As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Defect with my new Dryden

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Defect with my new Dryden

Post by watchpalooza »

I was taking photos for IG when I noticed something off about the subdials for the seconds and also the chrono minutes. It appears to be an over-application of black paint on the dial that has pooled and dried along the edges above the subdials. I have alerted Dryden and await their response. Not happy as I had to wait for and pay re-shipping, then import tax to get this watch.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Defect with my new Dryden

Post by MoT »

That's disappointing. I'm interested in what their response will be.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:04 pm That's disappointing. I'm interested in what their response will be.
Funny you should say that. Within an hour I received this reply:

Thank you so much for your recent purchase and we are so sorry to hear you received a watch that was below your expectations!

A replacement watch (with some extra straps) will be shipped out tomorrow via DHL (with duties paid by us upon import). We will also send out a prepaid DHL return label via email or include it within the packaging for the watch that you received. If you could kindly send the defective one back to us, we would greatly appreciate it. If there's anything else that we can do to improve your experience, please do let us know. As a small start-up brand, we really appreciate your support and want to do everything in our power to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope you have a great rest of your week!

I think this is fantastic customer service.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

It is not nearly as pronounced as yours, but I think the one on their website also has something similar around 31-32 on the minute (left) subdial.

https://drydenwatchco.com/products/dryd ... atch-black
I wish that watch were 38mm?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dryden sent a prepaid return label for the old watch, and they shipped the new one immediately as they said they would. It arrived today, and looks good. They sent a full kit and told me to keep the straps from the previous one, somI wound up with 6 top quality straps and a new warranty starting from today. Overall I am pleased, and will definitely keep an eye on their future releases. Here are some (very) quick pics of the new kit:

Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Top notch service. Definitely a lesson for others.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I should add that both the original watch and the replacement arrived with the time already set precisely....to the time in my timezone. That is a touch that I greatly appreciate. These guys run a top notch operation...from the packing and attention to detail to the customer service and responsiveness.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I already had this on my to-watch list because I think it's a great looking piece. Great to hear that they back it up with great service too.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Boourns wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:02 am I already had this on my to-watch list because I think it's a great looking piece. Great to hear that they back it up with great service too.
Its a great watch, and the bands are top quality as well. Some enticement....

Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'd really like to go for the blue one with vintage lume. :|

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT