As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Sporkboy »

For Vintage/Vostok Vednesday(sic) I have my 1979 Timex Railway-style.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:24 am For Vintage/Vostok Vednesday(sic) I have my 1979 Timex Railway-style.
What's up with the giant googly eyes? They are checking out the watch!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

IMG_6947.jpg
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:24 am For Vintage/Vostok Vednesday(sic) I have my 1979 Timex Railway-style.
I was looking around for an interesting background and happened to have these in a box on a shelf. It is nice to work in a place where this is considered normal.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Sporkboy wrote:
Split-Time wrote:
I was looking around for an interesting background and happened to have these in a box on a shelf. It is nice to work in a place where this is considered normal.
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ner/n12229
Living a comeback montage.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Totally non compliant today. A buddy came over last night and I subsequently woke up both hung over and late, so I threw on yesterday's watch.
ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

peskydonut wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:
Split-Time wrote:
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ner/n12229
The "Best of Christopher Walken" SNL DVD is amazing. If you haven't seen him "pranking" people, I highly recommend it.

My god can Walken be hilarious. Anyways, shout out to all you stiffly stiffersons not complying! I got something for ya!

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:40 pm Totally non compliant today. A buddy came over last night and I subsequently woke up both hung over and late, so I threw on yesterday's watch.
No worries, Bruv. I think the Legion is a pretty forgiving group. For my part, I was also non-compliant as I wanted to wear one of my new acquisitions. Just thinking about compliance for Thursdays, my recommendation for NATOs is CHEAPEST NATO STRAPS for the best bang per buck, quid, euro, or shekel. But another option is this $1.10 NATO strap reviewed here by Boston Charlie. Tough to beat that price!

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Wearing my new Codek. I am not sure if I shouldn’t have ordered the blue though. This does diversify my watchbox a bit, so it seems a good addition.

I do like all of the little details on the watch though and it does feel slightly toolish. I may need to put it on a bracelet though.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

The "Best of Christopher Walken" SNL DVD is amazing. If you haven't seen him "pranking" people, I highly recommend it.
Oh man, that's great!
Living a comeback montage.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:40 pm Totally non compliant today. A buddy came over last night and I subsequently woke up both hung over and late, so I threw on yesterday's watch.
ImageImage

I'm sure that there is an exemption for you in the rules as the creator of this thread and leader of our legion. 8-)
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

My wife was pleasantly surprised when I put this on. Birthday watch from a couple of years ago.
IMG_6956.jpg
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Universal compliance today with the Citizen BM8180-03E that I purchased from the HUISABH thread. This thing really is a little gem. On black Barton canvas. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Split-Time wrote:My wife was pleasantly surprised when I put this on. Birthday watch from a couple of years ago.
IMG_6956.jpg
The blue INOX is the best-looking INOX. Beautiful!

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

larand wrote:Universal compliance today with the Citizen BM8180-03E that I purchased from the HUISABH thread. This thing really is a little gem. On black Barton canvas. Image

I really do love mine, and it is a long term keeper for me. On my list of things to do is to upgrade the crystal to sapphire and brush the whole case again.