We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Sporkboy »

Wolfsatz wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:59 pm
Well, I can’t even begin to top any of what has come before. I repeat that I am setting the bar low once again as a service to those that come after my stop on the journey.
Spork users are known to be Ingenious and Creative... I am sure you'll think of something! :geek:
Well, I do have a couple tricks up my sleeves. I don’t know about a 24mm steel bracelet though since I don’t have one. I might be able to do a 22 though. Not that that would look good mind you, but appropriate adapters could be fashioned. Sadly., I think I have enough on my plate at the moment and I don’t think I can attempt that.

However I will concede that I am on the creative side of things. My office at work is ‘The Office of Creative Solutions’, and I isn’t called that without merit. I have found that if you make stuff up that sounds somewhat credible and stick with it long enough that people will eventually go along with it. Maybe it is the creative nature of my job that allows me to get away with it.

At any rate, I have a couple of Vostok casebacks I’m at the moment that need painting, so I will get some practice in before Sdelka arrives.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Sit Rep 3 - 2100 Zulu

TO: Central Command
SUBJECT: Situational Report

Properly Utilizing the break from Radio Silence.
Sdelka's Casual Dress
ImageVostok Archive by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Taking lead driving back to Base Camp
ImageUntitled by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Last few days of 'Pretty Fall'
ImageFall Colours of Benetton by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageSdelka by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Fruit Bowl
ImageVostok by [url=https://www.flickr.c

Yet another Strap...
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hSajPg]Image
Sdelka by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

TX Archive Strap ... Pretty Fall has left.. and now we are in 'Winter is Coming' Mode
ImageFall by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Sdelka's last mission before Thanksgiving Chow

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: E N D O F T R A N S M I S S I O N :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Off Topic
I am truly enjoying wearing Sdelka and my appreciation towards Vostok has increased very much in a similar way that ever since acquiring the TX IQ Yacht Racer changed my perception of Timex. Yesterday I spent some time browsing Vostok's and found one that seems to align very well to my current likings. SS 42mm case, 12 hour bezel and a sweet retro look Vostok Amphibia Russian Military Mens Watch WR 200m #100927
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0755M6Z46/?c ... _lig_dp_it

Here in the US is Thanksgiving Day.. and I wish you all the best and thank you for sharing this hobby and passion of ours!
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Sdelka was given a task to crack some nuts today...

ImageSdelka Nut Cracker by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

...then was given the sweet task to decorate the Christmas Village.
ImageSdelka Christmas Dury by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
  • Quick Update
Sdelka will be heading to NYC for a quick day trip this weekend... so should have plenty of Eye Candy over the weekend. :mrgreen:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

"Fruit Bowl". That had me cracking up for some reason. Well done bud. I am thoroughly enjoying this leg of the adventure, and I am glad you gained some love for Vostoks.

I will say, if you are considering buying one, please go through Dmitry and Meranom. Top notch service and none of the lubrication issues you see elsewhere. Also, he will put any dial you want into any case, swap bezels, change casebacks etc. For a mere $5(plus whatever the parts cost). Also spend the extra $3 and get the nice gift box with the "leather" watch pillow. So much better than the plastic box they usually come in.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Wolfsatz wrote:Sdelka was given a task to crack some nuts today...

ImageSdelka Nut Cracker by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

...then was given the sweet task to decorate the Christmas Village.
ImageSdelka Christmas Dury by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
  • Quick Update
Sdelka will be heading to NYC for a quick day trip this weekend... so should have plenty of Eye Candy over the weekend. :mrgreen:
DON'T STEAL ALL MY NYC PICS!!!!!

Also if you have time for a beer let me know!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Sit Rep 4.5 - 0100 Zulu

Sdelka was given a Fitness Challenge
Here... Sgt Chip demonstrate the proper procedure
Starting with Abs:
Pos 1
ImageAbs 1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Pos 2
ImageAbs 2 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Pos 3 Full Extension so it counts
ImageAbs 3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Next Exercise... Legs
Starting from POstion 1 and with fast cadence One, Two, Three
ImageLeg Workout by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Pos2
ImageLeg Workout by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

POs 3
ImageLega 3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

While MSgt Red observes to catch the cheaters
ImageVA Cardinal by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

with whistle on mouth
ImageVA Cardinal by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageMSGT Red by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Sdelka has found a new Hobby while working out... Birding
ImageSdelka Birder by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageSdelka Birder by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Off Topic
So, We were supposed to head to NYC today.. and something pretty peculiar happened... Right before leaving; all our pets were acting very odd.... We left to DCA to pick up our rental car; we were going all out on either a Escalade, Expedition or Yukon.... when trying to get the rental; my credit card was denied... Strange.. call the bank to find out that there was a Fraudalent transaction done about a week ago from California and my card was blocked. They are sending me a new card but cannot unblock; So we tried my wife's CC... also denied... that is an AMEX card with zero balance... she called then also to find out that according to AMEX the account was closed.. but not by my wife... and her 2nd credit card... still with the name prior to her Naturalization name change; so ID does not match. We were all excited to go; but after trying to go around the obstacles... we all decided that God was trying to tell us somethiing ( we could've just go on my car without an issue ) So today was just a rest day.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: E N D O F T R A N S M I S S I O N :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

[/float][/offtopic]
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

[emoji23] I am dying over here! When Sdelkas journey started, I can promise you that I did not foresee her being part of a chipmunk workout military prep. Absolutely incredible.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

And smart move not taking the trip. To me it feels the universe was trying to tell you something. . . and more importantly, you listened.

