We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Re: Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

PetWatch wrote:Congrats, that was a good and interesting "flip". I suppose it's just compensation for all your troubles. This is unheard of, so score one for Fossil Group, only issue is that I'm not sure if the credit belongs in the exceptional customer service or incompetency category.
My thoughts exactly. The credit goes towards the warranty dept at Fossil Group however, their repair facility is a Joke.

@watch_your_wristwatch

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Just wanted to stop by to say that I received my watch back from the Texas repair facility yesterday.
Looking at the watch, you can tell they opened the back to inspect or fix the movement. But inside appears to be clean and "crumbless". The crown is definitely way better than it was before. Goes into all positions easier and more natural.
I'm also happy to say that it's been running great for 24 goes now as it has been sitting. Only about +4.5-5 spd.
I'll keep monitoring it but so far so good.
While for a while I was hoping it would come back unacceptable and I could return it for a profit, seeing it on my wrist again I really love this watch and happy it's running as it should have been in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Bbrou33 wrote:Just wanted to stop by to say that I received my watch back from the Texas repair facility yesterday.
Looking at the watch, you can tell they opened the back to inspect or fix the movement. But inside appears to be clean and "crumbless". The crown is definitely way better than it was before. Goes into all positions easier and more natural.
I'm also happy to say that it's been running great for 24 goes now as it has been sitting. Only about +4.5-5 spd.
I'll keep monitoring it but so far so good.
While for a while I was hoping it would come back unacceptable and I could return it for a profit, seeing it on my wrist again I really love this watch and happy it's running as it should have been in the first place.

That's great news! I'm glad it worked out well for you!

@watch_your_wristwatch

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Meanwhile I have no idea where my watch is, if it's still being shipped to Texas, or if they have it in Texas already... I kind of just gave up on the watch a month ago and forgot about it
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Meanwhile I have no idea where my watch is, if it's still being shipped to Texas, or if they have it in Texas already... I kind of just gave up on the watch a month ago and forgot about it
What? No way, I'd be on the phone asap!

@watch_your_wristwatch

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Meanwhile I have no idea where my watch is, if it's still being shipped to Texas, or if they have it in Texas already... I kind of just gave up on the watch a month ago and forgot about it
For sure would be calling people.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Yeah I'll probably email the guy again next week and see what's up. Thinking of just asking for a credit of the watches value again and maybe buy 2 quartz models if I can.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Finally got around to reading this whole thread.
Wow, glad I never jumped on one of those deals.
And doesn't feel right "liking" all the issues you all have reported.

For the record, I'm keeping an eye out for the Olympos to get into stacked discount territory, but now a little nervous to pull the trigger if it does.

Oh well, at least I still have my vintage SST 36000
[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

TheJohnP wrote:Finally got around to reading this whole thread.
Wow, glad I never jumped on one of those deals.
And doesn't feel right "liking" all the issues you all have reported.

For the record, I'm keeping an eye out for the Olympos to get into stacked discount territory, but now a little nervous to pull the trigger if it does.

Oh well, at least I still have my vintage SST 36000
[img][/img]
For the record, most likely most of us who made this purchase, like myself, have had no issues and are very happy with the watch. It does disappoint and leave a negative impression when a few have to go through these travails.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

To add more positivity to this thread, my watch is still running perfectly, and I just got it my strapsco straps. Thanks to flypanam's post on page 3, I ordered the quick release leather rally that he has and this rubber rally with curved ends. The colors really do match perfectly.
The rubber rally really gives a sportier vibe[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 56f2da.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... f7959f.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 40fc44.jpg[/IMG]

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sea Dragon ZO9905
Last edited by yinzburgher on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I wore my Super Sea Wolf ZO9204 today. I've been wearing it on an aftermarket straight end bracelet that I got from Amazon. I originally bought the bracelet to wear with my red Sea Dragon pictured above but I've been wearing it on this instead. I'd definitely recommend it. Link below.

$29 bracelet at Amazon

Just in case anybody ever has the same question I had about whether bracelets for the Sea Wolf are interchangeable. There is a weird little quirk about these cases. You'll be able to see it below. The ones that come with bracelets are different than the ones that come without. So you can't take a bracelet off one of the bracelet models and fit it to a non-bracelet model. Link to the WUS thread below.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/zodia ... 98255.html

Last edited by yinzburgher on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Well, for those of you who are wondering what ever happened with my Zodiac Jetomatic....

Quick summary: I got the watch from watchstation brand new in November. Owned it 4 days. On day 4 it was sitting on my desk not being used and just stopped working. Nothing would fix it. Sent it in for repair. Received it 2 months later with the repair manager saying it was working the entire time. I get it back, still not working. I immediately send it back to them for repair. I just received it yesterday from the repair center. And...

It's actually working (for now at least). Apparently they had to entirely replace the movement. So 5 months later, this is my 5th day wearing this watch LOL.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 09f607.jpg[/IMG]
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Well, for those of you who are wondering what ever happened with my Zodiac Jetomatic....

Quick summary: I got the watch from watchstation brand new in November. Owned it 4 days. On day 4 it was sitting on my desk not being used and just stopped working. Nothing would fix it. Sent it in for repair. Received it 2 months later with the repair manager saying it was working the entire time. I get it back, still not working. I immediately send it back to them for repair. I just received it yesterday from the repair center. And...

It's actually working (for now at least). Apparently they had to entirely replace the movement. So 5 months later, this is my 5th day wearing this watch LOL.
Geez!
Glad you finally have it back. I'm still Loving mine since I got it back

Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Well, for those of you who are wondering what ever happened with my Zodiac Jetomatic....

Glad they finally got that mess sorted out!

@watch_your_wristwatch