As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by whoagorgeous »

Dub Rubb wrote:
watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:28 pm I'll show you where I was. Not a fun day for me. I mean, I'm fine, just not very enthusiastic. I will join you with that beverage though bud. I need it right now [emoji26]Image

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
:cry: :cry: :cry: That sucks. Glad you are ok, but tough to see your ride totaled. The smell of airbag dust never comes out, so may be good if the insurance does total it and pay out. Good luck, and hope the loaner is a supercar.
Thanks bud, and speaking of loaners, I borrowed a car from a buddy temporarily. It is a MT RWD hatchback. Any guesses? That's a rare combo. . .

What year?

MT, Rwd, hatch...... Nissan 350/370z?

Oh, glad you're ok too. =)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:17 am
watchpalooza wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:28 pm I'll show you where I was. Not a fun day for me. I mean, I'm fine, just not very enthusiastic. I will join you with that beverage though bud. I need it right now [emoji26]Image

:cry: :cry: :cry: That sucks. Glad you are ok, but tough to see your ride totaled. The smell of airbag dust never comes out, so may be good if the insurance does total it and pay out. Good luck, and hope the loaner is a supercar.
Thanks bud, and speaking of loaners, I borrowed a car from a buddy temporarily. It is a MT RWD hatchback. Any guesses? That's a rare combo. . .

Does it by chance resemble a clown shoe?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:41 am
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:17 am
watchpalooza wrote:

Does it by chance resemble a clown shoe?
That's what I was wondering. It's the only one I can think of. Somehow I doubt it but I really hope so. Good luck with everything Dub!

Edit to add Field watch compliance. I think this is a rather fieldy diver. Large legimable numerals add to its fieldishness.

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

TheJohnP wrote: I've got USAA via my wife.
They should make things right.
I had to deal with USAA when one of their insureds ran a red light and totaled my car several years ago, sending me to the hospital in an ambulance. A more unpleasant company to deal with I cannot imagine. I ended up having to borrow money to pay my medical bills and avoid being sent to collections before they finally came through. I know it's their job to avoid paying if they can, but I've had nothing good to say about them ever since.

I sincerely hope they're more responsive this time.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Field Watch Friday compliant with my Bertucci A-2S Ventara. Image

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Excellent guess with the clown shoe! You were close, but I wish you were right! That would be awesome.
ImageImage

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Field Watch Friday Compliant

ImageER by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:23 pm Excellent guess with the clown shoe! You were close, but I wish you were right! That would be awesome.
ImageImage

Just needs an S54 swap. :D

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:23 pm Excellent guess with the clown shoe! You were close, but I wish you were right! That would be awesome.
ImageImage

And M bumpers. And sideskirts. And of course Vader seats!

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:52 pm
ManOnTime wrote:
ImageImage

Nah, just do the S54, ZF Type C, 3.15:1 rear end, coil-overs and Potenza RE-11As on stock wheels. Sleeper mode canyon runner. :D

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:52 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Nah, just do the S54, ZF Type C, 3.15:1 rear end, coil-overs and Potenza RE-11As on stock wheels. Sleeper mode canyon runner. :D
I had RE-11As on my SE-R spec V and they were scary good. Like I had trouble finding their limits good. Only got about 12k out of them though. Not the best for a daily lol.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I was not compliant all day.
Then got home, switched watches, and cracked a beer.
Compliant

ImageImage

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 am
Rabirnie wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:54 am
Split-Time wrote:
I know :roll: . I was this close to ordering the yellow dial with yellow bezel today, like @Rabirnie and at least one other person has. I wasn’t paying much attention when I ordered this because it ended up being an automatic and I wanted a manual wind (which I still do not have in my collection). Maybe I assumed at $51 or $55 US dollars that this would be manual.

Where is the Legion today? I know I have been slacking but let’s not go a day without a watch shot. I’m having a drink for y’all because I wore the tankist today...so here is to compliance!Image
I’m digging the Tankist! Good news with Vostok’s is that they are so affordable that you can start multiplying them and still stay under a reasonable amount. You should definitely add the yellow Dirskie. She’s a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I concur with @Rabirnie in adding the yellow Dirskie. I admired his for awhile and then picked up one myself. It's one of the watches I get the most compliments on. I even gave a yellow Dirskie to my brother-in-law this Christmas for his first mechanical watch.
I was about to pull the trigger then I looked up the lug to lug length. It’s on the bubble of my comfort zone. Then again, I called my wife Tuesday to tell her that I was going to meet someone at an Omega Boutique in Nashville about a watch and she was cool with it. Turned out it wasn’t what I was looking for...so we didn’t meet up, but it left me with at least $75 burning a hole in my pocket :lol:

Wore this for field watch Friday but just getting around to taking a pic. Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a great start!

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Friday check in. Happy Friday, Legion.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Breakfast beer compliant.

3315498B-FD10-4617-AE00-F56526B541BF.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr