The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by tjcdas »

Sweet Sweet Sweet So Much Fun!
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

[mention]Sporkboy[/mention] reports that Sdelka has made the journey to Mass safetly!
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Wolfsatz wrote:[mention]Sporkboy[/mention] reports that Sdelka has made the journey to Mass safetly!

That was fast!!!
Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I can confirm that Sdelka has indeed arrived in Massachusetts!

She is doing well. Not much to add at this point, but she will be hanging out with me at home as I am stuck on the couch recovering from sciatic nerve issues:( it is nice to have the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:17 am I can confirm that Sdelka has indeed arrived in Massachusetts!

She is doing well. Not much to add at this point, but she will be hanging out with me at home as I am stuck on the couch recovering from sciatic nerve issues:( it is nice to have the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch! I hope you get back on your feet quickly.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Another chapter, excellent news!

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sdelka is on my workbench. I have a few things to do.
1. Clean with electric toothbrush and toothpicks- done
2. Fix bezel sticking at 8o’clock position- needs testing to confirm completion.
3. Polish crystal to remove minor scratches-pending
4. Paint case back- pending
5. Lubricate stem and back gaskets- pending

Overall she is in really good shape. I need to accurately set the time and see if she needs regulating, but she is within 30 seconds at the moment, which is in the range of error in which I set her yesterday. Seems to be running like a top at the moment.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Case back and gaskets left to go, but the crystal is polished, the bezel no longer sticks and she’s on a modified CNS MN strap.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 2.51.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 2.51.32 PM.png (85.01 KiB) Viewed 7024 times
Does Sdelka need her own keychain or magnet? I used the previous font and integrated the bezel design into this one. I think it just about works. Maybe a different font would be more appropriate?

Thoughts and ideas are always welcome.

Edit: Well ****. I knew I was going to mess it up somehow. I made too many markers red. I will fix that up before printing any out. This is what proofs are for right?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 2.51.32 PM.png
Does Sdelka need her own keychain or magnet? I used the previous font and integrated the bezel design into this one. I think it just about works. Maybe a different font would be more appropriate?

Thoughts and ideas are always welcome.

Edit: Well ****. I knew I was going to mess it up somehow. I made too many markers red. I will fix that up before printing any out. This is what proofs are for right?
Great work Sporkboy! I am glad to see Sdelka is in good hands and getting a little makeover. I hope you feel better soon, and I am for sure in for a magnet or keychain or both! That could be a fun token for those who participated in her journey, and I would be glad to pay the postage for you to send them to those who took Sdelka in.

Thanks again bud, and I am looking forward to seeing her lower back tattoo errrrrrr caseback painting!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:59 pm Case back and gaskets left to go, but the crystal is polished, the bezel no longer sticks and she’s on a modified CNS MN strap.
Looking great! Hope you are feeling better, Sporkboy!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Sporkboy »

Happy New Year!

Clearing a stopped up toilet.
Yes, this is what you can expect. Setting the bar low.
Last edited by Sporkboy on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Feeding acorns to the goats at Wright-Locke Farm in Winchester, MA.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stopped up toilet? Goats? :lol: Are you sure you are in Massachusetts and not Alabama, because this sounds like what people think about where I live! :roll:
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:Stopped up toilet? Goats? :lol: Are you sure you are in Massachusetts and not Alabama, because this sounds like what people think about where I live! :roll:
A good comrade is always willing to pitch in regardless of the task involved.

Yep, definitely Massachusetts. I have a Toto toilet upstairs and an American Standard down stairs. The Japanese engineers can design one heck of a toilet. To my credit, I have clogged the Toto once in 10 years.

We live about a mile from a working ‘demonstrator’ farm that gives kids in the suburbs a chance to see livestock, keep bees and that sort of thing. It is adjacent to some pretty good hiking where you can lose yourself for a couple of hours.

Even being just 2 towns from Boston, I have seen deer, turkeys, skunks, raccoons, groundhogs and there was a bear in a tree a couple of blocks away once. I still don’t know how it got there. We also have chipmunks, rabbits and 3 kinds of squirrels (red, gray and black). I have seen everything except the bear and groundhogs in our modestly sized property (I think it is something like 1/16 of an acre).

It is odd that all of this is around 6 miles ATCF from Boston. I Grew up in Southern California where it was just miles of concrete and I think we had squirrels and I saw a deer once in a nearby park, so this is plain cool.