As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by MoT »

Relax and four year old are mutually exclusive terms. ;)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 am Relax and four year old are mutually exclusive terms. ;)
:lol:
Well, maybe I should have said that we are looking to spend time somewhere without a lot of temptation or even opportunity to do too much. Our son is a hoot. Here is my Seiko Saturday at the donut shop. When the sugar hit him he started singing and there is no telling what is going to come out of his mouth. He will go from Yankee Doodle straight into Bel Biv Devo :? Then I remembered that yesterday was Friday free for all on the radio.
IMG_6975.JPG
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

konax wrote:Beverage compliant, also it's Seiko powered.Image
That's a great looking pic, and watch of course! Well done.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 am Relax and four year old are mutually exclusive terms. ;)
[emoji38]
Well, maybe I should have said that we are looking to spend time somewhere without a lot of temptation or even opportunity to do too much. Our son is a hoot. Here is my Seiko Saturday at the donut shop. When the sugar hit him he started singing and there is no telling what is going to come out of his mouth. He will go from Yankee Doodle straight into Bel Biv Devo :? Then I remembered that yesterday was Friday free for all on the radio.
IMG_6975.JPG
Yankee Doodle is POISON!!! Lol. That is amazing. Also, who doesn't doesn't love an SKX paired with sprinkle donuts?? Is the bracelet a strapcode?

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Compliant today on this most glorious of days, Seiko Saturday! This is one of the easiest yet hardest days for me. Easy to comply, but hard to decide which one. I went with the STO turtle since it has been neglected lately. I am thinking of putting it on the bracelet from my other turtle, but also still digging the Uncle Seiko strap.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:11 pm
Split-Time wrote:
[emoji38]

IMG_6975.JPG
Yankee Doodle is POISON!!! Lol. That is amazing. Also, who doesn't doesn't love an SKX paired with sprinkle donuts?? Is the bracelet a strapcode?

Yep. That’s a Strapcode. The SKX was my first automatic and I ordered the bracelet at the same time. I took the SKX on a hiking trip in Ireland and put it on a NATO for practical purposes, but the rest of the time it stays on the super oyster. It wasn’t getting worn very much at all until the Legion was formed ;) .
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Compliance via meat!
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Compliant on Seiko Saturday with the SRP775 at the car wash. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Osteoman
MoT Member

Post by Osteoman »

PetrosD wrote:Yesterday I finally received the CW bronze I ordered in the CW summer sale, delayed arrival thanks to DHL.

I'm really impressed by the quality and even though it's on a leather strap it's pretty heavy. It's definitely a solid watch. At 43mm it makes a bold statement, even on my roughly 8" wrist.

This was in the"nearly new" category and the patina has slightly begun on the bezel. The bronze of the case is still shiny new, but there are a few minor marks on the buckle.

The strap says it's vintage oak leather but the outer surface is textured with a feel more like suede. Kudos to CW for providing an OEM strap I can actually wear. On most OEM leather, I'm usually on the last hole or two anything often can't even wear them, but with CW I'm on the 4th from last hole, perfectly wearable.

Overall a great purchase so far, thanks to the HU thread.

Edit: Oops, I think this should have been posted in the "Show of you new watch" thread.
ImageImageImageImage
PetrosD, you will love the watch. I have had mine for a year and it's one of my favorites. It will pantina very very quickly. Mine had dramatic changes over the first 2 weeks. Take pics daily and you will see.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tzolandz

Post by tzolandz »

My compliance while I get ready to take the kids to the pool....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Non-compliance through virtue of not changing my watch today.

Actually, it may be compliant as I can’t recall who made the module for this watch.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

SKX007 mod for Signed Crown Sunday. I may just throw it in again tomorrow for back to back compliance. Bonus carnivore compliance as well.

ImageImage

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sunday is for Citizens. I was compliant with the Bromaster! Even if the picture is junk I can promise you it looked great in person.

Also, looking ahead to Mod Monday, I just wanted to throw it out there that if the agony involved in getting the seconds hand properly placed on a Seiko or Vostok isn't your thing.......you could always try getting a cheap digital watch like a Casio and modifying the display. Pics stolen from the cybernetweb.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:Sunday is for Citizens. I was compliant with the Bromaster! Even if the picture is junk I can promise you it looked great in person.

Also, looking ahead to Mod Monday, I just wanted to throw it out there that if the agony involved in getting the seconds hand properly placed on a Seiko or Vostok isn't your thing.......you could always try getting a cheap digital watch like a Casio and modifying the display. Pics stolen from the cybernetweb.

I am currently working on my first ETA 2824 mod, and am already missing the simplicity of the Seiko movements. I have no clue what I am doing, but I am learning slowly from some great guys over on WUS. The movement came shipped with 2 D shaped things, 2 tiny screws, a ring to keep the dial away from the date wheel apparently and a gear that I found out is for the date wheel. All bagged separately for me to determine their homes.

I am thinking a digital mod may be in my future if I hack this one up. . .

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:03 am
yinzburgher wrote:Sunday is for Citizens. I was compliant with the Bromaster! Even if the picture is junk I can promise you it looked great in person.

I am currently working on my first ETA 2824 mod, and am already missing the simplicity of the Seiko movements. I have no clue what I am doing, but I am learning slowly from some great guys over on WUS. The movement came shipped with 2 D shaped things, 2 tiny screws, a ring to keep the dial away from the date wheel apparently and a gear that I found out is for the date wheel. All bagged separately for me to determine their homes.

I am thinking a digital mod may be in my future if I hack this one up. . .

Good luck with it Dub. If you could, post some pics and a link to the WUS thread in our mod thread when your done or even as you go. I've never modded anything that didn't have a 7S26 or 4R36 but maybe you'll encourage me.