We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:49 pm
PetWatch wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:34 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:43 pm Update 4 regarding my Jetomatic issue- just got off the phone with the repair manager again. My Jetomatic has been working perfectly fine for them so it's being sent back to me now. Hopefully I don't have any more issues with it but at least now if I do I have direct contact information to the repair center...

Also had a chat with him about our watch collections and stuff. Pretty interesting guy.
Great news. What was wrong with it?
Did you ask him if they took away the bag of chips from the repairman? lol

Did you tell him about MoT and ask him to join? ;) :lol:
Hahaha I was really tempted to but we got carried away talking about other watches. He said he worked for Rolex for over 10 years and has owned a ton of cool watches like a two tone oyster with diamond indices, and a Paul Newman style datejust. I was also very tempted to mention the crumb in the movement of Watch Your Wristwatch's jetomatic lol.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Great news. What was wrong with it?
Did you ask him if they took away the bag of chips from the repairman? lol

Did you tell him about MoT and ask him to join? ;) [emoji38]
Hahaha I was really tempted to but we got carried away talking about other watches. He said he worked for Rolex for over 10 years and has owned a ton of cool watches like a two tone oyster with diamond indices, and a Paul Newman style datejust. I was also very tempted to mention the crumb in the movement of Watch Your Wristwatch's jetomatic lol.
I wish you would have just to see what the response would have been... Glad you got the right dude to talk to it seems. I need to make another call to them again because I'm getting no response regarding my return.

@watch_your_wristwatch

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Watch your Wristwatch wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

Did you tell him about MoT and ask him to join? ;) [emoji38]
I wish you would have just to see what the response would have been... Glad you got the right dude to talk to it seems. I need to make another call to them again because I'm getting no response regarding my return.

@watch_your_wristwatch
To me it seems like a total disconnect between their customer service and customers. Definitely call them again directly to the Texas location to get your refund. If you want the name of who I spoke with pm me, although I doubt it's much help if you are just refunding.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

It's been a while, but I miss this one sometimes.

[img][/img]
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Hey guys! I too ordered my Zodiac Jetomatic from Watchstations big sale around Black Friday. Right away I noticed something odd about the crown not being able to screw down without changing the date an extra time. However, after not finding any results from searches, I kind of blew it off and forgot about it. Especially since I realized that after setting the date, if I push in and turn the crown counter clock wise, eventually it'll click into spot one and be able to screw down.
Last night I decided to do another search and found this thread and noticed others were having issues. Just curious if you got your watch back yet AndroidIsAwesome? Mine seems to be keeping good time, but the crown is sort of an issue for me. HOwever, with the way they seem to handle repairs, not sure it's worth me sending it back just for that.

Here's mine on an Erika's Original!
50628649_2300249576930470_8812162616576180224_n.jpg
Insta me: bbrou33
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Bbrou33 wrote:Hey guys! I too ordered my Zodiac Jetomatic from Watchstations big sale around Black Friday. Right away I noticed something odd about the crown not being able to screw down without changing the date an extra time. However, after not finding any results from searches, I kind of blew it off and forgot about it. Especially since I realized that after setting the date, if I push in and turn the crown counter clock wise, eventually it'll click into spot one and be able to screw down.
Last night I decided to do another search and found this thread and noticed others were having issues. Just curious if you got your watch back yet AndroidIsAwesome? Mine seems to be keeping good time, but the crown is sort of an issue for me. HOwever, with the way they seem to handle repairs, not sure it's worth me sending it back just for that.

Mine did the same thing with the crown and it was super annoying as I've never had another movement have that issue. I called Watchstation yesterday to confirm they were indeed issuing me a refund as promised and I should be getting the check in a week or so.

@watch_your_wristwatch

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Bbrou33 wrote:Hey guys! I too ordered my Zodiac Jetomatic from Watchstations big sale around Black Friday. Right away I noticed something odd about the crown not being able to screw down without changing the date an extra time. However, after not finding any results from searches, I kind of blew it off and forgot about it. Especially since I realized that after setting the date, if I push in and turn the crown counter clock wise, eventually it'll click into spot one and be able to screw down.

When I had mine it didn't do that. It screwed down fine. I still don't have it back from the repair center though.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 am When I had mine it didn't do that. It screwed down fine. I still don't have it back from the repair center though.
Thanks for the update. Really hoping I don't need to send mine back.
Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 am Mine did the same thing with the crown and it was super annoying as I've never had another movement have that issue. I called Watchstation yesterday to confirm they were indeed issuing me a refund as promised and I should be getting the check in a week or so.

