MoT's Watch Deal Forum Watches

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: MoT's Watch Deal Forum Watches

Post by Dub Rubb »

Soo awesome! I love the camaraderie this place has unexpectedly achieved. So cool to see something like this come to fruition an a mere 8 months

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I totally forgot to post my very own MoT over here. The dial is done really well and as [mention]split-time[/mention] said, the pics don't do it justice. Keep up the good work and thank you [mention]sporkboy[/mention]!Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm Soo awesome! I love the camaraderie this place has unexpectedly achieved. So cool to see something like this come to fruition an a mere 8 months

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Has it only been 8 months? I guess that's right. It seems like this place has been around a lot longer than that. I guess that's a testament to the people that are a part of this community. Hopefully I can get more MoT watches kicking about the world soon.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and Split-Time for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

Note: I became confused with all of the watches going out and mixed up Stretch44 and Split-Time. Sorry everyone. Split-Time is my hero, though everyone else is pretty good too.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 Split-Time as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44 Split-Time.

Here is a nice picture of the full dial lume watch, sine the picture should probably be on this thread.
IMG_9124.jpg
IMG_9127.jpg
I did take that dial out and tried one of the 32.5mm dials. Sadly, I didn't account for the internal bezel and you can just barely make out the tic marks. Live and learn.
IMG_9155 2.jpg
Last edited by Sporkboy on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

[
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and Split-Time for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

Note: I became confused with all of the watches going out and mixed up Stretch44 and Split-Time. Sorry everyone. Split-Time is my hero, though everyone else is pretty good too.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 Split-Time as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44 Split-Time.

Here is a nice picture of the full dial lume watch, sine the picture should probably be on this thread.
IMG_9124.jpgIMG_9155 2.jpg

I did take that dial out and tried one of the 32.5mm dials. Sadly, I didn't account for the internal bezel and you can just barely make out the tic marks. Live and learn.
IMG_9155 2.jpg
Stretch44 [mention]Split-Time[/mention]...that is above and beyond. The members here never cease to amaze me. SO proud to be a part of this community.

Edited to fix names.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and SplitTime for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44.

IMG_9155 2.jpg
@Stretch44...that is above and beyond. The members here never cease to amaze me. SO proud to be a part of this community.
Big apologies to everyone. I have fixed the post above. I ended up crediting Stretch44 for the patronage when it should have been Split-Time. I do greatly appreciate everyone that has shown interest in this watch though and appreciate your understanding of my mistake.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:51 am
watchpalooza wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Thank you to MoT, Stretch44 and SplitTime for your kind words regarding the work that I have done on this project. It is humbling to get this feedback, and I am glad that I waited to this point to get these watches out into the world vs. rushing to have something I wasn't proud to share.

A very special thanks to Stretch44 as he has provided funding for some more of my experiments in luming. Thanks to him, I have some masking tape and clear waterslide decals on the way. This was completely unexpected, and it really made me feel good inside.Thank you Stretch44.

IMG_9155 2.jpg
@Stretch44...that is above and beyond. The members here never cease to amaze me. SO proud to be a part of this community.
Big apologies to everyone. I have fixed the post above. I ended up crediting Stretch44 for the patronage when it should have been Split-Time. I do greatly appreciate everyone that has shown interest in this watch though and appreciate your understanding of my mistake.
No biggie 8-). I will be wearing the watch all day tomorrow. Admittedly I was preoccupied with my new Christopher Ward bracelet today, but tomorrow it’s all SporkBoy’s MoT watch. That’s the kind of company you are in :o . One of these days my wife might come in from the mailbox with a SporkBoy Watch magazine and ask, “you haven’t ordered a watch from them, have you?” :lol: CW owners know what I mean by that.

Keep up the great work but don’t get in a hurry. I really appreciate what you said about waiting to get things right before you sent the first watches out.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote: No biggie 8-). I will be wearing the watch all day tomorrow. Admittedly I was preoccupied with my new Christopher Ward bracelet today, but tomorrow it’s all SporkBoy’s MoT watch. That’s the kind of company you are in :o . One of these days my wife might come in from the mailbox with a SporkBoy Watch magazine and ask, “you haven’t ordered a watch from them, have you?” :lol: CW owners know what I mean by that.

Keep up the great work but don’t get in a hurry. I really appreciate what you said about waiting to get things right before you sent the first watches out.
I am honored for anyone to be wearing something I made. I definitely won’t be sending out any magazines, that would be strange. Postcards maybe, but no magazines.

I am definitely not rushing anything as I like to do a good job and not be stressed about it. That is why I would make a terrible entrepreneur. I like to make things, but don’t want to ruin hobbies that I love by making them about money.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Thanks to @Split-Time, I have some clear water slide decal sheets along with some upgrades masking tape! Thank you Split-Time!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I didn't do much but I am very happy that it helps! ;)
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Today I noticed something new about the MoT watch. I have some lights above my desk at work that can make the area where I sit light up like a jewelry store. Normally I keep them turned down because this is not a good feature to have in a workspace if you have a watch problem :lol: . Anyway, SporkBoy's dial has always looked perfectly smooth in pictures and in person. In the light however it appears to have a bit of texture. This may be a function of the decal, but nonetheless it is interesting and I continue to be impressed with the work that has gone into designing and assembling this watch!
IMG_7546.JPG
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:Today I noticed something new about the MoT watch. I have some lights above my desk at work that can make the area where I sit light up like a jewelry store. Normally I keep them turned down because this is not a good feature to have in a workspace if you have a watch problem :lol: . Anyway, SporkBoy's dial has always looked perfectly smooth in pictures and in person. In the light however it appears to have a bit of texture. This may be a function of the decal, but nonetheless it is interesting and I continue to be impressed with the work that has gone into designing and assembling this watch!
IMG_7546.JPG
When the decal is heated, to cure it, the decal gets tight and interacts with the primer in such a way as to create this subtle texture. It kind of happens magically and is cool to see.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Playing with the clear decals, and they are quite nice. I won’t have these done today, but I should be able to test on Monday. I will also do a full lume dial comparison. ImageImageImageImage
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'm really liking the black dial with the lume!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote:I'm really liking the black dial with the lume!
Sadly in person the black isn’t quite opaque, so it isn’t perfect. I will try running a sheet through the printer twice to see if that lines up well enough to be an improvement.