LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:03 am
yinzburgher wrote:Sunday is for Citizens. I was compliant with the Bromaster! Even if the picture is junk I can promise you it looked great in person.

Also, looking ahead to Mod Monday, I just wanted to throw it out there that if the agony involved in getting the seconds hand properly placed on a Seiko or Vostok isn't your thing.......you could always try getting a cheap digital watch like a Casio and modifying the display. Pics stolen from the cybernetweb.

I am currently working on my first ETA 2824 mod, and am already missing the simplicity of the Seiko movements. I have no clue what I am doing, but I am learning slowly from some great guys over on WUS. The movement came shipped with 2 D shaped things, 2 tiny screws, a ring to keep the dial away from the date wheel apparently and a gear that I found out is for the date wheel. All bagged separately for me to determine their homes.

I am thinking a digital mod may be in my future if I hack this one up. . .

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Good luck with it Dub. If you could, post some pics and a link to the WUS thread in our mod thread when your done or even as you go. I've never modded anything that didn't have a 7S26 or 4R36 but maybe you'll encourage me.
I second that. The Codek has a 2824 movement and I am wondering if I should dare try modding that. Then It could be a Super MoT Forum Watch.

I read someplace that a 2824 takes a 28.5mm dial, but I am not sure what the Codek uses...

Edit: definitely bigger than the 28.5mm dials that I have. Not that I could design something that could do the watch justice. The texture and applied indices are hard to top with a 2d design and my rudimentary, but improving, design skills.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Split-Time »

I tried this on the factory bracelet last week and immediately couldn't wait to put it back on leather. I always enjoy the dome, too.
IMG_6984.jpg
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Wore this yesterday for Citizen Sunday, but never got a chance to post. I figure it works for Mod Monday too due to the strap from Erika. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mod Monday compliant with the 007. This guy might even go another day for Tool Watch Tuesday.

konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

Tool watch doing tool watch things (sort of).Image
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Tool Watch/Timex/Titanium Tuesday!

One of my favorites that I will always have in my collection. The Lorus VX33-X068 on OD Barton Canvas. Was awake @ 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep, so this torch of a watch seemed appropriate.

There is a new version of this watch out with a screw back, so I may eventually get one of those. At ~$35, this thing is a tremendous value.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK Legion. The first two MoT dialed watches are available on other threads. These will always be compliant any time you wear them. Go forth and claim. Each watch has different requirements to claim, so just pay attention.ImageImage
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Today hasn't gone the way I planned so I only get to wear this for a few minutes this afternoon before I put the soul-less running watch on. Also...recycled picture...but one of those days. Everything's good, just busy!
D50_2904.jpg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:Today hasn't gone the way I planned so I only get to wear this for a few minutes this afternoon before I put the soul-less running watch on. Also...recycled picture...but one of those days. Everything's good, just busy!
D50_2904.jpg
Out of curiosity, what is the running watch? I am guessing some sort of fitness tracker? FWIW, and I am by NO MEANS a runner, I slowly worked my way up to about 4 miles a day, and since all I was tracking was improvements in time, my SKX became my running watch. I know, not for everyone, but a night run after hitting the Seiko with a UV light was always fun.

I really need to get back into that. A good podcast and some lume out by myself. Good times.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Split-Time wrote:Today hasn't gone the way I planned so I only get to wear this for a few minutes this afternoon before I put the soul-less running watch on. Also...recycled picture...but one of those days. Everything's good, just busy!

D50_2904.jpg
Out of curiosity, what is the running watch? I am guessing some sort of fitness tracker? FWIW, and I am by NO MEANS a runner, I slowly worked my way up to about 4 miles a day, and since all I was tracking was improvements in time, my SKX became my running watch. I know, not for everyone, but a night run after hitting the Seiko with a UV light was always fun.

I really need to get back into that. A good podcast and some lume out by myself. Good times.

I've had a Garmin Forerunner 235 since November and wear it everyday. It is an excellent running watch. The Garmin app and Garmin Connect website are great. The tech has made me want to be a better runner. I'm also sort of a data geek and I think that's why I wear it all day (or almost all day). When I bought it I said I would only wear it when I ran or worked out :? .

I think the 235 was just replaced with the 245 so you may find a deal on the 235s.

Four miles is nothing to sneeze at! Congratulations!

I'll tell you anything you want to know...just shoot me a PM!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

My submission for compliance Tool Watch Tuesday is the trusty SKX011 slightly modified. Using it to time searing a sous vide pork loin momentarily, but for now I submit watch and beverage compliance. Carnivore compliance should be coming soon(unless I get too excited and just start grubbing)

* Also Cat Face compliant lol
ImageImage

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Been a crazy day. Finally have time to post my compliance with the Citizen Nighthawk.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

larand wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 pm Been a crazy day. Finally have time to post my compliance with the Citizen Nighthawk.

I just realized that's a great Thursday watch too. I need me some Paratrooper straps. I think tomorrow I'm finally placing another order with CNS. I'm on my third watch of the day. Started out with a Timex Ironman, switched to a Casio Royale, and now wearing a Seiko that I haven't even set. I guess the Ironman that I never snapped a pic of doesn't help my compliance so here's a rum drink fwiw.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Pork loin came out spectacular (as usual when cooking sous vide) so as promised, bonus carnivore compliance. I made a hungry Mrs. DR wait just so I could get a pic real quick.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:Pork loin came out spectacular (as usual when cooking sous vide) so as promised, bonus carnivore compliance. I made a hungry Mrs. DR wait just so I could get a pic real quick.

That is making me hungry for pork loin, and a sous vide cooker.

For Vintage Vednesday I have my late FIL’s 1960 Oyster Perpetual. Wearing in honor of his birthday week starting today I suppose.