We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by tommy_boy »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:41 pm Glad to see Natasha having such a good time!
She now goes south for the winter. 8-)
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Looks like fun!! I would way rather be snowboarding than sitting in my office...
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

tommy_boy wrote:Natasha visited a ski resort.

Early start. Moon's still out

The entrance

She likes the red skis and the colorful ski costumes

Nice day on the mountain

Natasha's view from 7,300 ft. East, to the dry side of the state

South, where the trees are

Nice corduroy

Natasha likes the ales here, too, after a nice day on the slopes

You are killing it bud! So happy to see this thread moving along and with such great adventures. After all, that's what it's all about. Also, I haven't seen snow in far too many years considering it's like 3 hours away. Making me jealous!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Natasha arrived over the weekend! I've been waiting to get in on the traveling watch since May of 2019. Sdelka had such a good run and I was really looking forward to giving her a tour of Monterey and handing her off directly to [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]. Alas, [mention]Southern Bambino[/mention] decided to steal her and COVID hit.

[mention]watchpalooza[/mention] stepped up and sent Natasha around the world and now I get to show her a good time. She arrived safely, but has seen better days. The hour hand will not go past 11 and she starts and stops at random. In any event, I took her out for my morning run and she seemed to enjoy it. I don't take my phone with me on my runs. I don't listen to music and my run is the only time during the day that no one can get a hold of me. I made an exception for Natasha.

This is Cannery Row before the tourists hit it up. Even with COVID it's pretty busy.
About a mile past Cannery Row on the Monterey Bay Coastal Trail just before sunrise.
Panoramic shot at the same location.

Lover's Point. You can make out a few heads in the water. Those people are nuts!
These are from the other side of Lover's Point at sunrise.
These are from my halfway point. I stop here every morning for about five minutes and just listen to waves crash. Very peaceful and a great way to even myself out to start the day.

This is the same spot looking west. Interesting trivia: John Denver crashed his airplane in 1997 just out past the rocks.
Headed back in to start the day. These are Harbor Seals getting their morning rest.
This is the Fisherman's Wharf before the hustle and bustle.
Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

That's a wonderful coast! I remember a road trip with wife & kids, starting from LA 10 years ago. We were unsure if we could make it to SF, roads had been closed because of forest fires.
“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:21 pm Natasha arrived over the weekend! I've been waiting to get in on the traveling watch since May of 2019. Sdelka had such a good run and I was really looking forward to giving her a tour of Monterey and handing her off directly to @Dub Rubb. Alas, @Southern Bambino decided to steal her and COVID hit.

@watchpalooza stepped up and sent Natasha around the world and now I get to show her a good time. She arrived safely, but has seen better days. The hour hand will not go past 11 and she starts and stops at random. In any event, I took her out for my morning run and she seemed to enjoy it. I don't take my phone with me on my runs. I don't listen to music and my run is the only time during the day that no one can get a hold of me. I made an exception for Natasha.

This is Cannery Row before the tourists hit it up. Even with COVID it's pretty busy.
About a mile past Cannery Row on the Monterey Bay Coastal Trail just before sunrise.
Panoramic shot at the same location.

Lover's Point. You can make out a few heads in the water. Those people are nuts!
These are from the other side of Lover's Point at sunrise.
These are from my halfway point. I stop here every morning for about five minutes and just listen to waves crash. Very peaceful and a great way to even myself out to start the day.

This is the same spot looking west. Interesting trivia: John Denver crashed his airplane in 1997 just out past the rocks.
Headed back in to start the day. These are Harbor Seals getting their morning rest.
This is the Fisherman's Wharf before the hustle and bustle.
Ahhh...I can smell the sea air in your photos. What a beautiful area! Taking her on a run may just whip her back into shape, seriously!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Natasha arrived back to Munich today. She is in dire straits....the hour hand sticks at the 11 o’clock and only moves after three revolutions of the minute hand. When I opened the case and removed the movement, this fell out:
969026A7-65E2-49E4-BBE5-FCF0665F9576.jpeg

It looks like Natasha will retire from travel for awhile. :(
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 pm Natasha arrived back to Munich today. She is in dire straits....the hour hand sticks at the 11 o’clock and only moves after three revolutions of the minute hand. When I opened the case and removed the movement, this fell out:

969026A7-65E2-49E4-BBE5-FCF0665F9576.jpeg

It looks like Natasha will retire from travel for awhile. :(
Sorry to hear that. She was in bad shape when I got her and the reason I didn't really wear her.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Yeah, she was out of sorts while she was enjoying Mt. Hood. I was unable to set the time. Hope she enjoyed her visit regardless.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'm willing to donate this modded one (bezel) to help keep the travels going.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

tommy_boy wrote:Yeah, she was out of sorts while she was enjoying Mt. Hood. I was unable to set the time. Hope she enjoyed her visit regardless.
Wow. Sorry to see that she has gotten beaten up. I didn't notice issues while I had her in NYC.
Did I pack her well enough when I shipped her to you? I've never had a complaint about watch packing before but I'm sure I could've done better.
I really hope I wasn't the cause, and if so I'm willing to pay for any damages.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:00 pm I'm willing to donate this modded one (bezel) to help keep the travels going.

Ohh man... I want to try this!!!
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I am not too distressed about her condition, and it is noone’s fault...I am just sorry I didn’t send a watch that was in good enough condition to survive the journey. Already have a replacement in mind, but will require a new thread (it’s german, not Russian). Will post that soon.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

This is more than your typical travels, it's an adventure. Had lots of fun in some great world sites, been robbed, broke down and got stuck in a far away land, but all in all that's what adventure travel is all about. Next....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk