We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Re: Got a Zodiac? Post it here!

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

Guys, send it in... Ask for a refund. I've never been more disappointed in a watch in my collecting history.

@watch_your_wristwatch

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:03 pm When I wind it I see all the gears moving as I rotate it, but the balance wheel never ever moves.
Could the crown somehow be not at the exact position it needs to be but instead stuck halfway out of position? Also, can you set the time and date in the second and third positions?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

yinzburgher wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:03 pm When I wind it I see all the gears moving as I rotate it, but the balance wheel never ever moves.
Could the crown somehow be not at the exact position it needs to be but instead stuck halfway out of position? Also, can you set the time and date in the second and third positions?
Hmmmm maybe but wouldn't it still be able to wind with the rotor moving? And I can still move the hands and set the date perfectly fine
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm
yinzburgher wrote:
Hmmmm maybe but wouldn't it still be able to wind with the rotor moving? And I can still move the hands and set the date perfectly fine
Yea, probably. It's tough to explain in writing but I guess I'm picturing some sort of "phantom hacking" position where it continues to wind but the balance wheel isn't engaged. Definitely not a likely scenario. I would hope that they rechecked everything after putting the movement back in the watch but I can remember putting a running movement back into the case and then it no longer ran once inside. I had apparently bent the seconds hand so it was up against the crystal and wouldn't move. Also unlikely but just trying to think of what could have happened.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

For those wondering what the issue looks like, I recorded a couple videos and put them on youtube:

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Wow, just wow. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that I never have to deal with their lack of customer support and technical incompetency. They plainly don't know anything about watches or what it takes to retain a customer. Stick to a refund since I doubt they have a new one, or that they can be trusted. Send it back with a bag of chips, we certainly don't want to make the tech more unhappy than he already is, just in case they don't budge.

At this point anything is possible.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Since last night, my watch is still running strong keeping accurate time. Not sure why it stopped after 45 minutes twice...
Insta me: bbrou33
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:24 pm Since last night, my watch is still running strong keeping accurate time. Not sure why it stopped after 45 minutes twice...
Good, but that would greatly concern me, a properly running watch will never do this. Just a wild guess but there may be a piece of debris loose in there.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

PetWatch wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 pm
Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:24 pm Since last night, my watch is still running strong keeping accurate time. Not sure why it stopped after 45 minutes twice...
Good, but that would greatly concern me, a properly running watch will never do this. Just a wild guess but there may be a piece of debris loose in there.
Just left USPS. Watch should arrive at the repair facility on Friday. We'll see what happens from there. Honestly would almost just rather a refund. But I truly love this watch.
Insta me: bbrou33
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

I'm happy to report I received my refund check yesterday for the full $499.99! I'm so happy I'm done with this fiasco. It's too bad that from this experience with Zodiac and the Fossil group that I will never purchase another Zodiac again.

@watch_your_wristwatch

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:16 am I'm happy to report I received my refund check yesterday for the full $499.99! I'm so happy I'm done with this fiasco. It's too bad that from this experience with Zodiac and the Fossil group that I will never purchase another Zodiac again.

@watch_your_wristwatch
Great to hear this worked out, and thank you for sharing the experience. This thread is one thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger on some Zodiac deals.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

I'm still waiting for a shipping label to send mine back lol
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:16 am I'm happy to report I received my refund check yesterday for the full $499.99! I'm so happy I'm done with this fiasco. It's too bad that from this experience with Zodiac and the Fossil group that I will never purchase another Zodiac again.

@watch_your_wristwatch
Is this the amount you paid for the watch? I ask because I recall some comments a while back about getting a refund for a listing price higher than the price that was actually paid for the purchase?
Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

PetWatch wrote:

@watch_your_wristwatch
Is this the amount you paid for the watch? I ask because I recall some comments a while back about getting a refund for a listing price higher than the price that was actually paid for the purchase?
That was me. I paid roughly $320. When they told me that they would be refunding the sale price of $499.99 before additional discounts I definitely spoke up and told them that it was more than I paid. Their response because the refund was coming from the Fossil Group and not Watchstation, that they have to per policy refund the sale price and not the additional discounts that Watchstation offered for that sale. So I made $180 on the deal.

@watch_your_wristwatch

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Congrats, that was a good and interesting "flip". I suppose it's just compensation for all your troubles. This is unheard of, so score one for Fossil Group, only issue is that I'm not sure if the credit belongs in the exceptional customer service or incompetency category.