LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 pm
Split-Time wrote:I enjoyed Dub’s traveling Vostok so much that I ordered one for myself (also to commemorate the experience). As luck would have it here it is fresh out of the box for Vostok Vednesday. My first Vostok!

Awesome man! They really have this charm to them that can't quite be explained don't they? And for the price? Worth every penny. Glad to see you got your own Tankist.

Be careful though, as Vostoks tend to multiply unexpectedly. Don't get them wet, or feed them after midnight. Wait, maybe that's gremlins. Nah, I am pretty sure it's Vostoks.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I know :roll: . I was this close to ordering the yellow dial with yellow bezel today, like [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] and at least one other person has. I wasn’t paying much attention when I ordered this because it ended up being an automatic and I wanted a manual wind (which I still do not have in my collection). Maybe I assumed at $51 or $55 US dollars that this would be manual.

Where is the Legion today? I know I have been slacking but let’s not go a day without a watch shot. I’m having a drink for y’all because I wore the tankist today...so here is to compliance!Image
I'll show you where I was. Not a fun day for me. I mean, I'm fine, just not very enthusiastic. I will join you with that beverage though bud. I need it right now [emoji26]Image

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:28 pm
Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 pm Awesome man! They really have this charm to them that can't quite be explained don't they? And for the price? Worth every penny. Glad to see you got your own Tankist.

Be careful though, as Vostoks tend to multiply unexpectedly. Don't get them wet, or feed them after midnight. Wait, maybe that's gremlins. Nah, I am pretty sure it's Vostoks.

I know :roll: . I was this close to ordering the yellow dial with yellow bezel today, like @Rabirnie and at least one other person has. I wasn’t paying much attention when I ordered this because it ended up being an automatic and I wanted a manual wind (which I still do not have in my collection). Maybe I assumed at $51 or $55 US dollars that this would be manual.

Where is the Legion today? I know I have been slacking but let’s not go a day without a watch shot. I’m having a drink for y’all because I wore the tankist today...so here is to compliance!Image
I'll show you where I was. Not a fun day for me. I mean, I'm fine, just not very enthusiastic. I will join you with that beverage though bud. I need it right now [emoji26]Image

Oh man, that stinks. Glad you are OK. That is by far the most important thing. I still owe you beer.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 pm Awesome man! They really have this charm to them that can't quite be explained don't they? And for the price? Worth every penny. Glad to see you got your own Tankist.

I know :roll: . I was this close to ordering the yellow dial with yellow bezel today, like @Rabirnie and at least one other person has. I wasn’t paying much attention when I ordered this because it ended up being an automatic and I wanted a manual wind (which I still do not have in my collection). Maybe I assumed at $51 or $55 US dollars that this would be manual.

Hopefully insurance is taking care of you.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

Hopefully. I was not at fault. I was stopped at a stop sign and the guy dozed off and came right into me. I hope his USAA can hook it up. Lord knows they have the money judging by their advertising budget!

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:45 pm
TheJohnP wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:28 pm I'll show you where I was. Not a fun day for me. I mean, I'm fine, just not very enthusiastic. I will join you with that beverage though bud. I need it right now [emoji26]Image

Hopefully. I was not at fault. I was stopped at a stop sign and the guy dozed off and came right into me. I hope his USAA can hook it up. Lord knows they have the money judging by their advertising budget!

I've got USAA via my wife.
They should make things right.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote:

Awe, man. That sucks! Thank goodness you're okay, that's all that matters. Hopefully your car can be fixed like new.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Been crazy busy in the office this week. Several emergencies... figures for a short week. Thankfully it's Friday tomorrow and the wife and I are getting away for a night without the kiddos. Two crown compliance check in.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Split-Time wrote:

Oof!

I'm pleased to read you're ok. Do yourself a favor and go get checked over at urgent care or a clinic anyway. You took a hard lick, and you may not feel it now, but there's a good chance you will tomorrow, or the next few days. I'm speaking from experience.

Unfortunately, I fear your car may be totaled. It looks like the radiator support is mangled. Most insurance companies will right it off when that happens.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Split-Time wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: That sucks. Glad you are ok, but tough to see your ride totaled. The smell of airbag dust never comes out, so may be good if the insurance does total it and pay out. Good luck, and hope the loaner is a supercar.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

Oof!

I'm pleased to read you're ok. Do yourself a favor and go get checked over at urgent care or a clinic anyway. You took a hard lick, and you may not feel it now, but there's a good chance you will tomorrow, or the next few days. I'm speaking from experience.

Unfortunately, I fear your car may be totaled. It looks like the radiator support is mangled. Most insurance companies will right it off when that happens.
Honestly, I am glad it's a write off. After a hit like that, it would never be the same. Now if I can get insurance to take care of me properly, I will be okay. But It's their job to give me as little as possible. I am taping my gloves up and maybe taking some PEDs. Allegedly. . .

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: That sucks. Glad you are ok, but tough to see your ride totaled. The smell of airbag dust never comes out, so may be good if the insurance does total it and pay out. Good luck, and hope the loaner is a supercar.
Thanks bud, and speaking of loaners, I borrowed a car from a buddy temporarily. It is a MT RWD hatchback. Any guesses? That's a rare combo. . .

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

And in memory of the times I had with my beloved ST, I post this pic in her memory.
20190130_153119.jpg
20190130_153119.jpg (104.13 KiB) Viewed 7196 times

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 pm
Split-Time wrote:I enjoyed Dub’s traveling Vostok so much that I ordered one for myself (also to commemorate the experience). As luck would have it here it is fresh out of the box for Vostok Vednesday. My first Vostok!

Awesome man! They really have this charm to them that can't quite be explained don't they? And for the price? Worth every penny. Glad to see you got your own Tankist.

I know :roll: . I was this close to ordering the yellow dial with yellow bezel today, like [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] and at least one other person has. I wasn’t paying much attention when I ordered this because it ended up being an automatic and I wanted a manual wind (which I still do not have in my collection). Maybe I assumed at $51 or $55 US dollars that this would be manual.

I’m digging the Tankist! Good news with Vostok’s is that they are so affordable that you can start multiplying them and still stay under a reasonable amount. You should definitely add the yellow Dirskie. She’s a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Split-Time wrote:

So glad to hear you are ok man! That’s some seriously scary stuff. Hope the alleged PEDs will help you in your recovery and your friend’s loaner car.

Don’t get me started on insurance companies... Working in the business side of healthcare is a JOY and won’t jade you at all...

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Rabirnie wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:54 am
Split-Time wrote:

I’m digging the Tankist! Good news with Vostok’s is that they are so affordable that you can start multiplying them and still stay under a reasonable amount. You should definitely add the yellow Dirskie. She’s a beauty.

I concur with [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] in adding the yellow Dirskie. I admired his for awhile and then picked up one myself. It's one of the watches I get the most compliments on. I even gave a yellow Dirskie to my brother-in-law this Christmas for his first mechanical watch.