LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:53 pm A crappy picture of the aforementioned Aoede Sea Venture and a glass of Johnnie Walker Black.

The more pictures you post of this watch the more I like it. I may have to get in on the Kickstarter.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:23 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:53 pm A crappy picture of the aforementioned Aoede Sea Venture and a glass of Johnnie Walker Black.

The more pictures you post of this watch the more I like it. I may have to get in on the Kickstarter.
It really is a nice watch. I'll have a review up in the next few days, but don't let that stop you.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:28 pm

It really is a nice watch. I'll have a review up in the next few days, but don't let that stop you.
Looks like I missed the Kickstarter window. Oh well. Looking forward to your review.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Stretch44 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Looks like I missed the Kickstarter window. Oh well. Looking forward to your review.

Just thinking out loud...but wondering if [mention]aoedebrian[/mention] would consider offering a preorder discount to the fine MoT community following their successful Kickstarter campaign?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:30 pm
ManOnTime wrote:Tool watch Tuesday compliance.

Really digging this watch. What is it?
Stretch44 wrote:Speedy Tuesday.
I had a feeling that was coming! I can't blame you!
Split-Time wrote:
peskydonut wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 pm We're supposedly getting up to 10" of snow today, so working from home.

Is this a tool watch? Am I compliant? You be the judge.

IMG_20191029_114615912_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191029_114715986_HDR.jpg
Yours makes the third or fourth Glycine Combat 6 in the Legion...and everyone (including me) really enjoys theirs. So, if that isn't enough to count as some made up rule, I propose that if the weather calls for more than 8" of snow you can wear whatever you want! [emoji38]
I'll allow it. Seems reasonable lol.
Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm Mod Monday compliant, well I am counting it. Not technically a mod, since it was built from parts.

Knocked out a couple jobs this morning, but everything else cancelled due to power outages and/or evacuations. The wife is working, so I am doing the responsible thing by hanging out with cat face, day drinking and playing video games. This new COD campaign is pretty good so far.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Seeing Cat Face makes me miss our cat. My wife got him before we were married and I thought having a cat was a terrible idea. He hooked me the second that we met. Then our son, at about three, decided that the cat was his brother. He lived 13 great years, but I still miss the little guy.
I hear ya. Cats are so hit or miss. Some can be total dicks, but every once in a while you get an awesome one and they are super cool. Not to mention easy.
Split-Time wrote:Two watches in one post. Yesterday I was wearing a lot of blue to I grabbed the Nacken, so no compliance there. Today I grabbed the Flightmaster for Tool Watch Tuesday. Also just ordered another "get out of jail free" card from the deals thread.

IMG_8197.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG
Soooo. . . . what's incoming bud? Do we have to wait and see or what?!?

Yeah, I think "wait and see," since I applied the savings from the deal toward two day shipping. I will say that it is not a Speedmaster, so don't get your hopes up there. Remember when my fridge stopped working? I had my eye on something fun that I could not find after I made the repair to the refrigerator.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Nice, I am looking forward to it! Beats a new fridge any day.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Vostok Vednesday compliant with Laika. I even set the date! Also beverage compliant with my first Celebration ale of the year. I love this beer. ImageImage

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:58 pm Nice, I am looking forward to it! Beats a new fridge any day.

Well, it puts things into perspective for sure:
"$X,XXX for a refrigerator to keep my food cold 24/7/365 for years...robbery!"
"$X,XXX for an watch that doesn't keep time anywhere near as well as my microwave....great deal!" :lol:
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Evening switch for Vostok Wednesday. Image
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:Vostok Vednesday compliant with Laika. I even set the date! Also beverage compliant with my first Celebration ale of the year. I love this beer. ImageImage

I love that beer too! Great pairing of beer and watch. Here’s my late entry to Vostok Vednesday while sitting in the airport late last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeaborneBrian
Brand Rep

Post by SeaborneBrian »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:24 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Just thinking out loud...but wondering if @aoedebrian would consider offering a preorder discount to the fine MoT community following their successful Kickstarter campaign?

Yes, I will be offering a discount code for MoT members -- I'll have that live in a few weeks. You'll get same delivery date as KS campaign and I'll make sure to add some extra straps for those that take part.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Compliant on 2-crown Thursday. Also, dog and the mess in my office.

I wish that watch were 38mm?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Happy Halloween. Two crown compliant.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Not compliant, but Halloween compliant! This is as close to getting dressed up as I am gonna get. I will be beverage compliant as soon as TNF starts though.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Halloween compliant. The new Timex's costume. :lol:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody