We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Post by yinzburgher »

I just saw [mention]yellowbear[/mention] post this. Zodiac wants some help figuring out the colors for its next iteration of the Aerospace GMT. Voting is on their Instagram stories. I think I would lean towards the white dial but I think they should pick two completely new colors for the bezel.

https://www.instagram.com/zodiacwatches/

ImageImageImageImage
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hodinkee now has four different Zodiac Super Sea Wolf models available for purchase in their shop. They seem to be implying that all of them are brand new models however it appears that only two are. The ZO9264 and ZO9266 have been around for a while, while the ZO9209 and ZO9210 are brand new models. Any thoughts?

HODINKEE WRITE-UP ABOUT THE SSW MODELS HERE

BUY THEM AT THE HODINKEE SHOP HERE

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Hodinkee not being entirely accurate about details? I'm shocked!

(I'd go for a ZO9264 on a bracelet.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 am Hodinkee not being entirely accurate about details? I'm shocked!

(I'd go for a ZO9264 on a bracelet.)
Ha! Maybe they are a good pairing in that case. As much as I love Zodiac, they struggle with that as well. Although I can say Zodiac is improving in that regard. And they also seem to be garnering more attention from enthusiasts and watch publications. On the whole I'd say it's probably a good thing but I just hope the days of me getting good deals on new and pre-owned modern Zodiacs aren't coming to a close.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:05 pm It looks like Zodiac has a gold-tone Astrographic on the way. No details though. Not for everybody but it might be the type of thing I would buy if I could eventually find it pre-owned at the right price. The Astrographic is one of the few modern Zodiacs I've never actually tried on. They look to me like they would wear big.

And speaking of getting the details wrong, I got this one wrong. Zodiac responded to a comment in the above post that this was an old Astrographic from 2014. I had never seen it before and assumed what many others did, that it was an upcoming release. However it does appear that there is a new limited edition Astrographic coming. The last 3 IG posts from Zodiac are teasing something space related. The people in the comments appear to not know that this page linked below already exists. An upcoming recreation of the Astrographic that was released to celebrate the moon landing. 182 pieces of each style and coming 8/19/19. Not much more info than that at the moment.

LINK TO THE NEW LIMITED EDITION ZODIAC ASTROGRAPHIC

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Zodiac makes some seriously beautiful watches

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BREAKING NEWS IN THE NEW RELEASES THREAD HERE
MtnMdc
Has thanked: 0

Post by MtnMdc »

My grail...Zodiac 53 skinImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Hope to find a great deal on the Zodiac ZO9207 someday
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I think I really like this one, but I'm a little torn. Somehow shortly after receiving it I managed to put two dings in the polished bezel, and more worrisome, three or so small dings in the sapphire crystal. I have absolutely no idea how this happened as the most strenuous thing I did while wearing it was a short bike ride, with nothing unusual occurring during it. I don't know what it is with me and sapphire these days.
I think I am going to keep it and accept the dings as a rough introduction to life in the cortman collection. I'm a bit obsessive about keeping things nice though, so we'll see.

Also have to thank [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] for the tip on this one! And MOT for providing this terrific forum.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Zodiac Aerospace GMT ZO9401, which debuted at Baselworld 2019. I've not posted it here until recently but I picked it up back in April.....and I'm loving it. One of my favorite watches from one of my favorite brands. A shout out and big thank you to [mention]wahlaoeh[/mention] for giving the heads up when these were listed at Huckberry. 👍 They no longer accept discount codes but I got lucky that I was able to find one for this.

wahlaoeh
MoT Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by wahlaoeh »

My pleasure. Happy to contribute as honestly I've been mostly feeding off the awesome deals here

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I was able to get to the Wind-Up Watch Fair in NYC yesterday and talked to the reps at the Zodiac table. They were definitely helpful, knowledgeable, and excited about where the brand is going. You can see more about what they had to tell another Zodiac fan HERE. It includes some talk about work on a STP GMT movement and more releases of the Aerospace. What he told me about the Aerospace is that the winner of this earlier poll from Zodiac's Instagram Story is the one pictured below.....the Orange Creamsicle GMT, if you will. I didn't think to ask him about future editions of their GMT being renamed as Super Sea Wolf rather than Aerospace. I've seen some speculation that there could have been some pushback from Breitling about rights to the Aerospace name. He also mentioned that they will be releasing a World Time based on the vintage reference you see below. I imagine it will be plenty popular. I'm also going to try to attach a pic for a new all black SSW with blue accents. He told me that it was not PVD or DLC but rather some type of ion plating that is layered on in four different directions in a way that offers stronger protection against scratching and chipping while still keeping costs down. It's not a model I have any interest in buying but I'm always excited to see new stuff and more variety. Also, if you haven't seen the new bracelets on the Grandrally, it's worth a look. They are adjusted by hand. In the video below from Page and Cooper, you can see it being adjusted around 3:40. He fumbles about with it a bit. But the guy at the Zodiac table definitely had zero problem. I watched him remove a link and resize the bracelet in roughly 4 seconds....with his hands. He says they are hoping to make more bracelets this way but that it's going to be trickier with jubilee bracelets. And speaking of bracelets, they also plan to start selling some of their SSW bracelets separately at some point, although I imagine they will be expensive. I can't remember everything else I talked about with them. I was just excited to be there and talking to people that were enthusiastic and knowledgeable about this stuff. Maybe I'll post a something separately with all my pics and thoughts from the fair. But in case I don't, I'll just say that if you get a chance, you should definitely go. It was exciting to talk watches and to see all the new releases and try them on.

Last edited by yinzburgher on Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:52 am I was able to get to the Wind-Up Watch Fair in NYC yesterday and talked to the reps at the Zodiac table. They were definitely helpful, knowledgeable, and excited about where the brand is going. You can see more about what they had to tell another Zodiac fan HERE. It includes some talk about work on a STP GMT movement and more releases of the Aerospace. What he told me about the Aerospace is that the winner of this earlier poll from Zodiac's Instagram Story is the one pictured below.....the Orange Creamsicle GMT, if you will. I didn't think to ask him about future editions of their GMT being renamed as Super Sea Wolf rather than Aerospace. I've seen some speculation that there could have been some pushback from Breitling about rights to the Aerospace name. He also mentioned that they will be releasing a World Time based on the vintage reference you see below. I imagine it will be plenty popular. I'm also going to try to attach a pic for a new all black SSW with blue accents. He told me that it was not PVD or DLC but rather some type of ion plating that is layered on in four different directions in a way that offers stronger protection against scratching and chipping while still keeping costs down. It's not a model I have any interest in buying but I'm always excited to see new stuff and more variety. Also, if you haven't seen the new bracelets on the Grandrally, it's worth a look. They are adjusted by hand. In the video below from Page and Cooper, you can see it being adjusted around 3:40. He fumbles about with it a bit. But the guy at the Zodiac table definitely had zero problem. I watched him remove a link and resize the bracelet in roughly 4 seconds....with his hands. He says they are hoping to make more bracelets this way but that it's going to be trickier with jubilee bracelets. I can't remember everything else I talked about with them. I was just excited to be there and talking to people that were enthusiastic and knowledgeable about this stuff. Maybe I'll post a something separately with all my pics and thoughts from the fair. But in case I don't, I'll just say that if you get a chance, you should definitely go. It was exciting to talk watches and to see all the new releases and try them on.

Sounds like you had a good time!

Did you by chance mention this place and how popular Zodiac seems to be here? :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:00 am
yinzburgher wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:52 am I was able to get to the Wind-Up Watch Fair in NYC yesterday and talked to the reps at the Zodiac table. They were definitely helpful, knowledgeable, and excited about where the brand is going. You can see more about what they had to tell another Zodiac fan HERE. It includes some talk about work on a STP GMT movement and more releases of the Aerospace. What he told me about the Aerospace is that the winner of this earlier poll from Zodiac's Instagram Story is the one pictured below.....the Orange Creamsicle GMT, if you will. I didn't think to ask him about future editions of their GMT being renamed as Super Sea Wolf rather than Aerospace. I've seen some speculation that there could have been some pushback from Breitling about rights to the Aerospace name. He also mentioned that they will be releasing a World Time based on the vintage reference you see below. I imagine it will be plenty popular. I'm also going to try to attach a pic for a new all black SSW with blue accents. He told me that it was not PVD or DLC but rather some type of ion plating that is layered on in four different directions in a way that offers stronger protection against scratching and chipping while still keeping costs down. It's not a model I have any interest in buying but I'm always excited to see new stuff and more variety. Also, if you haven't seen the new bracelets on the Grandrally, it's worth a look. They are adjusted by hand. In the video below from Page and Cooper, you can see it being adjusted around 3:40. He fumbles about with it a bit. But the guy at the Zodiac table definitely had zero problem. I watched him remove a link and resize the bracelet in roughly 4 seconds....with his hands. He says they are hoping to make more bracelets this way but that it's going to be trickier with jubilee bracelets. I can't remember everything else I talked about with them. I was just excited to be there and talking to people that were enthusiastic and knowledgeable about this stuff. Maybe I'll post a something separately with all my pics and thoughts from the fair. But in case I don't, I'll just say that if you get a chance, you should definitely go. It was exciting to talk watches and to see all the new releases and try them on.

Sounds like you had a good time!

Did you by chance mention this place and how popular Zodiac seems to be here? :D
I really did. Unfortunately I don't think I said anything to the Zodiac people about the forum :( but know I mentioned it to both Dan Henry and the Hamilton reps though. Next time I go, I need to wear my soon to be created MOT watch and maybe by that time Sporkboy will have created a MOT luminescent track suit. :D