We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Bbrou33 »

Natasha has landed in NYC! What a beautiful lady she is!
Sadly a tropical storm is hitting tomorrow and Wednesday but she'll get to see most of the city and have some fun along the way!

One question, I didn't notice when I took her out to set the time, does the crown screw in more than that?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:Natasha has landed in NYC! What a beautiful lady she is!
Sadly a tropical storm is hitting tomorrow and Wednesday but she'll get to see most of the city and have some fun along the way!

One question, I didn't notice when I took her out to set the time, does the crown screw in more than that?

Awesome brother! What a great community here to keep the spirit of this journey alive. Super stoked to have Natasha filling in. Also Brett, be careful. The alloys used in the Vostok cases, especially vintage, have a chemical compound in them that causes them to multiply while simultaneously draining your bank account $40 at a time. Keep an eye on your credit score and your mailbox(usually where the multipliers show up unexpectedly months later). You have been warned.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 pm

Awesome brother! What a great community here to keep the spirit of this journey alive. Super stoked to have Natasha filling in. Also Brett, be careful. The alloys used in the Vostok cases, especially vintage, have a chemical compound in them that causes them to multiply while simultaneously draining your bank account $40 at a time. Keep an eye on your credit score and your mailbox(usually where the multipliers show up unexpectedly months later). You have been warned.

This is true! 👆 I picked up a Dirskie and now have four... several vintage.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 pm

This is true! [emoji115] I picked up a Dirskie and now have four... several vintage.
While the Amphibias seem to get all the love, I have come to love the Knomandirskies. The combination of sleek, well designed case profiles mixed with that super domed acrylic crystal are Just fantastic.

Rabirnie
MoT Member

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 pm Awesome brother! What a great community here to keep the spirit of this journey alive. Super stoked to have Natasha filling in. Also Brett, be careful. The alloys used in the Vostok cases, especially vintage, have a chemical compound in them that causes them to multiply while simultaneously draining your bank account $40 at a time. Keep an eye on your credit score and your mailbox(usually where the multipliers show up unexpectedly months later). You have been warned.

This is true! [emoji115] I picked up a Dirskie and now have four... several vintage.
While the Amphibias seem to get all the love, I have come to love the Knomandirskies. The combination of sleek, well designed case profiles mixed with that super domed acrylic crystal are Just fantastic.

This! I would honestly prefer domed acrylic on nearly all of my watches. It adds warmth to a watch that sapphire just can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Bbrou33 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:07 pm Natasha has landed in NYC! What a beautiful lady she is!

This has always been the case with Natasha....if you look from underneath, it appears the crown is fully seated, but from the top it looks gapped. I at first thought that it was not the original crown, but this appears to be a “feature” of the older models...see these examples:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/193602627166
https://www.ebay.de/itm/114336464690
https://www.ebay.de/itm/233668368834

So glad she made it safely, and I hope you enjoy her.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Work has been crazy busy so Natasha has seen a lot of operating room time! But I did take her for a happy hour drink and snack!

More pics to come

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:Work has been crazy busy so Natasha has seen a lot of operating room time! But I did take her for a happy hour drink and snack!

More pics to come

Donuts or Arancini?!?

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 pm
Bbrou33 wrote:Work has been crazy busy so Natasha has seen a lot of operating room time! But I did take her for a happy hour drink and snack!

More pics to come

Donuts or Arancini?!?

I wish it was one of those 2. But it was fried mac n cheese balls. Which were good but just meh.
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

If anyone wants Natasha (or Sdelka, if she ever resurfaces) to visit the Mid-Atlantic, I'm in MD, kind of between DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. Admittedly, I'm not leaving the house much yet (I work exclusively from home), but at some point in the future if one were to visit I might be able to get them to all of the above cities, and then some.

Perhaps put me towards the bottom of the list and maybe by the time it's my turn I'll be venturing out more and can get some pics with some great backdrops.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Sorry there haven't been many posts with Natasha! Work has been crazy busy and that's mostly all ages been doing lately. Working! But good news is stress becoming very familiar with all OR protocols!

She also got her first covid test done (my 5th). She didn't cry. But I did.

But after I rewarded her with a little central park drinking! Neither of us cared for this beer much. But it was really different and had to give it a try!

This weekend I'm not on call so hopefully she sees more of the city!
What's her water resistance level?? If I were to go tubing down a River, will she survive??

To be continued!

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Bbrou33 wrote:Sorry there haven't been many posts with Natasha! Work has been crazy busy and that's mostly all ages been doing lately. Working! But good news is stress becoming very familiar with all OR protocols!

But after I rewarded her with a little central park drinking! Neither of us cared for this beer much. But it was really different and had to give it a try!

What's her water resistance level?? If I were to go tubing down a River, will she survive??

To be continued!

NE IPA with Matcha and Vanilla? RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! This is what happens though when breweries try to be hipsters.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Rabirnie wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote:Sorry there haven't been many posts with Natasha! Work has been crazy busy and that's mostly all ages been doing lately. Working! But good news is stress becoming very familiar with all OR protocols!

To be continued!

NE IPA with Matcha and Vanilla? RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! This is what happens though when breweries try to be hipsters.

It was very weird. Too much matcha taste. I've had some really good stuff from this brewery but not this one.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Sorry I haven't posted much lately! Work is still crazy busy so free time is limited. Plus my girlfriend's grandmother passed away unexpectedly last week so we've been talking care of that.
If it's ok with everyone, would you mind I hold onto her until maybe end of September?

But here is an update on Natasha! She's basically been eating and drinking with me around the city.
First she got the meat sweats at this pretty good Mediterranean place near my apartment.

Then I took her with me to Brooklyn for my favorite pizza in NYC, Roberta's! They have a really nice outdoor patio setup right now.

After our bellies were full we took the subway home

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Bbrou33 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:53 am Sorry I haven't posted much lately! Work is still crazy busy so free time is limited. Plus my girlfriend's grandmother passed away unexpectedly last week so we've been talking care of that.
If it's ok with everyone, would you mind I hold onto her until maybe end of September?

But here is an update on Natasha! She's basically been eating and drinking with me around the city.
First she got the meat sweats at this pretty good Mediterranean place near my apartment.

Then I took her with me to Brooklyn for my favorite pizza in NYC, Roberta's! They have a really nice outdoor patio setup right now.

After our bellies were full we took the subway home

Dude!!!! you've just made me hungry! Great Pics!
When is your agenda open so you can take me Snacking around NYC!

That is always a challenge when we go... we don't know where to go and always struggle to find good food.
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen: