We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Vintage Digital Watch Appreciation

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Vintage digital is a whole other world, and I am only just getting into it with my first purchase, a vintage Fairchild Timeband. I see some others here with some vintage digital watches, so starting a thread to share pics, information, etc.

Here is a great overview of the world of vintage digital:

https://hackaday.com/2018/11/28/collect ... l-watches/

And here is my new / old watch...should arrive by end of week. It looks to be in pretty good shape, so hopefully I can get the red LED display to function without too much soldering...

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/05/22/VoPHdF.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/05/22/VoPjz0.jpg[/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Vintage Digital Watch Appreciation

Post by watchpalooza »

One hour later....it arrived. Had to run out for two LR44 batteries, and we have liftoff!

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Great idea. I got this 70’s National Semiconductor LED watch in a garbage lot on eBay. I am still pulling our treasures that just need some love. Anyway, 34mm and the case says it is Swiss made. After turning the little regulator screw a bit it keeps good time.

Gold isn’t my thing, but this has some charm to it. Totally too much work involved to check the time, but it is part of the history of timekeeping. The previous owner thought to write the battery type on the case back, good call buddy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

FTE wrote:One hour later....it arrived. Had to run out for two LR44 batteries, and we have liftoff!

Nice. Is the crystal flat or domed. Is the case stainless?

I am sure I would wear mine more often if it wasn’t gold. Do note that people may assume it is a smart watch since it has the dark glass look of so many smart watches.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am Great idea. I got this 70’s National Semiconductor LED watch in a garbage lot on eBay. I am still pulling our treasures that just need some love. Anyway, 34mm and the case says it is Swiss made. After turning the little regulator screw a bit it keeps good time.

Gold isn’t my thing, but this has some charm to it. Totally too much work involved to check the time, but it is part of the history of timekeeping. The previous owner thought to write the battery type on the case back, good call buddy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nice find! There’s a regulator screw????
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

FTE wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am Great idea. I got this 70’s National Semiconductor LED watch in a garbage lot on eBay. I am still pulling our treasures that just need some love. Anyway, 34mm and the case says it is Swiss made. After turning the little regulator screw a bit it keeps good time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nice find! There’s a regulator screw????
My module had a regulator screw, but this is my only vintage LED watch, so I don’t know how common this is. Here is a picture.