LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:40 pm Totally non compliant today. A buddy came over last night and I subsequently woke up both hung over and late, so I threw on yesterday's watch.
ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I'm sure that there is an exemption for you in the rules as the creator of this thread and leader of our legion. 8-)
No exemption! Especially for me. No one is above the law of the Legion! Luckily there is no punishment aside from personal shame. Also, compliance is NOT mandatory for participation, however it is more fun!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:My wife was pleasantly surprised when I put this on. Birthday watch from a couple of years ago.
IMG_6956.jpg
That's awesome! The compliance of the Legion is now supported by the members significant others. Win win.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Back to compliance today on this glorious NATO/Two Crown Thursday. SKX009 on a matching NATO worn with the "down under" method.

konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

Beverage / obtained through MoT forum compliant. Cheers y'all.Image
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Codek and adult beverage (black coffee).Image
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm
Split-Time wrote:My wife was pleasantly surprised when I put this on. Birthday watch from a couple of years ago.
IMG_6956.jpg
That's awesome! The compliance of the Legion is now supported by the members significant others. Win win.

Well...sorta. She doesn't know about the Legion but she has noticed that I am wearing different watches. The couple of times she has seen me taking pictures of watches or wrist shots she has said, "that's just weird, you know." :roll:

Other than that we're totally cool. We are heading up around Boston at the end of next week so my compliance streak will probably come to an end until we get home.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Happy Friday everyone!
IMG_6965.jpg
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Non-compliant today with the Mondaine (which was, however, purchased last year from the HUISABH thread on WUS) on a knockoff MN strap from WatchGecko. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Happy FWF:

I wish that watch were 38mm?
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm
IMG_6956.jpg

Well...sorta. She doesn't know about the Legion but she has noticed that I am wearing different watches. The couple of times she has seen me taking pictures of watches or wrist shots she has said, "that's just weird, you know." :roll:

Other than that we're totally cool. We are heading up around Boston at the end of next week so my compliance streak will probably come to an end until we get home.
What’s bringing you to my neck of the woods? Hopefully it is something fun. If it isn’t fun and you will be in the Longwood medical area during a weekday, please let me know.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Compliant again today with the Glycine on Field Watch Friday. I will probably be switching it up soon as I am heading to the top fuel drags here in Sonoma. If you have never been to a top fuel drag event, I suggest that you go. The visceral experience you get from the sheer horsepower is impossible to capture in video form. It is insane!

Nothing like having your soft tissue(namely eyes and lungs) getting destroyed by CH3NO2, having all exposed areas of your body covered in rubber, your heart stop momentarily when the first funny car does a burnout and having your brain ratlle around a little bit at the starting line of a two car pass. While that description doesn't sound fun, I can assure you it is INCREDIBLE. And accurate. . .
ImageImage

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

HKFM w/ KFC for FWF in LWDS. After seeing that piece of raw chicken decide to just crawl off somebody's plate, I came up with the novel idea of trying cooked chicken instead. You're not getting away from me buddy!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:HKFM w/ KFC for FWF in LWDS. After seeing that piece of raw chicken decide to just crawl off somebody's plate, I came up with the novel idea of trying cooked chicken instead. You're not getting away from me buddy!

Loving the strong acronym gane in this post! And glad your chicken didn't get away from you bud. Mmmmm fried chicken and field watches. You may have uncovered a new fetish lol.

konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

Beverage compliant, also it's Seiko powered.Image
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:20 pm
Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm That's awesome! The compliance of the Legion is now supported by the members significant others. Win win.

What’s bringing you to my neck of the woods? Hopefully it is something fun. If it isn’t fun and you will be in the Longwood medical area during a weekday, please let me know.
We will be up for a family get a way. Staying in Marblehead a few nights the the last night in Plymouth. Don’t know if we will spend much if any time in Boston but I would like to see the USS Casin Young again. Our goal is to relax and spend time with our four year old. I’ll shoot you a PM. Thanks Sporkboy!