We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Re: Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Darn that's not good to hear. Makes me worried about the state of my watch... If I were you I'd request either a full refund, or credit of the MSRP value of it.
Just sent Watchstation an email to see what they can do for me. It would be awesome to get full MSRP for it but I would be happy to just receive a refund and be done with it. Now that just gives me more hours to spend hunting down another piece I want. Silver lining right?

@watch_your_wristwatch

Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

So original response was "we'd be happy to repair it" blah blah blah. I also noticed it's dirty inside the movement, like legit there's a crumb in the caseback WTF. I called them today and they are issuing me a refund. DONE (Hopefully) Image

@watch_your_wristwatch

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote:So original response was "we'd be happy to repair it" blah blah blah. I also noticed it's dirty inside the movement, like legit there's a crumb in the caseback WTF. I called them today and they are issuing me a refund. DONE (Hopefully) Image

@watch_your_wristwatch
Yeah honestly what the hell are they doing over there. That is unacceptable at any price level. It's a shame a nice watch is ruined by incompetent employees and quality control. If mine comes back in a state like this I will be trying to get a refund too.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

CVP33 wrote:Image

I have never seen a yellow dialed watch I liked until now. That is very well executed, that looks great.

@watch_your_wristwatch

Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
Watch your Wristwatch wrote:So original response was "we'd be happy to repair it" blah blah blah. I also noticed it's dirty inside the movement, like legit there's a crumb in the caseback WTF. I called them today and they are issuing me a refund. DONE (Hopefully) Image

@watch_your_wristwatch
Yeah honestly what the hell are they doing over there. That is unacceptable at any price level. It's a shame a nice watch is ruined by incompetent employees and quality control. If mine comes back in a state like this I will be trying to get a refund too.
Yes this watch is forever ruined. And it has also made me rethink any future Zodiac purchases. I really want to add a Sea Wolf to my collection but I think this pushes me towards a Oris Aquis instead.

@watch_your_wristwatch

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

With all the talk of janky Zodiacs lately maybe I shouldn't have bought another but the price was right. Not all Watch Station stores carry Zodiacs but the ones that do sometimes have factory refurbished watches for a decent price and the full 2 year warranty. So I now own a Zodiac Sea Dragon ZO9901. Zodiac is sending me 3 extra links in the mail for $3. All of other refurbished watches they had were the old style Jetomatics and one quartz model I hadn't seen before.
Samginko
MoT Member

Post by Samginko »

I bought this Sea Dragon recently and I am very happy with the purchase. I haven't had any issues, I am impressed enough that I will consider buying another Zodiac in the future. Only issue that I have is after wearing it for awhile, I think thicker wrists (mine is 7 1/4") will have better look as well as comfort than smaller wrists.
rps20190126_121157.jpg
rps20190126_121211.jpg
rps20190126_121259.jpg
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

My watch literally just got to the repair center after shipping there for about 22 days
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Well just received bad news from Zodiacs repair center. Basically they can't repair it and are offering $500 for another Zodiac watch otherwise I get the broken one back. I'm very annoyed by this since they didn't even offer a straight up refund, plus msrp is $995 USD. How is that fair? Going to try asking for a $995 credit I think...
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Well just received bad news from Zodiacs repair center. Basically they can't repair it and are offering $500 for another Zodiac watch otherwise I get the broken one back. I'm very annoyed by this since they didn't even offer a straight up refund, plus msrp is $995 USD. How is that fair? Going to try asking for a $995 credit I think...
I'm sorry to hear that. After I received my repair back and it was in worse shape than before I sent an email to Watchstation. They of course emailed back and said they would be happy to take it back to the repair center to get fixed. I called watch station and they transferred me to the warranty center. After a long story I gave them they said they would give me a refund but I was gonna have to pay shipping to send it back to them. After a few days and I didn't ship I realized that they didn't give me an RMA or anything for the return. So before I shipped it back, I called again and got transferred around, they had no notes that I was sending it back for a refund. After speaking with the right person, they took notes, sent me a prepaid shipping label and will be giving me a $500 credit back for the sale price. I did let them know thats not what I personally paid because of the discounts but since it was listed on sale for $500, that's what they have to issue the refund back for. It took a few phone calls and complaining but it was worth it. Haven't got the refund yet but crossing my fingers that goes smooth. (just sent it in Wednesday).
I would recommend trying again buddy

@watch_your_wristwatch

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Well just received bad news from Zodiacs repair center. Basically they can't repair it and are offering $500 for another Zodiac watch otherwise I get the broken one back. I'm very annoyed by this since they didn't even offer a straight up refund, plus msrp is $995 USD. How is that fair? Going to try asking for a $995 credit I think...
I'm sorry to hear that. After I received my repair back and it was in worse shape than before I sent an email to Watchstation. They of course emailed back and said they would be happy to take it back to the repair center to get fixed. I called watch station and they transferred me to the warranty center. After a long story I gave them they said they would give me a refund but I was gonna have to pay shipping to send it back to them. After a few days and I didn't ship I realized that they didn't give me an RMA or anything for the return. So before I shipped it back, I called again and got transferred around, they had no notes that I was sending it back for a refund. After speaking with the right person, they took notes, sent me a prepaid shipping label and will be giving me a $500 credit back for the sale price. I did let them know thats not what I personally paid because of the discounts but since it was listed on sale for $500, that's what they have to issue the refund back for. It took a few phone calls and complaining but it was worth it. Haven't got the refund yet but crossing my fingers that goes smooth. (just sent it in Wednesday).
I would recommend trying again buddy

@watch_your_wristwatch
Yeah I will definetely not be letting this slide in their favour. They didn't even mention why they cannot repair it. The other annoying thing is the black version of the same exact model is still in stock on Zodiacs website. Wouldn't you think they offer that as a replacement???! Overall it's just crappy service, and quality control. At least their watches look decent I guess.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Update- they aren't budging on the credit, saying the "value" is what I paid, but if you read on Zodiacs website, nowhere does it define that.

Not sure what my plan is yet, but I'll probably call tomorrow. Maybe try and get the black version sent since it's literally the same watch. Otherwise I'll have to decide what to get with the 500 credit worst case scenario. Returning isn't really an option since a friend bought it in the US and brought it into Canada...
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Update- they aren't budging on the credit, saying the "value" is what I paid, but if you read on Zodiacs website, nowhere does it define that.

Not sure what my plan is yet, but I'll probably call tomorrow. Maybe try and get the black version sent since it's literally the same watch. Otherwise I'll have to decide what to get with the 500 credit worst case scenario. Returning isn't really an option since a friend bought it in the US and brought it into Canada...
Good luck man. Keep us posted on what happens

@watch_your_wristwatch

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sounds like their customer service is about as good as their repair center. I am disappoint. :( Hope it turns out well for both of you.