As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

MoT's Watch Deal Forum Watches

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: MoT's Watch Deal Forum Watches

Post by Dub Rubb »

Soo awesome! I love the camaraderie this place has unexpectedly achieved. So cool to see something like this come to fruition an a mere 8 months

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I totally forgot to post my very own MoT over here. The dial is done really well and as [mention]split-time[/mention] said, the pics don't do it justice. Keep up the good work and thank you [mention]sporkboy[/mention]!Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm Soo awesome! I love the camaraderie this place has unexpectedly achieved. So cool to see something like this come to fruition an a mere 8 months

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Has it only been 8 months? I guess that's right. It seems like this place has been around a lot longer than that. I guess that's a testament to the people that are a part of this community. Hopefully I can get more MoT watches kicking about the world soon.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and Split-Time for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

Note: I became confused with all of the watches going out and mixed up Stretch44 and Split-Time. Sorry everyone. Split-Time is my hero, though everyone else is pretty good too.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 Split-Time as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44 Split-Time.

Here is a nice picture of the full dial lume watch, sine the picture should probably be on this thread.
IMG_9124.jpg
IMG_9127.jpg
I did take that dial out and tried one of the 32.5mm dials. Sadly, I didn't account for the internal bezel and you can just barely make out the tic marks. Live and learn.
IMG_9155 2.jpg
Last edited by Sporkboy on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

[
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and Split-Time for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

Note: I became confused with all of the watches going out and mixed up Stretch44 and Split-Time. Sorry everyone. Split-Time is my hero, though everyone else is pretty good too.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 Split-Time as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44 Split-Time.

Here is a nice picture of the full dial lume watch, sine the picture should probably be on this thread.
IMG_9124.jpgIMG_9155 2.jpg

I did take that dial out and tried one of the 32.5mm dials. Sadly, I didn't account for the internal bezel and you can just barely make out the tic marks. Live and learn.
IMG_9155 2.jpg
Stretch44 [mention]Split-Time[/mention]...that is above and beyond. The members here never cease to amaze me. SO proud to be a part of this community.

Edited to fix names.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and SplitTime for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44.

IMG_9155 2.jpg
@Stretch44...that is above and beyond. The members here never cease to amaze me. SO proud to be a part of this community.
Big apologies to everyone. I have fixed the post above. I ended up crediting Stretch44 for the patronage when it should have been Split-Time. I do greatly appreciate everyone that has shown interest in this watch though and appreciate your understanding of my mistake.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:51 am
watchpalooza wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and SplitTime for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44.

IMG_9155 2.jpg
@Stretch44...that is above and beyond. The members here never cease to amaze me. SO proud to be a part of this community.
Big apologies to everyone. I have fixed the post above. I ended up crediting Stretch44 for the patronage when it should have been Split-Time. I do greatly appreciate everyone that has shown interest in this watch though and appreciate your understanding of my mistake.
No biggie 8-). I will be wearing the watch all day tomorrow. Admittedly I was preoccupied with my new Christopher Ward bracelet today, but tomorrow it’s all SporkBoy’s MoT watch. That’s the kind of company you are in :o . One of these days my wife might come in from the mailbox with a SporkBoy Watch magazine and ask, “you haven’t ordered a watch from them, have you?” :lol: CW owners know what I mean by that.

Keep up the great work but don’t get in a hurry. I really appreciate what you said about waiting to get things right before you sent the first watches out.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote: No biggie 8-). I will be wearing the watch all day tomorrow. Admittedly I was preoccupied with my new Christopher Ward bracelet today, but tomorrow it’s all SporkBoy’s MoT watch. That’s the kind of company you are in :o . One of these days my wife might come in from the mailbox with a SporkBoy Watch magazine and ask, “you haven’t ordered a watch from them, have you?” :lol: CW owners know what I mean by that.

Keep up the great work but don’t get in a hurry. I really appreciate what you said about waiting to get things right before you sent the first watches out.
I am honored for anyone to be wearing something I made. I definitely won’t be sending out any magazines, that would be strange. Postcards maybe, but no magazines.

I am definitely not rushing anything as I like to do a good job and not be stressed about it. That is why I would make a terrible entrepreneur. I like to make things, but don’t want to ruin hobbies that I love by making them about money.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Thanks to @Split-Time, I have some clear water slide decal sheets along with some upgrades masking tape! Thank you Split-Time!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I didn't do much but I am very happy that it helps! ;)
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Today I noticed something new about the MoT watch. I have some lights above my desk at work that can make the area where I sit light up like a jewelry store. Normally I keep them turned down because this is not a good feature to have in a workspace if you have a watch problem :lol: . Anyway, SporkBoy's dial has always looked perfectly smooth in pictures and in person. In the light however it appears to have a bit of texture. This may be a function of the decal, but nonetheless it is interesting and I continue to be impressed with the work that has gone into designing and assembling this watch!
IMG_7546.JPG
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:Today I noticed something new about the MoT watch. I have some lights above my desk at work that can make the area where I sit light up like a jewelry store. Normally I keep them turned down because this is not a good feature to have in a workspace if you have a watch problem :lol: . Anyway, SporkBoy's dial has always looked perfectly smooth in pictures and in person. In the light however it appears to have a bit of texture. This may be a function of the decal, but nonetheless it is interesting and I continue to be impressed with the work that has gone into designing and assembling this watch!
IMG_7546.JPG
When the decal is heated, to cure it, the decal gets tight and interacts with the primer in such a way as to create this subtle texture. It kind of happens magically and is cool to see.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Playing with the clear decals, and they are quite nice. I won’t have these done today, but I should be able to test on Monday. I will also do a full lume dial comparison. ImageImageImageImage
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'm really liking the black dial with the lume!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote:I'm really liking the black dial with the lume!
Sadly in person the black isn’t quite opaque, so it isn’t perfect. I will try running a sheet through the printer twice to see if that lines up well enough to be an improvement.