@watch_your_wristwatch
This is the only watch I've had this issue with. After today, I'll see how well the watch is keeping time. So far it appears to only be gaining right under a second an hour.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I have good news and unfortunate news. The good is that my watch keeps pretty great time. Right around +4spd. The bad news is that it doesn't appear to be reserving any power. After wearing my watch all day yesterday, I took it off to go to dinner and change watches. When I got home I noticed it was no longer running and seemed to stop about 45 minutes after I removed it. This morning I reset the time and wound the crown for much longer than I typically wind any of my other watches. More than enough to fill the supposed 44 hour power reserve. Placed the watch on my watch box and left. Returned to the watch later and sure enough, watch has stopped about 45 minutes after the time if me placing it down.
I don't seem to remember it doing this when I first received the watch, but then again, I don't remember if I ever checked the power reserve time. This really upsets me as it seems I'll need to be contacting Zodiac or Watch Station to get it fixed, replaced, or refunded.

Sad day
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Bbrou33 wrote:I have good news and unfortunate news. The good is that my watch keeps pretty great time. Right around +4spd. The bad news is that it doesn't appear to be reserving any power. After wearing my watch all day yesterday, I took it off to go to dinner and change watches. When I got home I noticed it was no longer running and seemed to stop about 45 minutes after I removed it. This morning I reset the time and wound the crown for much longer than I typically wind any of my other watches. More than enough to fill the supposed 44 hour power reserve. Placed the watch on my watch box and left. Returned to the watch later and sure enough, watch has stopped about 45 minutes after the time if me placing it down.
I don't seem to remember it doing this when I first received the watch, but then again, I don't remember if I ever checked the power reserve time. This really upsets me as it seems I'll need to be contacting Zodiac or Watch Station to get it fixed, replaced, or refunded.

Sad day
Sorry, that sucks. Good luck! All in all, Watchstation has been helpful to work with. It's the Fossil Groups repair center in Texas and their overall QC that seems to be the issue.

@watch_your_wristwatch

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Bbrou33 wrote:I have good news and unfortunate news. The good is that my watch keeps pretty great time. Right around +4spd. The bad news is that it doesn't appear to be reserving any power. After wearing my watch all day yesterday, I took it off to go to dinner and change watches. When I got home I noticed it was no longer running and seemed to stop about 45 minutes after I removed it. This morning I reset the time and wound the crown for much longer than I typically wind any of my other watches. More than enough to fill the supposed 44 hour power reserve. Placed the watch on my watch box and left. Returned to the watch later and sure enough, watch has stopped about 45 minutes after the time if me placing it down.

Sad day
That sucks, it definitely has a 40+ power reserve. They tested mine at the repair center and got 42 hours.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

My watch just got back from the Texas repair center.

Guess what

IT STILL ISN'T RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mind is blown. Like I have no idea what their manager was smoking but it is definitely not running just like when I sent it in over a month ago. Unless I'm just an idiot and can't wind it properly or something.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... 2c70a3.jpg[/IMG]
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm My watch just got back from the Texas repair center.

Guess what

My mind is blown. Like I have no idea what their manager was smoking but it is definitely not running just like when I sent it in over a month ago. Unless I'm just an idiot and can't wind it properly or something.
Wow. What's going on over there?!

In a surprising twist, my watch is running with what appears to be it's full power reserve over the last day or so. I have no idea what's up with this watch. So can't decide if I want to send it back or not. Doesn't seem like it'll make a difference if I send it in
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Bbrou33 wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm My watch just got back from the Texas repair center.

Guess what

Wow. What's going on over there?!

In a surprising twist, my watch is running with what appears to be it's full power reserve over the last day or so. I have no idea what's up with this watch. So can't decide if I want to send it back or not. Doesn't seem like it'll make a difference if I send it in
Yeah I honestly have no clue. It's the weirdest issue I've ever had on a watch. The repair guy sounded legitimate when he said it worked fine for him too. Maybe it just doesn't work in Canada lol.

When I wind it I see all the gears moving as I rotate it, but the balance wheel never ever moves.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:03 pm Yeah I honestly have no clue. It's the weirdest issue I've ever had on a watch. The repair guy sounded legitimate when he said it worked fine for him too. Maybe it just doesn't work in Canada lol.

When I wind it I see all the gears moving as I rotate it, but the balance wheel never ever moves.
Could be Canada :lol: