We're Moving!

Click for more info.

These 3: Rotating Bezel, Thin, Lume.

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bolster
MoT Member

Re: These 3: Rotating Bezel, Thin, Lume.

Post by Bolster »

Boourns wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am:(
I feel like Hans Moleman: "Today, part four of our series of the agonizing pain in which I live every day, trying to find a thin watch with a rotating bezel." I'm kidding of course; you folks have given me other good leads to hunt down, so I'm on to the next.

Still, let's consider my sadness for a moment:

Unrepentant Quartzer
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

43mm X 11mm and again with the Lumibrite. For some reason I am taking the good lune part of this very seriously, hence my 2nd pulsar recommendation. This one is even cheaper than the last one I posted at $45 (+$7.25 shipping)

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

42mm X 11mm with that lumibrite though (again). $70 this time.
https://shadieware.com/products/pulsar- ... WzEALw_wcB

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Last Pulsar, I promise. I really like this one though at 42mm X 10.5mm and at $88. I really like the looks of this one with the blue dial/red accents and mesh bracelet. I feel like this one could be a strap monster.
https://bit.ly/2Wu4UYs

Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:17 pmFor some reason I am taking the good lune part of this very seriously, hence my 2nd pulsar recommendation.
Glad you underscored this. In my dunderheadedness, I'd confused Casio's "IIluminator" (LED light) with Pulsar's "Lumibrite." But Lumibrite is a bright Pulsar-branded photoluminescence, yes? And it sounds like it's pretty impressive? I just don't know Pulsar but I'll start researching. Thanks!!
42mm X 11mm with that lumibrite though (again).
Arrgh! Liked that one, the PX3121. But--nonrotating bezel.

So many sneaky non-rotating bezels out there.
I feel like this one could be a strap monster.
21mm band. Never encountered that size before. 19, yes. 21, new to me. Oh! Nevermind, it's another fixed "get a good grip but won't rotate" bezel watch.
Last edited by Bolster on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unrepentant Quartzer
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Bolster wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:17 pmFor some reason I am taking the good lune part of this very seriously, hence my 2nd pulsar recommendation.
Glad you underscored this. In my dunderheadedness, I'd confused Casio's "IIluminator" (LED light) with Pulsar's "Lumibrite." But Lumibrite is a bright Pulsar-branded photoluminescence, yes? And it sounds like it's pretty impressive? I just don't know Pulsar but I'll start researching. Thanks!!
Yes, it is the same lume that Seiko uses (the best lume I have for both brightness and longevity) since Seiko owns Pulsar. Just researching this has me looking at some of the watches even though I am really trying to stop buying! They are great bargains and I love a bargain!!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Dammit Pulsar!!! Make a rotating bezel for the love of God! I just assumed that they HAD to be rotating. It's hard enough to find the dang dimensions on these watches and now they all have fake ass bezels?!?
I am too mad about this to continue the search tonight. I honestly though I found the perfect watch for the criteria. Eff you pulsar, Seikos punk ass little brother. Maybe tomorrow will bring me better luck.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:45 am Dammit Pulsar!!! Make a rotating bezel for the love of God! I just assumed that they HAD to be rotating. It's hard enough to find the dang dimensions on these watches and now they all have fake ass bezels?!?
I am too mad about this to continue the search tonight. I honestly though I found the perfect watch for the criteria. Eff you pulsar, Seikos punk ass little brother. Maybe tomorrow will bring me better luck.

IKR. The tell is the right-side-up numbers at 6 o'clock. The one watch I can think of that breaks this rule is the Zodiac Sea Wolf, with a right-reading 30 and a rotating bezel:

Thanks for the tip on Pulsar lume -- I love my Seiko lume bloom.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Bolster wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:31 pm
Boourns wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am:(
I feel like Hans Moleman: "Today, part four of our series of the agonizing pain in which I live every day, trying to find a thin watch with a rotating bezel." I'm kidding of course; you folks have given me other good leads to hunt down, so I'm on to the next.

Still, let's consider my sadness for a moment:

You are Hans Moleman and your watch search is the football.

I wish that watch were 38mm?
Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

Oh man! I confess, I'm tuning into this thread as much for the entertainment value as the information! LOL what a hoot. Dub's rant is tops, can't be beat, nearly poetry. BC, yes! of course! a right-side-up 30 is unlikely a rotator, but why couldn't I figure that out on my own? Lastly, my fellow Simpsoid Booorns: What better way to start the day than a gif of Moleman taking it in the nads! It's gonna be a great day.
Unrepentant Quartzer
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Here's one I found that comes close:

https://www.momentumwatch.com/collectio ... 0106981131

From the spec sheet: Thickness: 11.68mm

The spec sheet doesn't say the bezel rotates (doesn't mention bezel at all), but in the instructions indicate that it does.

Lots of other mostly quartz models, so you may find something even better.
Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

The Momentum is not bad. I own 3 Momentums, good watches, lume is OK at best; it would be nice if they'd up their game in the lume department tho. The watch I'm looking hardest at now is the Pulsar PXH227 as found by Dub. It's a nice size, and if it has Seiko level lume, that might be the winner. BC's Sector got me hot and bothered, but it's on the small side, don't know the brand so don't know the lume, and it's got the 19mm band. I've yet to locate a nice canvas 19mm band (I'm not a bracelet guy) but it's still in the running.

Nice to have all these choices! Still very happy with the Wenger Ti Off Road that BC found me several months ago; that's a robez just 10.4 thick and light weight. Even has really good lume on the hands, was not expecting that.
Unrepentant Quartzer
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Bolster wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 pm I've yet to locate a nice canvas 19mm band (I'm not a bracelet guy) but it's still in the running.
Check out Barton. I really like their canvas straps, and they say the 20mm will squeeze into a 19mm watch. They will even include a 19mm quick release spring bar if you email them with your order.

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/collec ... atch-bands
Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:56 am Pulsar PXH227. Lumibrite, 40mm X 10.8mm. And only $58!
Next in line for me is this Pulsar, it's nice. Hands are short, I like the minute hand to be near the markers, but can't argue with the dimensions which are close to perfect for me. I found this WUS article where the reviewer compares this Pulsar's lume against an Invicta - Pro - Diver, and the lume comes up short, still readable in 3 hours but unreadable after 6 hours: "...a bit disappointed in the lume. I think it is better than the Casio 106 in that respect but not by a lot. ... Since this Pulsar is a Seiko product and Seiko has such a great rep for lume, I am going to give a lower rating then I had planned on. Lume Rating: C."

Reading between the lines: "Most Seiko/Pulsar, great lume; this particular model, not so much."

PS: Thanks for the Barton squeeze tip.

EDIT: URL not working, try this
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/pulsa ... 94930.html
Unrepentant Quartzer
Bolster
MoT Member

Post by Bolster »

I got close with Flypanam's find of a Victorinox Maverick II. So close. See my review in the Deal Reports subforum:

http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=250

[img][/img]
Unrepentant Quartzer