We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:This might be my favorite pic yet, but mostly for sentimental reasons. I believe the Citgo signe there on Kenmore square is actually a national landmark now!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Oh you're going to love all the Yankee stadium pictures I'll be posting when I get her!

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:This might be my favorite pic yet, but mostly for sentimental reasons. I believe the Citgo signe there on Kenmore square is actually a national landmark now!

Oh you're going to love all the Yankee stadium pictures I'll be posting when I get her!

You're off the list!!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Updated list.
1) Edremit (North Dakota) -1st stop, thanks!-
2) aris1312 (Greece) - 2nd stop thanks!-
3) FTE(watchpalooza)(Germany)(3rd stop thanks!)
4) Animal Mother (U.K/South Africa)(thanks!)
5) konax(Poland)thanks!
6) ffeingol(Wisconson)thanks!
7) Wolfsatz (Virginia)- thanks!
8) Sporkboy (Boston) awesome go sox!(where Sdelka is currently
9) Split-Time (Alabama)- next in line
10) Bbrou33 (NYC) sorry, he is no longer with us [emoji35]
11) tommy_boy (PNW)
12) Stretch44 (Monterey Ca)

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:Updated list.
5) konax(Poland)thanks!
11) tommy_boy (PNW)

Insta me: bbrou33
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Yankees, Red Sox.

Well, I tried. :D
Last edited by tommy_boy on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:Updated list.
5) konax(Poland)thanks!
11) tommy_boy (PNW)

And just like that, with a well played Will Ferrell gif, you are back on the list. Tread lightly bro, you are walking on thin ice!

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I don't mean to stoke any more rivalries, but I was in the area again. I also forgot to post a picture from Alewife yesterday.
Sdelka_Alweife.jpg
Another of the CITGO sign.
Sdelka_Citgo3.jpg
Over at one of the entrances.
Sdelka_FenwayPark.jpg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sporkboy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:01 pm I don't mean to stoke any more rivalries, but I was in the area again. I also forgot to post a picture from Alewife yesterday.
Sdelka_Alweife.jpg
Another of the CITGO sign.
Sdelka_Citgo3.jpg
Over at one of the entrances.
Sdelka_FenwayPark.jpg
in front of the biggest flip displays that I have ever seen, maybe 15ft tall by 50ft wide.
Sdelka_FlipDisplay.jpg
In front of the Landmark building.
Sdelka_Landmark.jpg
Southern Bamboo

Post by Southern Bamboo »

Sporkboy wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:25 pm Still early progress on this, but it is looking OK so far. I went with red for a primary and yellow for some accents to call to the flag of the USSR. A muted black is rounding out the internal section of the case back. I haven’t applied the yellow and the red needs touching up.

Don’t look at these pictures if you don’t want to see the horror that is my process.

This is very cool. Now you have me taking my 2 Amphibia's off their straps and looking at casebacks... think I'll do this mod :D
Southern Bamboo

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:45 pm Sorry for the lack of posts guys. I planned to do this yesterday, but that didn’t happen. My list is complete, so now I can spend a little quality time with Sdelka.
ImageImage
Fantastic!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I don’t have the images handy, but even just a little black on the back of the Amphibia case really makes it pop. With the amount of effort that is needed vs the impact you see, I am surprised that this isn’t a more popular thing to do. If you have seen anyone else doing this, let me know as I would love to connect with them.

Sealing is something that I have yet to do on this caseback, so I may need to tackle this prior to sending the watch on. Selfishly, I am looking forward to hearing the thoughts of others when they see my handy work. The bar is so low with this kind of thing, which is nice and frustrating at the same time. It is frustrating because techniques progress more slowly in a vacuum. This is why I value constructive feedback so highly.

Edit:
I found the picture from earlier in this thread.
64D05EA2-07EA-4FAC-9CF7-BE325B022E71.jpeg
Southern Bamboo

I just found out about this board, so I'm new here, but that's a very cool mod. I'm assuming craft paint is what you use?

Found you guys by following the stars, while inquiring about traveling watches. This is an amazing thread! There are maybe 7 travelling watches now that i know of, but this one takes the cake!

I have 2 Amphibias (so far), that I love. Will attempt to attach them to this post. I am hooked on the Russian divers, have not played with a field watch yet. Both are modified with Crystal Times coin edge bezels and SKX inserts.

Which means I have 2 Amphibia bezels if anyone wants one. The 420 and 710 are interchangeable. 2 standard Vostok bracelets, too. <shudder> :shock:

I've just waded through 21 pages of this thread. Dub Rubb, I too am into VW's, always wanted a MK1 GTI, but alas, nobody would buy me one. So far I've bought my daughter a Jetta and now a Tiquan. But I moved onto BMW's... and Jeeps. But those VW's are a hell of a car!

I'm up for being on the list! I'm just south of Hunstville, AL, in Auburn. WDE! :D

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png
Now I need another Amphibia, so I can use this dial I bought (courtesy of watching JOMW modding his...)
chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png
Southern Bamboo

Oops, old pic of the blue sailboat Amphibia in 710 ministry case. Here's an updated pic.
chrome_o5BuuPIumV.png
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Southern Bamboo wrote:I just found out about this board, so I'm new here, but that's a very cool mod. I'm assuming craft paint is what you use?

Found you guys by following the stars, while inquiring about traveling watches. This is an amazing thread! There are maybe 7 travelling watches now that i know of, but this one takes the cake!

I have 2 Amphibias (so far), that I love. Will attempt to attach them to this post. I am hooked on the Russian divers, have not played with a field watch yet. Both are modified with Crystal Times coin edge bezels and SKX inserts.

Which means I have 2 Amphibia bezels if anyone wants one. The 420 and 710 are interchangeable. 2 standard Vostok bracelets, too. <shudder> :shock:

I've just waded through 21 pages of this thread. Dub Rubb, I too am into VW's, always wanted a MK1 GTI, but alas, nobody would buy me one. So far I've bought my daughter a Jetta and now a Tiquan. But I moved onto BMW's... and Jeeps. But those VW's are a hell of a car!

I'm up for being on the list! I'm just south of Hunstville, AL, in Auburn. WDE! :D

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png
Now I need another Amphibia, so I can use this dial I bought (courtesy of watching JOMW modding his...)
chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png
Great to have you here bud! Sorry I had to be so mysterious over on WUS, they dont take too kindly to people talking about this place. Anyways, the important part is That you made it!

I like your style in vehicles too. I used to belong to a car forum where the general consensus was that any "what should I buy" thread could be answered with either an E30 BMW, a 4.0 Jeep or a Miata.

Anyways, I am gonna break the normal rules here and add Southern Bamboo to the list. Unless there is any objection of course. While he may not have the time and post count here, he has been a contributing member of the BSH thread I follow. I am sure @Bbrou33 can vouch for this as well if their is any concern about our beloved Sdelka

Also, sweet Amphibias! The 710 case is one of my personal favorites, and my dad has the sane sailboat dial!

Welcome to the madness and grip your wallet tightly!

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Southern Bamboo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 pm I just found out about this board, so I'm new here, but that's a very cool mod. I'm assuming craft paint is what you use?

chrome_9TZ0hmjT3q.png

chrome_S84g7g5CnN.png

Welcome to the site!

Tell all your friends. :D :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody