on when he knows he is going to see me :lol: .

My uncle is a one watch man. He has been wearing a two tone Rolex sub since 1987. He used it as his dive watch for many years. It's too blingy for my taste, but any picture of him since 1987 you know he is wearing it, which I find really cool. He is great to talk watches with.
These users liked the author Split-Time for the post (total 3):
Bbrou33Dub Rubbyinzburgher
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 1242
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 1096 times
Contact:

Re: Watches and Beverages. Show what you got!

#315

Post by ManOnTime » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:21 am
yinzburgher wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm
Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?
I may or may not have a similar "couple grand in BNIB watches" problem. I really need to do something about it. It's getting out of hand. :?
It's nice to know I am not alone in having this problem. I buy a watch, open it, realize that it is too big for me/don't love the lugs etc. and back in the box it goes. I still like it, but not enough to lower it's value by wearing it.

Back on topic, here is my SKX that I thought I lost along with a few others and then found my travel roll today.

So relieved.
Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... ef3c24.jpg[/IMG" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20190624</span><span>/</span><span>d116bf5fb2c62796c2a732822529ce4c</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span><span>][</span><span>IMG</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20190624</span><span>/</span><span>6943669efd45ee0bb7de9bae24ef3c24</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>IMG</span></a>]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
yinzburgher wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:00 pm
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm
watchpalooza wrote:
Workin’ on that Rolex Flip Challenge, eh? ;)
Not quite that extreme. However, I have thought about doing a massive purge to fund an explorer I. For some reason I have trouble justifying that but no problem having a couple grand tied up in BNIB watches in storage lol. What's wrong with me?!?
I may or may not have a similar "couple grand in BNIB watches" problem. I really need to do something about it. It's getting out of hand. :?

Well, if either of you need a place to send some of those unused, unloved watches for you know, *ahem* evaluation purposes, I may know a guy. :lol:
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 4):
sistem_32yinzburgherBbrou33Dub Rubb
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Post Reply