We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Bbrou33 »

watchpalooza wrote:This outside the Dortmund central station...look closely to find Sdelka.

3B6C1082-C3FF-4E63-8F42-DD4F6DE976FA.jpeg
Is that where you too your WrUW photo?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Bbrou33 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 pm
watchpalooza wrote:This outside the Dortmund central station...look closely to find Sdelka.

3B6C1082-C3FF-4E63-8F42-DD4F6DE976FA.jpeg
Is that where you too your WrUW photo?

Yes, it is the very same flying rhino! Although, as you can see this lady also stole her for awhile (Blanche, the Team Mystic Pokemon team leader). Let’s just say Sdelka was popular at Pokemon Go Fest 2019. She posed with Pokemon, completed quests, saw a king, took a ride on a tri-colored flying rhino and was worn by a famous fictitious pokemon trainer.

113A4BF7-AB07-4208-9CF7-E7E66CD0E193.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Damn Watchpalooza, you are gonna make it real tough for animal mother having to follow this! I am very much enjoying the adventures of Sdelka so far. Great job!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The Pokemon Fest and Westfalenpark were full of tiny wonderful surprises like these.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

More pics from the weekend trip.

In Bokum, Josiade-fountain at Husemann-Square (scene of the examination of Hieronymus Jobs, the main character of the "Jobsiade", a comical poem of the poet Carl Armold Kortum). Sdelka couldn’t resist...
BEC4F103-2922-49C9-9E01-9CAA2A079500.jpeg
8EB6575D-E47E-4F18-8987-5CCD6B8C3C2B.jpeg

Next to the central train station the underpass is adorned with neon signs with what appear to be names...was really cool:
9DD8F2E2-EF42-4C9D-994B-23B40FB2311D.jpeg
The streets of Bokum between nights of the Sommerfest:
B8181FAE-D0D0-466D-B6F1-9CABDDBD7A5F.jpeg
F3EF4787-60ED-4BD1-A560-D8B7B23344EA.jpeg
2BC047E5-CFD9-423B-8DA2-477EBD4FDC9A.jpeg
3D947725-E984-485A-82A6-33ADDE5E32FF.jpeg
Also went to the Sommerfest in Dortmund...these are some before shots:
39534D77-52B2-45D6-9F16-4A35D3095FE9.jpeg
CC4826AB-9786-4A0B-8F75-5735E9689C87.jpeg
419A6124-0835-4C65-924C-B6D050161DC3.jpeg
The main pokemon from the weekend Pokemon Go Fest was Jirachi, here posing with Sdelka:
7CE616A0-EEF6-4F63-A50F-5ECFBFE05A29.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Back in Munich with a “Munich Mule”...
6CD7A589-02B3-4613-9046-4A18A599959C.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Great photos!

When Rhinos fly?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

tjcdas wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:30 am Great photos!

When Rhinos fly?
It is supposedly the Dortmund hospitality symbol, whatever that means. They are all over town.
Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sdelka checking out one of the local pop-up produce stands. These are all over Munich and allow farmers to bring their goods directly. A lot of residents get their fruits and veggies here instead of grocery chains.
3005A37A-8576-4B07-9CA2-CFB362251169.jpeg
0547BB88-FB2F-412B-9D45-BAE014AEF8A5.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sdelka also visited the local Maypole today in Rotkreutzplatz. These go up every Spring with a lot of ceremony and celebration. Read about them here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maypole
CEC8411D-878C-425D-ACB4-E33392AC4A80.jpeg
B6C22EE9-E889-4605-B2F4-D1068D1E404E.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Brilliant stuff! You're not making my job any easier when she arrives in Wales. :lol:
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:Crap. Watchpalooza has really stepped up the game here. This does not bode well for me and my photography skills and limited venues. Should still be fun though.

I am thinking about placing an order to Meronom, and was wondering if a new crown or something else might be in order for our favorite mechanical traveler. Do we have a policy on picking up character via parts replacement? I was planning on painting the case back, which I assumed would be fine, but changing out parts may be out of line for this project.
I love the idea of painting the caseback. Yours turned out great! The idea of Sdelka picking up some "character" on the adventure is a great one, and something I am definitely not opposed to. Great idea!

OK, slow to respond to this one. I think that the case, movement, crystal and dial should probably remain the same, though alterations would be OK additional lume to the dial. I would equate that to getting a tattoo or something. A new dial would be like a face transplant.

More minor upgrades such as a new crown, caseback or bezel wouldn’t be out of the question. Though, I hesitate on the bezel since that does change the character a lot and I think the bezel looks pretty good as it is.

At any rate, I think that the original parts should stay with the watch regardless of what gets replaced/upgraded.

Just as reference for those that haven’t seen this picture before, this is the back of my Vostok.
I do want to redo this since I finally got some blue paint. I was thinking black, blue and a splash of red in there for obvious reasons.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Sporkboy wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:Crap. Watchpalooza has really stepped up the game here. This does not bode well for me and my photography skills and limited venues. Should still be fun though.

I am thinking about placing an order to Meronom, and was wondering if a new crown or something else might be in order for our favorite mechanical traveler. Do we have a policy on picking up character via parts replacement? I was planning on painting the case back, which I assumed would be fine, but changing out parts may be out of line for this project.
I love the idea of painting the caseback. Yours turned out great! The idea of Sdelka picking up some "character" on the adventure is a great one, and something I am definitely not opposed to. Great idea!

OK, slow to respond to this one. I think that the case, movement, crystal and dial should probably remain the same, though alterations would be OK additional lume to the dial. I would equate that to getting a tattoo or something. A new dial would be like a face transplant.

More minor upgrades such as a new crown, caseback or bezel wouldn’t be out of the question. Though, I hesitate on the bezel since that does change the character a lot and I think the bezel looks pretty good as it is.

At any rate, I think that the original parts should stay with the watch regardless of what gets replaced/upgraded.

Just as reference for those that haven’t seen this picture before, this is the back of my Vostok.
I do want to redo this since I finally got some blue paint. I was thinking black, blue and a splash of red in there for obvious reasons.
I concur with painting the case back!

Insta me: bbrou33
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 pm
Dub Rubb wrote:

Sdelka is excited to get her case back painted...I think she will love it!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:

Just a heads up on what you have ahead of you as far as painting the caseback goes. I am pretty sure this is Sdelka. I think it's gonna look pretty damn cool! However, it is definitely a little more intricate.