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Sit Rep 5.5 - 2300 Zulu

Sdelka's Training has completed and she is ready to get new orders.
Here, ice Skating
ImageIce Skating by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Birding
ImageTress Climbing by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageIphone Shot by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageStealth by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageVostok by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Sdekla Nut Cracker
ImageSdelka Nuts by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Off Topic
I was hoping to take Sdelka to NYC.. but given that there is a big weather system going through the East Coast... it doesn't seem is going to be anytime soon. So, Sporkboy... are you Ready?
I must confess, that earlier in the year I was going to drop out of the chain.. but I am glad that I didn't. Having Sdelka and having been a globetrotter is quiet special.
I found a Komandirske being sold in WUS for a really good price... so I've had one since the Spring. However, it wasn't until Sdelka arrived that I really started to play, admire and wear the Vostok. The hour indices of Sdelka's bezel seems more appropiate to a field watch than the diver type that originally comes with. I am looking for a 12 hour bezel to swap.

Thank you Dub Rubb for getting this started. I am thinking it may be a good idea to do the same with a Timex watch.
► Show Spoiler

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

You really did a great job with this! Enjoyed all of your updates. Sorry you couldn't make it to NYC. I was definitely looking forward to meeting with Sdelka early for a beer. But worry not, I'll take all the NYC pics once she gets to me!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Bbrou33,

Commander in Chief update... says weather for Thursday looks very promising. I may have to concede, sacrifice and take the day off from work.
The main objective of going this weekend as the latest was to visit the rooftop of the Empire State.. as last year when we went... it was very foggy up there.. so decided to wait as the tickets are good for one year. I still want to take them up there... last time I was there was in 2001 before 911.

Are you able to meet up for Lunch some where in Mid Manhattan?

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Wolfsatz wrote:Sit Rep 5.5 - 2300 Zulu

Sdelka's Training has completed and she is ready to get new orders.
Here, ice Skating
ImageIce Skating by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Birding
ImageTress Climbing by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageIphone Shot by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageStealth by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageVostok by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Sdekla Nut Cracker
ImageSdelka Nuts by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Off Topic
I was hoping to take Sdelka to NYC.. but given that there is a big weather system going through the East Coast... it doesn't seem is going to be anytime soon. So, Sporkboy... are you Ready?
I must confess, that earlier in the year I was going to drop out of the chain.. but I am glad that I didn't. Having Sdelka and having been a globetrotter is quiet special.
I found a Komandirske being sold in WUS for a really good price... so I've had one since the Spring. However, it wasn't until Sdelka arrived that I really started to play, admire and wear the Vostok. The hour indices of Sdelka's bezel seems more appropiate to a field watch than the diver type that originally comes with. I am looking for a 12 hour bezel to swap.

Thank you Dub Rubb for getting this started. I am thinking it may be a good idea to do the same with a Timex watch.
► Show Spoiler

I am sure I am not alone in saying this, but I sure am glad you didn't back out of Sdelka's journey. I have thoroughly enjoyed not only the great pictures, but also the fun and witty commentary. Well done bud. And Great pic of the twins!

While I gracefully accept the thanks for starting this, it really is all of you guys making this journey and subsequently the thread so Damn fun and interesting. A big thanks to all those who have participated and to thise who stand to. I never imagined it to go quite this well, and you guys are all full of surprises!

Thanks again Wolfsatz, a job well done.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Wolfsatz wrote:Bbrou33,

Commander in Chief update... says weather for Thursday looks very promising. I may have to concede, sacrifice and take the day off from work.
The main objective of going this weekend as the latest was to visit the rooftop of the Empire State.. as last year when we went... it was very foggy up there.. so decided to wait as the tickets are good for one year. I still want to take them up there... last time I was there was in 2001 before 911.

Are you able to meet up for Lunch some where in Mid Manhattan?

If it's a weekday, then chances are slim. Depends on my schedule that day and would maybe have to be a last minute answer.
But I'll try my hardest

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

The Traveling Komandirskie. Who wants it?

Post by Wolfsatz »

Day off at the Cheesecake

Sweet Corn [emoji535] Tamale as appetizer

30th anniversary Cheesecake

Oreo Cheesecake

Sent from Cyberspace Central Command
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Wolfsatz wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:03 pm
Off Topic

I for one am glad you enlisted, Commander. Sdelka is one special lady...having a dame like her on your arm is the sort of experience that changes a man. Oorah soldier.
DF3709F2-DB83-4089-8882-44722E014FD3.png
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr