We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Sporkboy »

Timex Camper in a field metal case.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Compliant because I removed the bracelet and put on the strap from Erika: my new gilt Turtle, which I can neither stop looking at nor take off my wrist. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

larand wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 am Compliant because I removed the bracelet and put on the strap from Erika: my new gilt Turtle, which I can neither stop looking at nor take off my wrist. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
I have this one and even now that there a hundred different colors and variations of Turtles, this one is my favorite and I cannot imagine getting rid of mine.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mod Monday compliant with the SKX011. Strapcode super oyster, Dagaz bezel and random insert from the Philippines. The watch I built specifically for a trip to Hawaii. And also by far my most complimented watch of any I own lol.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Unlike most, I enjoy a good phantom date click now and again.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:Unlike most, I enjoy a good phantom date click now and again.

I am actually a fan of the phantom date. When setting any hacking watch I always consider it to be a Ready. Set. Go. scenario. Whether it has a date or not, that is still my ready position, so it has never bothered me.

tzolandz

Post by tzolandz »

Dub Rubb wrote:
tzolandz wrote:Image

Feeling compliant while avoiding the heat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At first I thought this was a 007 with a different second hand. Then I remembered about the 013. How do you like it size wise? I think my dad has one that I may need to borrow as my preference has been shifting towards smaller watches.

I love the size. Overall it wears pretty true to its diameter. Can appear a bit small if you’re focused on the dial since it’s a long way to get there from the outside of the case and bezel. The extra bit of length in the lugs makes it a stand out for me though and it’s so damn versatile and a strap monster. For reference I also have an snk809 that feels small and the 42mm khaki auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Back on the bracelet.
IMG_6935.jpg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Timex Tuesday
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Tool Watch Tuesday compliant as well as Bacon and Beverage compliant. Mrs. Dub Rubb got invited to a baseball game with work friends, so I am fending for myself.
ImageImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:50 pm Tool Watch Tuesday compliant as well as Bacon and Beverage compliant. Mrs. Dub Rubb got invited to a baseball game with work friends, so I am fending for myself.
ImageImageImage

This might sound silly, but one of the things I enjoy about this thread is rolling back around to a day when I wear my NTH. I like it that much and it feels somewhat like discovering it again. Keep waiting for the honeymoon phase to end...but is doesn’t.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:50 pm Tool Watch Tuesday compliant as well as Bacon and Beverage compliant. Mrs. Dub Rubb got invited to a baseball game with work friends, so I am fending for myself.
ImageImageImage

This might sound silly, but one of the things I enjoy about this thread is rolling back around to a day when I wear my NTH. I like it that much and it feels somewhat like discovering it again. Keep waiting for the honeymoon phase to end...but is doesn’t.
I agree wholeheartedly. I wish I could pick up this case for mod purposes. Most of my other divers are feeling neglected after I got this. The watch just wears so well/slim.

And that LUME!!!!

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A late check-in with the Alpinist. Not exactly compliant but I bought this one off a fellow MOTer in the sales forum so that's gotta be good for something.

And bc we are a legion of watch deal seekers and tomorrow is Vintage/Vostok day, I leave you with a vintage Vostok deal. The seller even put up a Youtube clip to show that it runs. But shipping from Armenia takes a while apparently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Vostok ... G&LH_BIN=1

And for those looking for a new one, you can get into the game for less than $30.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOSTOK-KOMANDI ... ition=1000

Later Legion! 👋
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:A late check-in with the Alpinist. Not exactly compliant but I bought this one off a fellow MOTer in the sales forum so that's gotta be good for something.

And bc we are a legion of watch deal seekers and tomorrow is Vintage/Vostok day, I leave you with a vintage Vostok deal. The seller even put up a Youtube clip to show that it runs. But shipping from Armenia takes a while apparently.

And for those looking for a new one, you can get into the game for less than $30.

Later Legion! [emoji112]
The alpinist is for sure allowed!! And $25 for a brand new watch with an in house movement? Let alone a watch built entirely in house?!? Man I effing love Vostok for what they do.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:A late check-in with the Alpinist. Not exactly compliant but I bought this one off a fellow MOTer in the sales forum so that's gotta be good for something.

Later Legion! [emoji112]
That Alpinist has 20bar WR and a compass chapter ring. Those are things that you would generally see on a tool watch so no other qualifications are needed.

With regards to the proposed alternate compliance rule, I think that it has warrant and I would like to formalize it and put it up for general review. It is really an elaboration of the ‘purchased from deals thread rule’.

Proposed replacement rule
‘Any watch obtained through the direct influence of the ManOnTime Watch Deals Forum shall be compliant.
This includes purchases, member-to-member sales, trades, gifts (Pay it Forward or otherwise) and being driven nuts by drool worthy pictures being relentlessly posted by members.’

This is broader than the original rule, it embodies the same spirit while, hopefully, giving even more neglected watches a day in the sun.